test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BoP loot system - So what I should do at End Game if I have best gear ? Nothing ?

Comments

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't really understand the OP. If they find nothing to do at end game except farming items to auction, why do they need better enchants anyway? What are they using them for?

What they haven't seemed to consider is, with less items becoming available to sell at auction and thus amass AD to buy 'stuff', all the 'stuff' is going to come down in price anyway. People will be more open to trade like for like too, rather than farm for AD.

I wasn't over the moon when I read about the BoP changes, but can we at least see how the economy reacts before we have any more 'sky is falling' threads, please.
  • Options
    capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    time will tell. For me it will be more Pay To Win :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    more discussioon please :)
  • Options
    camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that the OP had it right, the value of AD will increase, and the price point of those items will drop over time. That's simple economics: if you increase a commodity's rarity, you increase it's value. but what I haven't heard anything about is a change in the other ways to get AD.

I see this BoP introduction as a way to guide players into running other content that generates AD by increasing the relative value of that content. This would only hold true if there's not a similar reduction in AD rewards from that content, of course.

I think there's been an inflation creep here where players are now expecting to see big numbers. Who doesn't like big numbers? But a move like this will make the numbers go down, but the value go up.

So yes, you will get a lot less (and no, I won't speculate on how much less) in raw numbers, and for a time the prices will be high when AD supply is low, but the market will stabilize and the prices will drop too.

Douglas Adams said it best: "Don't Panic!"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    also , what content gonna have best " PLUS" .. ofc ZEN store.. Consipracy theory. Now you can easly obtain ad and change it for zen and change it for zen items.

When we will be at short age of AD no more converting ad to zen for shop items
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's say BoP system loot will go live.

What will be the reason for me go into the dungeons if I can't sell that items ?
    How I should Earn AD for enchants ?

The only reason why End Content Players going into Dunegons are for items -> sell items -> earn some ad -> buy better enchants.

Pet Items will be almost impossible to get like Icon for stone.

It's like Cryptic says "we dont care , we want push you to buy more staff from zen store for real money"..

Because , I just dont see the way HOW IM GONNA earn AD ? it gonna leads to :

ALL prices will go down because ppl will not have AD and nobody gonna buy it
    or All prices will go up , and only players with real money can afford for enchants.

Let's Discuss....

Level up alts and gear them and enchant your gear with the best enchats possible - it'll take you enough time don't worry the grind is there waiting for you to give it a taste .
  • Options
    bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    i for one dislike the idea, sure end game content gear wont be on AH anymore. but i enjoy running dungs on my geared char, to get drops to sell to make AD. with said AD i can buy gear and stuff for my alts.
  • Options
    mordikaymordikay Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP items is a bad bad idea for a game like this. Soon noone will run dungeons unless it's on alts and with the Recent "balancing patch that killed clerics and made stuff like spider next to impossible i don't know how many will stay in this derailed train.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mordikay wrote: »
    BoP items is a bad bad idea for a game like this. Soon noone will run dungeons unless it's on alts and with the Recent "balancing patch that killed clerics and made stuff like spider next to impossible i don't know how many will stay in this derailed train.

agreed, i cant see myself running frozen heart ever again once i gear my said alt etc. just like wow. you gonna get max lvl farm t1, then farm t2 takes weeks now your geared now you can raid? rather farm AD on my main and insta gear an alt so he can do CN
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    agreed, i cant see myself running frozen heart ever again once i gear my said alt etc. just like wow. you gonna get max lvl farm t1, then farm t2 takes weeks now your geared now you can raid? rather farm AD on my main and insta gear an alt so he can do CN

Raid? What game are you playing? :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    well now when you hit 60 you have to run t1s to get the GS to run t2s, then you can run CN. they will add raids to this game i thought i read

but still not happy with this BOP idea. really really reconsider PWE
  • Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Any chance anyone thinks we can get raids on NWO? maybe like implemented later?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    forget raids i want my BOEs to make the ADs so i can one day afford those 1.5mill AD items
  • Options
    xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First of all. You can Salvage them and the other thing, they are going to put in new dungeons with better gear that Tier 2. Tier 3 and 4 coming out now in summer.
  • Options
    xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    canishelix wrote: »
    Any chance anyone thinks we can get raids on NWO? maybe like implemented later?

I did read from Neverwinter, Raids going to impants. 10 Man i quess or 15 man.
  • Options
    smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    I think ALL drop should be individually drop per player but at random ofc. so if a boss is to drop 1 purple, 1 enchantment shard then it should drop one individually for each player instead of the shard items being split. that way it eliminates the ninja looting and all that garbage, and AH would still serve its function
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Surveys are rarely(read: never) done on an entire population. But instead a sample of said population.

Those polls you see on TV "54% of Americans think such and such", yeah they polled maybe 1000 people.

Surveys can be also easily manipulated by choosing the statistic group you go to ask.
    Ask on forums: full of negative opinions.
    Ask in game: people enjoying the game or have no opinion.
  • Options
    notosnotos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm still pretty new to the game, so I have a question. As of now, before the BoP thing happens, what do people do once they get best-in-slot gear? Do they run dungeons and get more gear for the purpose of selling it or giving it to alts? If you run dungeons to get AD, won't you continue to get AD through salvaging, albeit not at such an inflated rate? And if you run them to gear up alts, wouldn't it make more sense for those alts to earn their own gear? From a developer's perspective, I can see why that kind of playstyle (using your geared toon to farm gear for alts) would be problematic.

Another problem is having all gear able to be purchased indirectly through Zen, which makes the game pay-to-win. In the short term, it might make them some money through zen sales, but in the long run, being pay-to-win seems like it would do more harm than good for the game.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cloak Tower is about to get realllllly popular.

LFG T1 CT SPEED RUNS FOR AD, 15.7K GS GWF HUEHUEHUE
  • Options
    spineshatterspineshatter Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only way to make a BoP system work is to have all important drops (weapons, tier armor, etc) available for purchase with dungeon tokens. Requiring that I run spellplague another 30 times for a slim chance at the t2 hat I want is, quite honestly, enough to make me lose interest in playing. Running the same dungeons time and time again without any guarantee of *ever* getting the item you're after will ensure a short, incredibly boring future for this game. This is coming from someone who earned every single piece of his gear through drops. Its still a terrible idea.

Shame, too. This game was kind of fun.
  • Options
    crasharrcrasharr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Cloak Tower is about to get realllllly popular.

LFG T1 CT SPEED RUNS FOR AD, 15.7K GS GWF HUEHUEHUE

Another GWF that is still going to be passed in favour of the 3CW + DC + TR meta
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I must agree with the OP, im already fully geared and i just run dungeons to help some of my friends and well.... to get items for sell to get AD for the high priced enchantments.

I didnt bought any of my gear from the AH (beside ioun stone), all the items i got were from farming T2 dungeons. So in conclusion if it wasnt for the items drop's BoE i dont think i have anything much to do in this game anymore, i didnt spend a dime and i already have all the top gear in this game with what ? 40 days live game ??

In my opinion the drop rates are ok.... very hard to get T2 drops from bosses so i dont think cryptic need to place BoP, all they need to do is add BoP items from DD chests (which i believe 90% of the items in the AH are coming from DD)

I think the game have a great potencial, the combat is great (with a few adjustements) so much potencial in here.....
  • Options
    dalebertnhdalebertnh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    Edit: Oh and they are Rough AD, with still a 24k cap per day.

Speaking as someone who believes some items SHOULD be BOP, that is LAME! Also lame is the ridiculously low numbers they're giving for the items compared to the (current) market value.
  • Options
    mystikmiamimystikmiami Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a terrible idea but what are we gonna do? people keep crying about it CCryptic will give them what they want. Theres nothing left to test.

I had an Ancient Fugitive's Necklace of Revolt -
    154 PWR
    154 CRIT
    154 REC

So I tested how much I'd get for salvaging it... Guess how much... 6,000 AD, for one of the best neck items in the game. This is possibly one of the dumbest things they could do, but there's really not much we can do about it.
  • Options
    porkchop81porkchop81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    If they want to bop then implement bop on T3 and up
  • Options
    thakogthakog Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only just started playing, but I think this is a wonderful change... It means people will run those high level dungeons for longer amounts of time to get their items. That adds longevity to the game. It's fun running for items (and frustrating when X item doesn't drop in four weeks) but not fun running for currency to play the AH game. Look at what happened to D3.
  • Options
    piterdevriesdunepiterdevriesdune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't really like it, but I think it can be made to work if:

Drop rates are increased
    The items are bound to account (that way you can transfer them to alts)

I don't think they have a property in the game that would allow for transfer though.
    I also highly prefer that only T3 items perhaps are made BoP.
    Otherwise, I can't think of a reason to do this.
  • Options
    lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's Discuss....

Congrats ... You beat the game!! :)

Now you get to wait for upcoming expansions and new content.

/End of discussion.
  • Options
    ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Let's say BoP system loot will go live.

What will be the reason for me go into the dungeons if I can't sell that items ?
    How I should Earn AD for enchants ?

The only reason why End Content Players going into Dunegons are for items -> sell items -> earn some ad -> buy better enchants.

Pet Items will be almost impossible to get like Icon for stone.

It's like Cryptic says "we dont care , we want push you to buy more staff from zen store for real money"..

Because , I just dont see the way HOW IM GONNA earn AD ? it gonna leads to :

ALL prices will go down because ppl will not have AD and nobody gonna buy it
    or All prices will go up , and only players with real money can afford for enchants.

Let's Discuss....

Play for fun, help friends get gear? When did mmorpgs become a big grind fest just to get gear? why even play the game if its not fun to play?
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Play for fun, help friends get gear? When did mmorpgs become a big grind fest just to get gear? why even play the game if its not fun to play?

Late 90s I think.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.