test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BoP loot system - So what I should do at End Game if I have best gear ? Nothing ?

capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Let's say BoP system loot will go live.

What will be the reason for me go into the dungeons if I can't sell that items ?
How I should Earn AD for enchants ?

The only reason why End Content Players going into Dunegons are for items -> sell items -> earn some ad -> buy better enchants.

Pet Items will be almost impossible to get like Icon for stone.

It's like Cryptic says "we dont care , we want push you to buy more staff from zen store for real money"..

Because , I just dont see the way HOW IM GONNA earn AD ? it gonna leads to :

ALL prices will go down because ppl will not have AD and nobody gonna buy it
or All prices will go up , and only players with real money can afford for enchants.

ps. About Salvage :

PVP armor around 5k

BEST ANCIENT staff 5-15k AD

so you have answer if you gonna "have money for enchants and staff"

Let's Discuss....
Post edited by capricornus16 on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can salvage them into AD....which is as profitable as getting the worst drop in a delves chest right now
  • omgbee5omgbee5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not really much more to discuss... you hit the nail right on the head. As a fully geared player they are pretty much telling me to play something else.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I assume you get enchant shards for free for daily invocation.
    Not to mention salvaging and STILL finding BoE items.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    I assume you get enchant shards for free for daily invocation.
    Not to mention salvaging and STILL finding BoE items.

The BOE items are the garbage ones.

So you are saying he can still log in to pray. Good one.
  • capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    You can salvage them into AD....which is as profitable as getting the worst drop in a delves chest right now

So that's mean PPL with stock Piles of AD gonan "rule the economy" , or that means AD will be mutch more worthless.

Why ? because ppl will not afford for "cosmic" prices.

You know salvage .. salvage.. and how mutch im gonna get from salvage ? i bet 50% less AD than on AH.

So AH will be dead . At least for market.

or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Purple items will be something "worth it" for new players
  • doombangusdoombangus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you buy any pieces of your top gear? Did you happen to sell any you couldn't use and buy some you need? If this was the case, you wouldn't be fully geared right now and *****ing. It leaves a longer end-game. WoW economy was extremely balanced and that was one thing I actually liked about the game. And the top tier items were BoP so it would stay that way. People can buy top tier gear with real money, that should be reserved with pride by those who play the game best/most. Way to devalue your own gear by giving to those who suck.
    edited June 2013
    doombangus wrote: »
    Did you buy any pieces of your top gear? Did you happen to sell any you couldn't use and buy some you need? If this was the case, you wouldn't be fully geared right now and *****ing. It leaves a longer end-game. WoW economy was extremely balanced and that was one thing I actually liked about the game. And the top tier items were BoP so it would stay that way. People can buy top tier gear with real money, that should be reserved with pride by those who play the game best/most. Way to devalue your own gear by giving to those who suck.

I farmed 80% of my Items

I bought Only t2 helmet.

So there will be nothing for me in this game cuze it pointless walkin anywhere
  • estatoazdestatoazd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As of now the Salvage vendor gives me 5k Rough Astral Diamonds for the Guardian Fighter PVP Chest. Still waiting to get a decent T2 piece to test.
  • omgbee5omgbee5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doombangus wrote: »

I got the vast majority of my gear as drops.

Also... I am going to laugh really hard when they put something in the zen marketplace that unbinds items. We will see where your pride is then.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So that's mean PPL with stock Piles of AD gonan "rule the economy" , or that means AD will be mutch more worthless.

Why ? because ppl will not afford for "cosmic" prices.

You know salvage .. salvage.. and how mutch im gonna get from salvage ? i bet 50% less AD than on AH.

So AH will be dead . At least for market.

or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Purple items will be something "worth it" for new players

Much less than 50%. You'll probably get around 10,000 diamonds for something that goes for a million on AH.

For something that goes for 100,00o; you'll get around 4000.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • doombangusdoombangus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, well if you hadn't bought your helm then you would still have something left to do. And you must have bought something else because a helm is not 20% of your gear.

Don't you see how it can destroy the economy when people use real money to buy higher tiered items (think Diablo 3)?
    edited June 2013
    Anyway 80% ppl at feedback sayin its bad idea.

We gonna See if Cryptic listening players or they don't care about our opinion.

Cuze if they care they will not allow BoP go through.
    edited June 2013
    The BOE items are the garbage ones.

So you are saying he can still log in to pray. Good one.

I'll lower myself to your level so you can comprehend my words:
    Enchants aren't free, can you guess where they come from? Sure you can't, let me tell you then: Dungeons! Now you can have a candy if you can repeat that with understanding.
    edited June 2013

More then 100 people play the game so your 80% os a huuge exaggeration.
  • xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    salvaging will be very low .. i cant remember where i saw it , but someone posted with a quote from a dev and he said some as low as 2000 ad :|
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Salvage, on the Preview server, per other people's reports, gives you between 2k and 10k (CN item).

So yeah, just another point in favor to the OP. This idea is bad in so many ways it's not even fun.

Edit: Oh and they are Rough AD, with still a 24k cap per day.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    More then 100 people play the game so your 80% os a huuge exaggeration.

Surveys are rarely(read: never) done on an entire population. But instead a sample of said population.

Those polls you see on TV "54% of Americans think such and such", yeah they polled maybe 1000 people.
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I farmed all of my gear myself aside from selective blues on my companion. The only thing left for me to do is improve my enchants. I suppose it would give me "something to do" if you think I should go out there and farm all the shards and rank 4 bits myself, but I much preferred running the most difficult content and generating AD from it.

I don't mind if people buy gear. Gear score doesn't actually mean much as opposed to knowing your character and the mechanics of the dungeon. Diablo 3's economy was destroyed because the currency far exceeded the rarity of the drops and mass inflation set in. The drops in Neverwinter are not rare (and how can they be, when they drop with the same stats every single time), and as far as I've seen prices have only dropped. T2 pieces for jewelry and the less desirable sets have dropped from ~125k to ~25k in the last month alone.

I would support an item being BoP if someone rolls need on it, but BoE otherwise.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But how is all this different than any other MMO with mostly-BoP drops in their endgame dungeons? You got all your BiS gear, what is there to keep doing? Nothing new there....

(of course, many of those games have other things to do besides run the dungeons/raids. Grind reputations, work on crafting, holiday events, farm items - crafting mats, rare pets, whatever - in the world, etc. Not a lot of that to do here, at the moment.)
  • skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    Let's say BoP system loot will go live.

What will be the reason for me go into the dungeons if I can't sell that items ?
    How I should Earn AD for enchants ?

The only reason why End Content Players going into Dunegons are for items -> sell items -> earn some ad -> buy better enchants.

Pet Items will be almost impossible to get like Icon for stone.

It's like Cryptic says "we dont care , we want push you to buy more staff from zen store for real money"..

Because , I just dont see the way HOW IM GONNA earn AD ? it gonna leads to :

ALL prices will go down because ppl will not have AD and nobody gonna buy it
    or All prices will go up , and only players with real money can afford for enchants.

Let's Discuss....

I'm assuming you are the type that ruins it for others by needing stuff you can't use, correct?
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    But how is all this different than any other MMO with mostly-BoP drops in their endgame dungeons? You got all your BiS gear, what is there to keep doing? Nothing new there....

(of course, many of those games have other things to do besides run the dungeons/raids. Grind reputations, work on crafting, holiday events, farm items - crafting mats, rare pets, whatever - in the world, etc. Not a lot of that to do here, at the moment.)

Exactly. In a game that's severely lacking in content, you can't leave people with nothing to do. They will simply leave.
    edited June 2013
    I'm assuming you are the type that ruins it for others by needing stuff you can't use, correct?

Why would you assume this? Just because he said that he only plays to make AD? Its not like anyone who is just out to make AD just rolls need on everything 24/7... you go by whatever the group decides. The ONLY reason I still play is to make AD and work on getting better enchantments... yet I have never just needed on anything unless it was decided that everyone was going to roll need. Grow up.
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW has fallen. I am not surprised more than half of these WoW refugees are tryint to "like" other mmorpg if they make their games exactly like WoW. BOP equipment is just the first step.

However, there are a lot of things you can do besides dungeon raids in WoW. They have fully established faction, skill and PVP systems. There are different kinds of currencies or honor equivalent things for fully geared dungeon raiders to pursue. Unfortunately this game is just starting. The profession system is not really a full blown system. The PVP systems is broken and the rewards are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that meant to be sold for AD.

Now when the new BOP systems goes live, AD will be pretty much useless other than making enchantments higher and higher. One big danger of this is it will make this game even more pay-to-win than now. Players can still buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> BOE gear and insert rank 20 gems in them to make them much much better than super-duper endgame BOP gear hardcore grinders who spend 6 months of their life to get.

This new BOP proposal won't work unless substantial improvements are introduced to make AD more useful in other aspects.
    edited June 2013

That's why Im lookin full geared party. And At the begin of the dunegon we have rule NEED on ALL. and we see zero complain.

Most of these ppl playin also to earn AD and run for AD. So where is the problem ? 5 man aprove NEED on ALL.
  • realdadiorealdadio Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Surveys are rarely(read: never) done on an entire population. But instead a sample of said population.

Those polls you see on TV "54% of Americans think such and such", yeah they polled maybe 1000 people.

You also have to take into account that this is not the only forum that the developers look at.

Unfortunately the "Vibe" of this game in the gaming community is not good. There are a ton of forums that people can got to and see what people are saying about this game......its P2W, I can buy Best in slot gear from that auction house, etc etc.

At the beginning this game was stated as being one of the best F2P games out there, now people refer to it as "Pay to winter".

Kinda sad really, I like this game and I'm sure the devs want to have this game succeed. A lot on these forums seems to be passionate about this game which is good. The devs are making this change for a reason, we can guess why but just remember that the devs are looking at other forums as well and they know the "Vibe" of this game is not good in the gaming community.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is new . Rift had zip to do end game at launch as many others. People rushed up in beta now complain of nothing to do. Make more toons, run foundries or something. Make a foundry quest..there's a good source of ADs. There will be expansions and more changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    ehh so nothing mutch :(
  • hyphenjayhyphenjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

caring and spoiling are two different things
  • zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Making BOP items with lack of content is a bad idea. Period.
    If they want to make more money, this is not the way.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    Rift had zip to do end game at launch as many others.

Wha...? RIFT had epic versions of each dungeon at launch (and the bosses actually were challenging and fun - some of them gained more skills in epic, etc., wasn't just add spam like every boss here). Also had Greenscale raid (which my guild server firsted and took about a month to do so - he was hard at the time).

To the point, the only things I could upgrade would be enchants and runestones - and it's going to take a lot more than 10k AD per item to get anywhere close to a rank 9.

I said this in another thread, but most/all of these items should have been BoP in the first place. Devs ****ed up by not doing so from the start, and now they're ****ing up again, like it or not.

Best solution is the need = bop, greed = boe.