What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well we gave it a go

2»

Comments

• redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    um ... except for its against forum rules. "Goodbye threads" are not allowed.

So?

The reason they are not allowed is so PWE can avoid negative (often quite justifiably) feedback on the Forums.

My personal opinion is that if they are so scared of such feedback then that is all the more reason to do it.

If they can't stand some honesty from their players then their rules are worth squat.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    Support > Contact us > Submit = Much more effective

O'Rly ?

I have a few support tickets that are still open from nearly a month ago.
    People posting in this thread are players. They can not do anything about the OPs concerns. All threads like this do is antagonize and invite discourse.

Exhibit A = This Thread.

ZOUNDS, it's the dreaded discourse. What they can and do well is raise player awareness of problems. Why you should characterize this as antagonistic is something of a curiosity.
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So?

The reason they are not allowed is so PWE can avoid negative (often quite justifiably) feedback on the Forums.

My personal opinion is that if they are so scared of such feedback then that is all the more reason to do it.

If they can't stand some honesty from their players then their rules are worth squat.

All The Best

So my point is ... it is against the rules so it is better to modify it so that the OPs concerns can be heard.

Your point is ... so what? ... causing the post to be locked and banished?

Which of the two is actually being more helpful?
  • dopybkssdopybkss Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It does serve a purpose. The OP is simply stating his/her opinion and one which I happen to agree with, strongly. And so do many others I suspect. I hate this pay to play model, and I only reached level 40 till I realized to fully enjoy the game, I would have to pay out the pounds.
    Sad thing it seems to work for them. When players say they are forking out a hundred pounds/dollars or whatever I think they are insane and walking into the trap that the devs want. They are NOT interested in their player base, they are only interested in MONEY.
    Im really looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online and take it from me, it will not be play to win, end of.
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    welcome to the f2p mmo market.
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dopybkss wrote: »
    It does serve a purpose. The OP is simply stating his/her opinion and one which I happen to agree with, strongly. And so do many others I suspect. I hate this pay to play model, and I only reached level 40 till I realized to fully enjoy the game, I would have to pay out the pounds.
    Sad thing it seems to work for them. When players say they are forking out a hundred pounds/dollars or whatever I think they are insane and walking into the trap that the devs want. They are NOT interested in their player base, they are only interested in MONEY.
    Im really looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online and take it from me, it will not be play to win, end of.

Again, no one said he does not have valid concerns. It is the way he is presenting his concerns that is faulty. "Goodbye threads" are not allowed. Re-post without mention of "goodbyes" and the post will be in compliance.

/waits for next "so what" thread ... 3 ... 2 ... 1
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jalfrey wrote: »

Now, foundry - it could have been the games greatest asset but no, they want to control it far too much. Being a foundry quest maker should have the same rush as being a Dungeon Master in the old table top D&D - where you plan the encounters, the dungeons - everything - INCLUDING the loot. But foundry quest makers have no control over the loot, so no matter how much work they put into a quest, the rewards are generally still absolutely terrible. I remember when I was a teenager playing AD&D Second Edition and developing the "Rod Of Seven Parts" campaign for our weekly group - a campaign which lasted well over a year and took players across wondrous worlds, dark and feared dungeons, encounters with dragons and demigods, and a whole host of other fun. That is what foundry should be, not "just another dungeon with crappy rewards".

The entire game seems focused on pushing people towards the Zen shop. You want AD, buy Zen and exchange them. You want a nice mount - buy Zen and either buy one or take a chance with RNG on the nightmare chests or open enough chests to get the Twilight from Bars. Want a nice companion - buy Zen to either buy one from Zen shop or sell for diamonds to buy one. Want cool fashion outfits - same thing. Want to level your professions to the max - the only way is to buy buy buy and even then if you want to make shirt and pants you have to buy buy buy even more because unless you have those purple "assets" you don't have a snowball in hell's chance of making them. With regards to all the other purple gear you can make (other than shirt and pants) don't bother, because it is so useless no-one is ever going to buy it.

Neverwinter, you have failed.

Goodbye.

I'll agree 100% with the foundry issue. It doesn't matter how much time or effort you put into a map when everything that comes out of it is garbage. You guys have a truly epic chance to make player made content a huge addition to the game; instead it's just mediocre at best and a huge time-sink. Yes, the current loot system just makes the game P2W in every aspect. Don't argue it isn't when you can easily buy zen, trade it to AD, then buy whatever you please and completely max everything out. That isn't fun in any way unless you're rich, have nothing better to use real world currency for, and don't like working for anything in-game. Yes it's personal choice to do that. Is it a good system to promote longevity in game software? No. All that will accomplish is a very short lived game where people get what they want because they are impatient and then get bored and leave because again they are impatient.

Yes you get tons of cash front loaded under the guise of entertainment (and it was entertaining for a while there don't get me wrong) but real entertainment is progressive not instant. Could you imagine if they released every episode of your favorite tv show in one night? The wait is what makes the payoff worth it. If you remove the wait the payoff just doesn't exist. It's all instant and then what? Like most things in the world; rewards are more rewarding when they are worked for.

Lacking an open world is also kind of boring but I do get that it's DDO essentially which was a lot of the same waiting around. There is literally no real incentive to buy mounts. Why? to run around protectors enclave in circles faster flaunting your epeen? ok....Yes you have a surplus of cash. That is great for you and, even better, good for cryptic; as it fits into their business model perfectworldly.

My other issue is more adds do not make content harder. They make it tedious as &%^$. There are too many effects that knock you around like a bean-bag. I can't count the times I have been killed in mid air during a knockback. Yea dodge is your argument I know. Don't even bother responding. Two dodges hardly account for the amount of ground effects floating around from literally everything and everyone. Some fights (FH for example) feel like you have just pulled all of the instance into the boss area. Sure there are ways to do it. Most people just want to glitch it though which is less about being skilled and more about bugging something on a ledge somewhere, pulling it to a fire to avoid add spawns, stacking a class mechanic,getting it to fall off a cliff and the list goes on ad nauseaum. This in itself screams that hardly anything has been completely tested internally. Stick a leash on bosses, tone down damage on ground effects an amount, mark a bosses regular melee so they feel like bosses all of the time (not just when this big circle is down) and do something unique with fight additions(not just the swarm bs ever x%...literally every fight I swear...it's unimaginative and lazy)...fixed.

The loot "fix" that is coming down the road is just....bad. You let this game's economy be dictated by the ability of players to sell everything for too long before implementing this fix. Why items weren't bop from start is completely puzzling. You have players leveling to 60 in a week or less (or more depending of course) and able to fully gear BiS in less than a day with a heavy wallet. I know you want money. What do you want more of? A lot of money over a few months or a markedly higher amount of money over a longer period of time? That is the real question. Do you want a larger player-base that spends averagely the same amount or a smaller one that pays a ridiculous amount. The former is far more lucrative I promise.

Stop catering to sweeping comments from the community. Most people do not understand the game outside of their own class mechanics. How do you fix this. HAVE EVERY developer that you utilize test all content on all characters. YES. Have them PLAY the game that they develop. A novel idea I know. It's obvious when certain things are so sweepingly unbalanced that your team never put an effort into t1 or t2 dungeons (atral stacking being the most obvious). As is the game is utterly broke. I have played far too many to not see this. I'm not comparing your game to others. I'm comparing it's stability to others. It is widely unstable and I am tired of typing. I think i made my point. Take it however you wish. Flame away trolls. Disagree fanboys. etc etc etc. I don't care. I'm just putting in my two cents.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    @op
    is there a reason you have to tell us that you're leaving?
    i mean, its not like anybody would care or give a **** about you anyway. if you dont like the game, well its simple and only 4letters long: GTFO

ah and please close the door behind you okay?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all please?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to see you go but please keep the goodbyes to PM's and In Game. I quit threads simply draw too much flame for their own good.

However we would gladly welcome feedback on how to improve the game without pulling out the 'I Quit' card. :)

Rules of Conduct:
    No "I Quit" threads.
    We're sorry to see you go, but please keep your goodbyes to PMs or in game messages. These threads do not contribute to the community discussion and generally end in hate or flames.
This discussion has been closed.