test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronhold you say?

fanskapet666fanskapet666 Member Posts: 43
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
*Sigh* I dont know where to start with all this mess, but lets try!

So you are now working on a new mod or even two? Giving us strongholds and sure I think most people love all this.
But NOT untill you fix all the existing bugs that are in the game right now!

I stoped doing PVE content a long time ago and now only play this game for a very nice combat system in PVP. (This how ever imo has been ruin a lot the last couple of mods with all random proccs that do more damage then actual encounters.) I stoped doing dungeon when it became to easy and you made all (more or less) BoP. From what i understand there is now way harder to do dungeons, but for what? RP and Seals? NoThx, it just dsnt feel rewarding enough for my taste. Give us loot back, that are BoE so we can trade and sell on aH again.

Mod 6 has been live now for what, 8 weeks?

Still to many broken things that needs to be fixed ASAP imo ( it should not take this long to fix things that are gamebreaking)

Wep/armor enchants*

Feytouch = is currently insanly broken in so many levels this alone breaks the game. Seems to debuff the target stackwise from time to time to more or less remove the enemy to do any dmg at all, while boosting your own damage till crazy levels. And sometimes the reverse, make so you dont do any dmg to the enemy.

Trans Vorpal Instead of Removing DR from the target you crit, you acctually give him him DR instead. So better to use an old perfect then a trans.

Elven Still seem broken and not as effective as the tooltip says. (not tested in a while so not sure tbh)

Trans Terror Rooting people from proccs to people that stand around.

Trans Negation Is imo to strong to not use these days, Its sad that we cant have diversity in the game, last mod everyone was running around with black smoke from SF now everyone looks like a discoball. Pls Try to make others more viable.

Class balance and broken stuff:

OP A well built paladin is immortal in pvp in a 1on1 senario, i am fine with this. But with the CD reduction on artifacts (which is clearly broken) They can either go into "Immune mode" or throw DJs at you that can almost 1 hit equaly geard opponents, but without in combat regen its just a matter of time before the OP kills his target and remain untouched. Imo the OP can keep its current dmg, but should not be able to outstand that much incoming dmg or vise versa. (Remeber the old statement to GWFs? Either you have dmg or you have survive ability not both)

HR I really dont know what you were thinking when the HR became the best CC- class in the game. I used to love playing my HR back in in the days when were Archery specced, flying in and out of combat, switching stances having decent amount of CC and Dmg combined. Now its just utterly broken and boring and skill less. Locking someone down with endless CD reduction and permadazes can anyone do. Keep the enemy CCd until a teammate with real DPS shows up to finish the target. Horrible and boring, pls rethink what u've done to this what used to be an awesome class.

TR Probably the most feard enemy on the battlefield, an enemy you cant see and with right spec (MI/SaB) Kill your opponent in matter of seconds by just standing on the otherside of the node spamming daggers. My oh my what happend to this class it used to take skill to surive, and deal dmg as a TR. Charging up the DF, jump, land hits, dodge, troll around the node to not getting cought, repeat and finish with SE. Now the current class is just plain dumb. What i do not understand is why you removed the piercing dmg from the HR (cus it was clearly OP) then right away handed it to the TR? If you want to keep the piercing dmg sure, but for the love of god let it atleast respect tenacity.
I never like the stealth reveal, it kind of broke the TRs core mechanics, but even if u catching the TR today, it better be a one rotate cus the ITC will save him otherwise. (Funny thing is i heard several TRs complaining about the Wheel of element fire buff, cus its piercing dmg, well welcome to our world : ) )

CW Wow, used to feard and taken down as prio 1 in pvp, and still are. The thing is they acctualy used to be dangerous cus of their CC and high dmg, but were fairly easy pray. But now with the rework on shield on Tab and a negation sloted in the west, these creatures are more tanky, then a GWF, has more output dmg And range. Broken classfeaturs that gives stats and others even if its not slotted, and a passive that Crits? Wrong wrong wrong.

GF no longer viable to play a prot specced GF in pvp since OP clearly does a way better job for their team, every GF seem to jump on the class canon wagon. Has higher base dmg then a GWF, even if they have a one handed sword and a shield. Atleast they are slow and cant attack while blocking, but if you getting cought in a GFs rotation get ready to respawn by the campfire:)

DC Dont have to much to say, have high surive abilty as faithful, and protect their team with somewhat insane proccs. Sure i miss the old exaltation DCs that took some skill to time instead of auto proccs. But thats the way this game are going i'm afraid. Otherwise i think DCs are in a good spot and dont need to much adjusment. Maybe the DPS path with fire of the gods is a tad to much.

SW & GWF Is imo the worst classes to bring to pvp atm. Lacking dmg and immunity frames is not a good combination, atleast the GWF has Big red guy in his favour while the SW dsnt have anything. Execpt a superbroken thing when they can make their enemy do 0 dmg to everyone in line of sight.

All in all, time is running out and i got to go. But SW & GWF needs some seriuos love, classes need to be tweaked not overnerfed or overbuffed in a montly basis imo. Broken stuff needs to be fixed way way faster. We cant wait 2 months for a fix that is gamebreaking and ruin the game.

I have clearly missed a lot of things and im sure im wrong in some things too.
Regards
Post edited by fanskapet666 on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The best and less biased thing i have read in a while.
    You forgot to mention how they killed barkshield..which now is worth less than a stack of lesser resonance
    I do not agree with gwf being underpowered in any form tho
    Maybe it was a bit biased...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    The best and less biased thing i have read in a while.
    You forgot to mention how they killed barkshield..which now is worth less than a stack of lesser resonance
    I do not agree with gwf being underpowered in any form tho
    Maybe it was a bit biased...

Na, i just think that HR, GWF and SW esp the SW is underperforming compared to the other classes.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with some things in the opening dialogue, but disagree with a few.

I don't find the CW very tanky as you discussed. I played my CW through the Mod 6 content and felt pretty squishy, even when I used shield - which didn't seem to make a huge difference due to the damage output of the current NPCs/monsters . . .

GWF - you said this is the worst class (along with SW) in PvP. I am not sure why it is so bad in PvP because in PvE the DPS created by the GWF cannot be matched by any other class. I watched several GWFs take down Cloud Giants in mere seconds, which was faster than my TR could do - and my TR is built for max DPS, not stealth or stun. Bottom line is that the GWF currently owns PvE DPS, easily, based on my observations.

TR - this class used to have great ArP capability before it was nerfed into the ground for a long time. This was not stolen from the HR and given to the TR. The TR merely got it back again, as it should. ArP makes sense for the TR class, if you follow D&D . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Those mods were being worked on long before even the release of Mod 6. The development cycle is usually well ahead of what has actually been released.

I've said this before and I'm going to say it once again: No developer is going to put a full stop to new content to "fix" existing content. Both must be worked on concurrently.

FYI: The issue with certain enchantments stacking multiplicatively was addressed in today's patch.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Those mods were being worked on long before even the release of Mod 6. The development cycle is usually well ahead of what has actually been released.

I've said this before and I'm going to say it once again: No developer is going to put a full stop to new content to "fix" existing content. Both must be worked on concurrently.

FYI: The issue with certain enchantments stacking multiplicatively was addressed in today's patch.

Reputable devs would:
    1) Have enough quality control to limit the issues they release. The issues I've seen in this game is constant. Noones expecting flawless, but please don't pretend issues don't exist because "zomg this is how development works", because you're just simplifying and dodging bullets.
    2) Hotfix important issues. You know those things where things can be one-shotted or ad can be created out of thin air. Probably best fix those issues before weeks or months pass.
    3) Fix the impactful issues in a timely manner that don't need to be hotfixed.

If they can't do that, then they need to allocate resources in order to achieve that. Noone said they should stop working on new content, they said that current content should be fixed in a timely manner. We all know there's time between modules so it only makes sense that most issues are ironed out before the next module comes right? Yet every module has the same pattern and nothing has changed. If they want long term success, they need change. Otherwise their reputation decreases.

The module has been delayed with still big issues. That is not normal, and I'm sure people would like you not to pretend otherwise.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Disagree on the GWF part of your post. Playing one myself and seen some other guys if skilled and geared they can be beasts, it got a viable class in mod6 again in my opinion.

SW, well, there helps nothing to be honest!

I dissagre tho, I do also play GWF at BiS lvl, its hard to build and maintain stacks and keep the dmg bonus up. There are far more supieror classes to bring imo then the gwf.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dissagre tho, I do also play GWF at BiS lvl, its hard to build and maintain stacks and keep the dmg bonus up. There are far more supieror classes to bring imo then the gwf.

I'm not an expert on GWF, but I saw several in Mod 6 that were plowing through PvE content with ease. Their DPS was off the scale. Maybe there is some info on a good Mod 6 GWF build around the forums . . . I only know what I saw some of them doing in Spinward Rise and it was mind blowing in the damage department.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on GWF, but I saw several in Mod 6 that were plowing through PvE content with ease. Their DPS was off the scale. Maybe there is some info on a good Mod 6 GWF build around the forums . . . I only know what I saw some of them doing in Spinward Rise and it was mind blowing in the damage department.

You are talking about PVE still while OP is talking about PVP, hugh different :)
  • Options
    thetruexenosthetruexenos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Issue i have with GWF is that when we do get our stacks up, or our rage going, 90% of classes can just bunker or run away. They have great DPS in PvE because the boss does not move. In PvP it just feels like other classes can blitz you down, with the right abilities i wont even get to turn on the rage.

I also don't understand why all of the GWF CC has been reduced to stuns. Why does Takedown not knock down anymore? Why does Surge the Line or whatever not push people back/down? If its OP thats fine, lets fix it on all classes.