test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alchemy - any reliable information

dawndaughterdawndaughter Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The buzz in-game is that alchemy was announced - on Twitter - as a new crafting profession. Anyone know anything about how official this is and/or when it supposedly will happen?
Post edited by dawndaughter on

Comments

• Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The buzz in-game is that alchemy was announced - on Twitter - as a new crafting profession. Anyone know anything about how official this is and/or when it supposedly will happen?

It's live on the test server & it's a bit different from the others - you make things to then create skill XP items and recipes, but from my testing so far you will not be making all the potions for a 'Grym session in a hurry :)
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I noticed resources in the market place today on live server (Dragon). Things like quicksilver and brimstone and worn assets. That was the first I had heard of the Alchemy profession as I am not on the forums much. I also noticed my Arcane Crystal and some others now say they are used for the Alchemy profession.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here is the basic rundown of how Alchemy works.

At each level you have a task called "Rank X Experimentation". This task has two possible results. First possible result is you get an unstable potion. The second possible result is you get an unstable potion, a recipe for a potion (or for a handful of levels transmutations instead), and a basic alchemy knowledge item.

Once you have gathered up the required number of alchemy knowledge (usually 2 or 3 depending upon how many potions you can learn that level), you can do the alchemical research task. This task is the only task that gives out XP and it gives out enough for you to level up.

Experimentation tasks at first require require vitriol which is the refined mat for alchemy along with solvent (a mat you buy from the vendor). At level 4, that changes to minor potions (which you can now make from the lower level tasks you already learned) and aqua vitie (which is made with vitriol and solvent). As you go up in level, the require higher quality potions and at level 14 the aqua vitie switches to Aqua Regia (which is made by combining two Aqua vitie bottles). There are a couple levels that are slightly different. For the levels where you are learning transmutations instead of potions, you need coal and quicksilver instead of potions.

Rare tasks consist of batch versions of the potions you know. With those you can make 6,8, or 10 of the potion. How much you make depends on what rank result you get. At level 7, you can make some dye packs (2,4, or 6 of them again depending upon rank result). These dye packs use the standard color for one of the classes and are named as such. So the divine cleric's dye pack will make your armor the same color that divine cleric armor normally looks like. There is also a rare task at 20 for a potion that fills up 25% of your action bar.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they do not nerf the vendor price of potions, this is gonna be awesome. Log in each morning to a sack of gold!

I would rather have weaponcrafting. That is sorely needed. I get sacks of useless potions all day long.