test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we all agree that the rebalance patch killed the game now?

coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I mean it was a massive failure. Next patch is just putting the final nail in the coffin. Normal parties cannot clear dungeons. DC is a broken class for non hardcore, CW is bugged, bosses and adds need to be toned down if it stays like this.
Post edited by coolarsonist on

Comments

• nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No. We can't all agree to that...
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rebalance patch didn't "Kill the game".

I was annoyed at a lot of the changes, but it's actually kicked some life into the game. Guardian Fighters and Great Weapon Fighters actually have a use now. Before the patch it was rare to find a group that would run with them, let alone that wanted them.

It has, however, murdered the face off of PvP. Considering how broken PvP was before the patch though, that's nothing new.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I believe I and many others will continue to play after the patch, and probably a few subsequent patches after so no the game is not dead.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm a GF and never had an issue running Epic T2's before or after the patch. Trash is a bit of an adjustment for our teams at first but once everyone got used to the healing changes it's pretty much the same content just a bit harder.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rogues still one shot kill me... So I dunno what you're complaining about.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, why? Could be better but it's not related to what the patch changed. PvP stuff needs more tweaking but that's it.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Massive failure with thousands of people still playing happily... derr? Hopefully, it turns some of the whiners off and they leave, but unfortunately, that's just wishful thinking.
  • burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Massive failure with thousands of people still playing happily... derr? Hopefully, it turns some of the whiners off and they leave, but unfortunately, that's just wishful thinking.

/2nded

I actually like most of the class changes, I do not PvP so it being borked or not does not concern me.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having a good time.. If pvp people hate it and leave..I wouldn't know..:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't think it was the patch that killed it.

Greedy, incompetent project management is coming pretty close to killing it though.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    I am sad about PvP, but im sure it will be fixed.

I dont like that my CW seems a lot weaker in PvP...he was just getting fun LOL

I still love the game and patches come and go, game will change again...just wait.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly I haven't even noticed the changes, I'm a wizard though and just lvl 26
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Balance patch didn't kil the game, I logged in just today.

Game is alive.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I mean it was a massive failure. Next patch is just putting the final nail in the coffin.

Nope, can't agree
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah this game is about to become trash.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Yeah this game is about to become trash.

Why do you even still play? All I see are posts from you about how bad the game is. Go away if you're not enjoying it.
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Foundry not available will kill the game....
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have read people not playing their cleric any more cause they cant stack AS. Means they can't make every class a tank ..... Wah I am playing a healer and now I have to heal. Seriously, haven't found anything I disliked about the patch yet.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Meh...The GWF is still the 3rd wheel on a bicycle.

Whoppie I can make a lot of numbers (and I do mean a lot of numbers) fly onto my screen and take top DPS. Means nothing. When I can dump all my encounters and cycle WMS/WS and then pop a daily and see that I only dented some elite mob while I watch the CW either lockdown or pitch over the side...or the TR burning it down from full to dead I get the notion I picked the wrong class. I have been hard headed about it but GWF is not useful well actually the best I get to do now is run in circles aggroing everything and letting party pull a couple at a time or burn the boss and don't forget I can spint/ress folks!
  • sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    GWF seems to be a bit better, could still use a damage boost but i like where it is going
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • thecoat9thecoat9 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have read people not playing their cleric any more cause they cant stack AS. Means they can't make every class a tank ..... Wah I am playing a healer and now I have to heal. Seriously, haven't found anything I disliked about the patch yet.

Let me preface by saying I don't consider this much of an issue beyond ignorant people like the guy I had yesterday raging that I didn't keep AS us full time and arguing with me that it didn't have a cool down. Yes it makes things more difficult, but not insurmountable. One thing it does do is make it less tolerable for people to stand in fire. So I agree that the changes are no reason to stop playing a cleric.

I do take issue with the "and now I have to heal" mindset, which tends to disregard the real (but not totally insurmountable) issue. Healing in this game is best described as splatter healing. While it is certainly possible to target heal realistically it's not very reliable at all. With the movement required in fights, and the sheer number of trash mob adds in many of the fights, finding a person who's low on health, getting them targeted and casting a direct heal before they are covered in mobs or run behind another player is sometimes and exercise in futility. The healing game is designed around ae healing, and the AS change has left an open hole where none of our abilities lend a synergy to fill the gap completely. Most are running SB and FF now for a mediocre stop gap, but even that is lack luster at times for various reasons. Bastion of Health would be a very viable solution were it not for it's long cool down, which ultimately creates a gap at some point.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fix cleric heals (healing word and sunburst, forgemaster's flame' range, bastion of useless health) and take off righteousness. Then fix the set bonuses, feats, and powers for other classes like CW, etc.
  • exarchcathedraexarchcathedra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Meh...The GWF is still the 3rd wheel on a bicycle.

More traditionally called a tricycle...so, stability enhancing?
  • coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need to rebalance clerics, fix cw bugs, there is a whole list of things. If you are going to nerf clerics and cw then nerf the bosses and adds that spawn so regular parties can actually clear.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is the worse mmo ever, i prefer to play sh1 t on private servers than this
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    OP = melty loser with a no deets troll thread
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    Having a good time.. If pvp people hate it and leave..I wouldn't know..:p

Because when bad things happen to other people it's comedy
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah sorry OP I dont follow what your saying here... I overall liked the changes to the game, I just wish it was done earlier so there were not so much end game loot in the economy from glitching. With that said I think new content AND future expansion will alleviate that.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yeah sorry OP I dont follow what your saying here... I overall liked the changes to the game, I just wish it was done earlier so there were not so much end game loot in the economy from glitching. With that said I think new content AND future expansion will alleviate that.

what has been done, is done. it wont fix anything but bring more bugs and fail again.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I mean it was a massive failure. Next patch is just putting the final nail in the coffin.
    I am noticing My GWF is surviving better and enemies are falling easier so I am liking what has happened so far.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.