test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alchemy Profession and the ability to customize through dyes

illgraceillgrace Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just saw the blog post about Alchemy and dyes.
Been looking forward to this for a while now.
Glad to see it becoming a reality.

So my question is...can you please give us the ability to dye our characters base model underclothing? The dirt brown bra and panties on my cleric are eyesores next to the really nice armors she has. Every now and then a gal likes to show off what Torm gave her, ya know?
Post edited by illgrace on

Comments

• Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    This post made me laugh :D
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dyes-= GWF,GF, cleric, mage, rogue base colours.grey and brown thats up till 13. no sign of colours so far
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dyes-= GWF,GF, cleric, mage, rogue base colours.grey and brown thats up till 13. no sign of colours so far

Those dye packs at level 7 are the only ones alchemy has.
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Those dye packs at level 7 are the only ones alchemy has.

you're joking... right
    please, tell me it isn't true. the only dyes we get are grey and brown.
    what a gyp
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well... CW gets blue. That's a colour.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah... if PW gave us the ability to dye primary secondary and highlights with crafted dyes....it might cut into their store sold dyes which can... oh and are vibrant colors to boot. I was so annoyed after busting my nuts to get to make dyes then found out they were basically the same color as the garbage armor you get from drops....hell... some of the armor looks better without the crafted dyes imo. It's sad but true.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    illgrace wrote: »
    Just saw the blog post about Alchemy and dyes.
    Been looking forward to this for a while now.
    Glad to see it becoming a reality.

So my question is...can you please give us the ability to dye our characters base model underclothing? The dirt brown bra and panties on my cleric are eyesores next to the really nice armors she has. Every now and then a gal likes to show off what Torm gave her, ya know?

You do realize that during this period/era there was no running water, and that it was likely that adventurers went days if not weeks without bathing, except perhaps for a dip in a nearby stream, river or lake, which I haven't seen too many of

So, that bra is gonna look pretty soiled whether it's pink, purple, fuscia with lace or victoria's secret angels collection.

Just tell that would be suitor that you dyed your undies brown *wink*
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    You do realize that during this period/era there was no running water, and that it was likely that adventurers went days if not weeks without bathing, except perhaps for a dip in a nearby stream, river or lake, which I haven't seen too many of

So, that bra is gonna look pretty soiled whether it's pink, purple, fuscia with lace or victoria's secret angels collection.

which just brings up the next issue, why can't i buy new underpants. please? I'll pay 150 gold to any merchant than can bring me a pair of silk boxers!
    21.jpg
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »

Well if you want realism, let's remove them entirely. Who can afford to keep up underpants when you are living in poverty and filth am I right?

Nuderwinter

On a more serious note. No, I was serious, take that off and give me nude!

No, but seriously. There's magic everywhere, sewers, and water fountains everywhere too. Your argument of "realism" and "periods" is invalid.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What "period/era" are we talking about here? This isn't the middle ages on earth it's D&D LOL. Agree totally with Pizamurai :D
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Agreed on the period thing.

You know the Romans had perfectly good sewers and fresh water supply with fountains and even running water to individual houses, provided you were the emperor or a rich citizen that could afford it?

The mykene culture I think even had some sewer system, and those guys were a good deal earlier than the Romans even. Granted, their sewers weren't as sophisticated.

It's fun and depressing at the same time to think about what had already been invented in Europe and then been forgotten by our glorious more direct ancestors. =/