test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic dungeons don't feel epic!

2»

Comments

• casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... we already know that. That's kind of the 'point' of this thread!

Jeez!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • testicol0testicol0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and it's a stupid point because it's normal that in a dungeon 6k gear score the enemy drops ****... this thread is a rosik thread, nothing else...
    if u want good items u will play t2 dungeon...
    edited June 2013
    Ok... Ok.. I'll bite...

Lets say for a moment that you are correct. T2 is the ONLY way to get Purple gear.

Normal dungeons drop 'blue' gear... We all know that to be true too, don't we?

So, now lets look at this middle area.... T1 better known as 'EPIC'

The dungeons have a different name, and a different difficulty, correct? There is no arguing this point, regardless of whether you find it hard or easy, it simply IS more difficult, and labeled as 'EPIC'

Now lets look at what drops here:

Firstly Unicorn seals... These are used to buy what? Thats right T1 gear, from the T1 gear seller.

Ok, so lets go and see what the T1 seller sells.

Oh wait.. Its ALL purple, no blues here. There must be a mistake... I must have got it wrong.. Or else maybe I have a valid point?

So once again, for those that REFUSE to understand my point.

BLUE gear is for normal dungeons and is expected to drop from the bosses. This is your first step up the gear ladder, the first step towards getting you into a T1 dungeon.

Then.. What do you need to do Teir 2??? Thats right a full set of purple gear is required not 'optional' but REQUIRED.

So if blue gear dropping from T1 dungeons is correct (and ignoring the unicorn seller for just a second) there would be NO WAY to gear up for T2!! Surely this is not what the developers wanted.. Surely they wanted a smooth transition from blue (normal dungeons) to purple T1 (EPIC) to purple T2 (EPIC)). This is good game development, and the NORM!

PURPLE gear should drop from EPIC dungeons. T1 from the lower part of the epic list: (like the T1 gear seller sells)

The Cloak Tower
    Cragmire Crypts
    Throne of Idris
    Grey wolf den
    and Lair of the Mad Dragon! (although this is VERY debatable - maybe this one should start dropping T2!!)

and T2 from the higher part of the list. (like the T2 seller sells)

Frozen Heart
    Lair of the Pirate King
    Spellplague Caverns
    Karrundax
    Temple of the spider
    Dreadvault and
    Castle Never

This is the point I am trying to make. This is the point I tried to make when I first started typing in this thread! And instead of 'intelligent debate' I have been told that I'm a ****, my friends SUCK, and I should be able to do Idris with no slotted spells and only lvl 1 at wills!

So.. please, I beg you.. If you have nothing intelligent to say about this, then move on, and flame someone elses thread... Thanks :)

Art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2013
    what is wrong in your brain? In T1 Dungeon the % to find purple item is low... in T2 Dungeon the % to find purple T1 item is HIGH but the % to find purple T2 Items is LOW... and the same in dungeon T2,5 ( CASTLE NEVER ) the % to find T2 is better than T2 dungeon...

like every mmo...
  • saevynsaevyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here is my problem with epic dungeons, and a lot of these come from Lair of the Mad Dragon.

First of all I don't mind the end boss being a challenge and like it, but the ramp up from boss 1 & 2 to the third boss is just ridiculous.

The amount of copper you get running these is a joke when you're constantly having to stock pile injury kits to do some of these. I'm making 8 copper a trash mob yet I have to buy 20 silver major injury kits? If I want a stack its 4g. I'm lucky to make 1g doing the dungeon.

Why in the hell does movement not automatically cancel cast animations? It is absurd that I can't move or shift out of red circles because I'm in the middle of a cast animation and this needs to be fixed.

Who thought making Chartilifax's hitbox the size of the entire room was a good idea? I shouldn't be able to turn completely around, targeting an imp and STILL hit Chartilifax. If you insist on wave after wave of adds, you need to implement better targeting in these encounters.

You can't CC Hellfire Magus while in their cast is up? What? Why is this a good idea? God forbid like last night I got screwed by RNG and get a roar right before I'm cheesed into the ground. CCing the mobs during their cast is a good thing, and should be changed so that you can.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The loot drops should really be fixed in T1

it makes me wonder... why would I, a t2 geared cleric bother with a T1 dungeon like mad dragon, It never dropped anything useful for me. I always get Blue items from it. So why would I want to do T1 dungeons anymore.

Heck I can always get full pvp gear or get some T2 gears from AH and go to t2... so why bother with t1. SInce i think and feel T1 are more difficult than most t2s and does not reward me well.... why should i bother with t1 dungeons, heck T2 dungeon delve boxes even give t1 items.. DOH!

This would affect the community if all clerics dont bother with t1s anymore and just focus on t2s thus making t1s obsolete.
  • thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I think they should probably add another colour. For example T1 items would be purple and then the T2 red? Something like this so there would be a "very rare" and an "epic". With Gauntlgrym they're bringing in even more epic gear so I guess those would need their own level or something if they are really a lot better.

Also some indication on the difficulty of the dungeons would be nice in the queue system since at first I was completely lost at what should I try. Maybe change the queue window so that the dungeons would be in some sort of difficulty order and clearly separated in windows for different tiers?

Personally I sort of skipped T1 because I got a lot of nice stuff from my guild mates and got the PvP sword and helmet. From the couple of the dungeons I did, I got enough gear to go to T2s and that's where I've stayed unless a fellow guild member needs help.
    edited June 2013
    Also some indication on the difficulty of the dungeons would be nice in the queue system since at first I was completely lost at what should I try. Maybe change the queue window so that the dungeons would be in some sort of difficulty order and clearly separated in windows for different tiers?
    are u blind? it's already divided by difficulty and tier... there are dungeon with 6,9k gear score min ( easy, T1 ), dungeon with 8,3k gear score min ( hard, T2 ) and Castle Never with 9,2k ( very hard, T2,5 )

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve here we can find help to end the dungeon...

isn't this enough?!
    edited June 2013
    testicol0 wrote: »
    are u blind? it's already divided by difficulty and tier... there are dungeon with 6,9k gear score min ( easy, T1 ), dungeon with 8,3k gear score min ( hard, T2 ) and Castle Never with 9,2k ( very hard, T2,5 )

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve here we can find help to end the dungeon...

isn't this enough?!
    No **** Sherlock? I find it somewhat user not-friendly that you have to click through them all to see the gear score requirements. At least show the gs requirement on the list, not just in the description. Also, there are 6 dungeons that require gear score 8300. Are they all as hard? Well no! Some of them are much harder than the others. How are you supposed to know that when you start doing them? For example I think that Spellplague really needs an experienced crew to finish, but then again Lair of the Pirate King is ok if you just queue randomly.

ps. Now they are at least sorted by gs.
    edited June 2013
    No **** Sherlock? I find it somewhat user not-friendly that you have to click through them all to see the gear score requirements. Atleast show the gs requirement on the list, not just in the description. Also, there are 6 dungeons that require gear score 8300. Are they all as hard? Well no! Some of them are much harder than the others. How are you supposed to know that when you start doing them? For example I think that Spellplague really needs an experienced crew to finish, but then again Lair of the Pirate King is ok if you just queue randomly.
    ****ing genius the difficulty of different dungeons is the difference team by team... every dungeon has a different style to play than another dungeon... then Cryptic can't write THIS DUNGEON IS DIFFICULT AND THIS IS NOT because if your team have the right classes your team can end the dungeon quickly and easily...
    one dungeon is better to play melee, one dungeon ranged, one dungeon is better without tank... ecc... how can cryptic know how much is hard this dungeon for me and how much for you... the only different is the team...
    then the gear score is the only thing that the can write...
    edited June 2013
    ****ing genius the difficulty of different dungeons is the difference team by team... every dungeon has a different style to play than another dungeon... then Cryptic can't write THIS DUNGEON IS DIFFICULT AND THIS IS NOT because if your team have the right classes your team can end the dungeon quickly and easily...
    one dungeon is better to play melee, one dungeon ranged, one dungeon is better without tank... ecc... how can cryptic know how much is hard this dungeon for me and how much for you... the only different is the team...
    then the gear score is the only thing that the can write...
    Do you ever comment on anything politely? Just asking. I hadn't thought about that one. I guess we've had a bad composition for our group for some of the dungeons then.
    edited June 2013
    Do you ever comment on anything politely? Just asking. I hadn't thought about that one. I guess we've had a bad composition for our group for some of the dungeons then.

you call me **** sherlock and now i must be politely?! sure asdasd
    edited June 2013
    you call me **** sherlock and now i must be politely?! sure asdasd
    "No **** Sherlock?" is a phrase meaning "oh really?" Check your posts, you're calling everyone here stupid and asking if there's something wrong with other people's brains.
    edited June 2013
    Thesipelius, he's just another person who doesn't allow anyone to have an opinion.. probably best ignored. And as for can he be polite.. No he cant, he's told me I'm stupid and that there's something wrong with my brain :)

Another of the wow kids who want to stamp their feet because things don't go their way, and because heaven forbid someone believes something different to them or has any kind of opinion.

I know why I came here, and it seems I have some support for my thinking, so I'm at least happy in that respect.

I just wish these forums weren't full of rudeness. I'd probably use them more often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Having really low RNG on epics is to stop players from leaving the game. Giving players something to do at end game while waiting for new content to arrive which usually takes 1~3 months. Epic gear is a luxury item, it's end game gear. Spending hours upon hours grinding the same dungeon over and over again till they get what they want. NW has this easy, some games it takes 100+ hours grinding the same dungeon for one boss unique item that might not even be for you. If you got epic gear every run from T1 to get into T2, the game would be dry real quick. People would have full epic gear in a matter of days. This is a problem because once you've experienced T2 dungeons from a casual stand point, the game is done and it's time to uninstall or make a new character. For hardcore gamers it's a endless grind for gear and gold till new content hits NW which would take months and by then they might be bored and take a break or quit.

Tons of games have this implemented, for example Dungeon & Fighter Online. The Other Verse dungeon requires 350 gear points to enter Other Verse 1, You then need 700+ to enter Other Verse 2 or you get destroyed. So you have to grind the previous dungeon for gear before you can even think about advancing to the next tier.

No offence to the OP, but you must think about the hardcore players(which is the majority when you hit end game) and those who invest lots of time into this game. No hardcore player wants a game that has quick and dry end game experience. Same goes for those who spend Zen and most importantly their time.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The dungeons drops are fine, imo. My problem is having nothing to do while waiting for the dungeon queue to pop. I wish the queue system worked like wow where i could queue pvp and pve and have my spot in line saved for one when the other pops.

Back on topic, i dont go into epics expecting to get a drop. I go for the coins. The epic lvl drops the few and sometimes the coin items are better. Hell i think the pvp gear is better for tr's (my main toon) than the t1 purely b/c of the 20% longer stealth time set bonus vs the pve t1 set bonus which is lifesteal or some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. Stealth is better in every single possible way than lifesteal. So much so i imagine it makes up for the loss of stats from the pvp gear having +max hp on it.