test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Finally had a chance to do some PVP post patch as a Sentinel GWF...

asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Gotta say, it's a huge improvement.

Restoring Strike + Unstoppable + PVP potions = great lulz on capture points.

You can now hold off a 3v1 with ease until your team arrives as back up. 2v1's are almost a sure win vs your average players.

Kudos Cryptic/PWE I truly enjoy playing my class in PVP again. Best part is, you don't have to rely on a knockdown focused build anymore.

Have fun everyone!

Edit: I use the 30% reduced CC / Deflection Runspeed passives as well as Takedown/Leap/Restoring Strike for encounters and Sure Strike/WMS for At-Wills.
Post edited by asdfasdfgf on

Comments

• Options
    fouinardofouinardo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Enjoy your PVP actual god-mod while it lasts, the GWF is going to be the next TR. =)
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you're holding your breath for a GWF nerf, you are going to be waiting a VERY long time.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't slot WM with the Sentinel feat?
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    38k hp GWFs with Greater Tenebrous enchants are balanced. Nothing to complain about here.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    WMS is slotted.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    Yeah nice and balanced...
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    True, I also run a sentinel gwf and its pretty funny right now how hard we are to kill.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was in a battle with one of these. I was playing my Regen Cleric and the battle was going on in a base for a good 5 minutes before we both got tired and walked away.
  • Options
    jrelthewise2jrelthewise2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    WMS is slotted.

He said WM, as in Weapon Master passive. The Sentinel feat that lets this grant 15% deflect (3% per stack) as well as a bonus 5 AC takes this passive from fantastic to godlike. Steel Grace is worthless when we can break CC with unstoppable.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Steel Grace is worthless. Period.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sentinel is amazing in PvP after the patch.

I am 1v2ing, and 1v3ing some flags. And 1v1 is a joke most of the time as you reduce so much incoming damage with Deflection, heal a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load w/Unstoppable + PvP gear, and still hit like a truck.

Good times baby, good times! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    When you're stat capped, crit isn't nearly as valuable as 30% reduced CC. Unstoppable doesn't have a 100% up-time.
  • Options
    tazokhtazokh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sentinel GWF is so useless in PvE...i just got out dps'd by a fresh lvl 60 CW with 8.2kGS and i had 11.6kGS >.>...my team just hate on me the whole time..was sad.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tazokh wrote: »
    sentinel GWF is so useless in PvE...i just got out dps'd by a fresh lvl 60 CW with 8.2kGS and i had 11.6kGS >.>...my team just hate on me the whole time..was sad.
    Duh? Sentinel is a tank spec, why are you surprised with low DPS?
    etherealj wrote: »
    38k hp GWFs with Greater Tenebrous enchants are balanced. Nothing to complain about here.
    It's balanced because all classes have the same base HP
    Which is ridiculous.
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When you're stat capped, crit isn't nearly as valuable as 30% reduced CC. Unstoppable doesn't have a 100% up-time.

10% crit AND 15% deflect (with the feat). The average sentinel build that took the 5% deflect feat, slot bravery (15%) and weapon master with the feat (15%) would have at least 35% deflect without deflect on gear.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Steel Grace needs to be changed 10/20/30% chance (rank 3) to be immune to CC for 3 seconds.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sentinel is amazing in PvP after the patch.

I am 1v2ing, and 1v3ing some flags. And 1v1 is a joke most of the time as you reduce so much incoming damage with Deflection, heal a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load w/Unstoppable + PvP gear, and still hit like a truck.

Good times baby, good times! :D

LOL. pvp gear :D CW with tenebr can burn u while ur in unstoppable from 50% to 0 in about 3 seconds :D U just haven't met TR\CW with tenes.... all pro players are TR|CW... gwf is for fun... if u wanna be one of the big boys gwf is not the way to go.

My 13k GS\4 tenebr gwf can burn pugs with 9k gs like nothing.. But as soon as u encounter same geared tr\cw ur in trouble.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    CW with tenebr can burn u while ur in unstoppable from 50% to 0 in about 3 seconds :D
    Not with Damage mitigation, Defense, and Deflection with a little Regen/Unstoppable Temp HPs/Healing thrown in.
    But as soon as u encounter same geared tr\cw ur in trouble.
    I have, and I have lived. You seem to be forgetting that Sentinel build has a great deal of Deflect/Defense capabilities... Is it easy? No, but definitely doable. The TR/CW are not auto win. The only 'auto win' I've seen is the Stunlock Destroyer spec, and even that needs to be played flawlessly.

My statement about the 'PvP' gear was that even with low gear the Sentinel build was doing extremely well, which obviously only increases when you increase gear/enchants/etc.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Not with Damage mitigation, Defense, and Deflection with a little Regen/Unstoppable Temp HPs/Healing thrown in.

I have, and I have lived. You seem to be forgetting that Sentinel build has a great deal of Deflect/Defense capabilities... Is it easy? No, but definitely doable. The TR/CW are not auto win. The only 'auto win' I've seen is the Stunlock Destroyer spec, and even that needs to be played flawlessly.

My statement about the 'PvP' gear was that even with low gear the Sentinel build was doing extremely well, which obviously only increases when you increase gear/enchants/etc.

By 'same gear' I meant ancient\AoW2Vig2\7 greater teneb vs ancient\Weaver\7 teneb and not ur pvp vendor stuff. Pvp gear gwf vs pvp gear cw is good, u can knock his socks off pretty easy if he's a usual dumbass who doesn't dodge our encounters.

But when ur loaded and CW is loaded u die before u can land a single encounter on him because as soon as he procs Eye of the storm he will **** u no matter unstoppable or not.

If u have have soulforged sloted u will get into melee and then fail to land every single encounter because pro CW will dodge them all no matter how u try(their animations are too slow).

As i said before - gwf is fun class to play that's for sure but he is no where near the big boys league. Shame rly.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    As i said before - gwf is fun class to play that's for sure but he is no where near the big boys league. Shame rly.
    And I still disagree mi amigo... I have an Instigator build at 12k gear score, has Greater Plague Fire, 2x Greater Tenebrous, Rank 8 Runestones in everything, Ioun Stone, 4k Power, 3k Crit, 3k Recovery, 2k3 Arm Pen, 2x AoW/VW armor set, Ancient Sword/Knot, so I know all about taking top end gear scores versus each other.

Edit: Yes I know Ioun Stone doesn't go in PvP, just clarifying his full stats. ;)

My, currently 10k, PvP geared Sentinel build is doing better overall then my 12k guy, simply based on the fact that Sentinel heals/deflects so much damage while still doing well. When he is fully tricked out it will get even more heinous. I'm saying, from experience, that PvP Sentinel is a legit build. Try it out, and/or face it, with the max available... You will be surprised at it's viability, I promise. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And I still disagree mi amigo... I have an Instigator build at 12k gear score, has Greater Plague Fire, 2x Greater Tenebrous, Rank 8 Runestones in everything, Ioun Stone, 4k Power, 3k Crit, 3k Recovery, 2k3 Arm Pen, 2x AoW/VW armor set, Ancient Sword/Knot, so I know all about taking top end gear scores versus each other.

Edit: Yes I know Ioun Stone doesn't go in PvP, just clarifying his full stats. ;)

My, currently 10k, PvP geared Sentinel build is doing better overall then my 12k guy, simply based on the fact that Sentinel heals/deflects so much damage while still doing well. When he is fully tricked out it will get even more heinous. I'm saying, from experience, that PvP Sentinel is a legit build. Try it out, and/or face it, with the max available... You will be surprised at it's viability, I promise. :)

Maybe that is true but I reroled some time ago from my gwf to CW. All I have to do it press 4 buttons and someone dies....feels like god mode after gwf. Maybe will revisit gwf later on after ranger\warlock release cause I enjoyed playing GWF but when I make a premade guild pvp group I always felt like 1 more cw\tr\gf would be much better for the group.

• Options
    adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any class stacking greater tenebrous and hp is effective, and anyone who is able to do it right now will be godly regardless of class,but quite a few people haven't dropped 6m+ in pvp gear.

However that said you can be extremely effective as a Sentinel now, and doesn't take much. In 4 pc PvP gear and crit/arp blues and epics everywhere else your tanky as hell and can do enough damage to kill. Sure strike hits pretty good when fully buffed, especially when you debuff with WMS, and the reduced cds on encounters make a huge difference. In fact I have sat on nodes with a wizard free casting on me till it caps multiple times, then gone after that said wizard and killed him... or /emote dancesnake'd. W/L since patch Pugging (yes pugs) is 42/4, and not saying that is entirely me, but a GWF playing the disrupter role and solo pulling 2,3,4.. the whole **** tean to one node make the other 4s job a lot easier on the 2 others.

Currently I run 2pc titan and 2 pc pvp, Crit/arp/power everywhere else, lesser tenebrous in offensive, lesser plaguefire, (still need to get a lesser soulforge or negation). My health is at 31k which even with lesser adds quite a bit of damage. Still even lesser tenebrous can be expensive for a lot of people for pvp (currently 50kish a pop x6 slots), but using ArP enchants can be just as effective if played right.
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I can imagine the tears from those who spent millions on greater tenebrous when the devs actually get to nerfing it, just like they did to plaguefire. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    I can imagine the tears from those who spent millions on greater tenebrous when the devs actually get to nerfing it, just like they did to plaguefire. :)

Thing is if I have 10mil to spend on pvp chants that means I have a lot more left over and paying 10 mil to smash ppl in pvp is worth it.

• Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yaaaa that's what bothers me. People are spending the time and energy to get certain things, because let's face it, getting all those Tenebrous, and getting the Plaguefire is not exactly easy, especially now with the exploits being squashed, or people not knowing them. They keep nerfing everything and I don't know, it just feels not as fun. What's next? Nerfing the infinite stealth mode because people decided to sacrifice ability score points into Int?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    adhal81 wrote: »
    However that said you can be extremely effective as a Sentinel now, and doesn't take much.
    You sir, are correct. :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Since when do 'good' GWF's even aim for the CW? I'm too busy 123'ing your teams clerics and rogues.

I'm not going to run head on into a CW just to get snared/repelled.

LoS is your friend.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    los is your friend.
    100% truth.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    huskarrrhuskarrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since when do 'good' GWF's even aim for the CW? I'm too busy 123'ing your teams clerics and rogues.

I'm not going to run head on into a CW just to get snared/repelled.

LoS is your friend.
    what is LoS?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Line of sight. They can't hit you if they can't see you.