What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Loot Becoming BoP Next Patch!

13»

Comments

• etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    For MMO's, BoP is a must; for end-game gear.

Why Cryptic cannot just make whatever the current top end tier bop and make everything else BoE I have no idea.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Why Cryptic cannot just make whatever the current top end tier bop and make everything else BoE I have no idea.

Because it doesn't make enough $$$ in the short term.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

This sounds like a good compromise. Also make sure that any gear won on a NEED roll becomes permanently bound and cannot be sold to vendors (or perhaps for 1 copper ;)) and the system would work very well.
  • aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Playing this game since start of open-beta and i'm tired of these lame trash filled dungeons, bosses included. Keep getting T1 loot on T2 dungeons after all the hassle of plowing through them, it's a very unrewarding chore-fest already and now this BoP? Yay thanks! :rolleyes:
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the best news I have ever heard about this game.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aselia669 wrote: »
    Playing this game since start of open-beta and i'm tired of these lame trash filled dungeons, bosses included. Keep getting T1 loot on T2 dungeons after all the hassle of plowing through them, it's a very unrewarding chore-fest already and now this BoP? Yay thanks! :rolleyes:

Obviously they will increase the drop chance now that it's going to be BoP. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • n0fxer#8270 n0fxer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To those who are crying doom, you can safely blame those who Needed everything in a run as "they needed the AD more than you needed the gear". Solution provided. Is it the most elegant solution? Doubtful. But right now, it is what it is.

Edit: I think that keeping a class-specific lockout for Need would have been better in the long run while keeping stuff BoE.. so then it would only be one to two others of the same class you would have to roll against instead of the party. But that's just me.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow.. after reading this thread I have only a few comments. First.. from some of these people I couldn't understand anything they said.. spelling and phrasing is horrible. Second.. most of these assclowns wouldn't last ten minutes in my table-top game.. they would still be whining about how their ring of god power should protect them from the dragon's breath.... all the while, the thief in the group would be passing me notes (saying they want to loot the fried corpse when no one else is looking).

Have you people forgotten that this is a game? (I'm speaking of the player, not the company) Just try to play to have fun, not earn a living. The fun is in the journey, not the destination.

Have you people forgotten that this is a game? (At Cryptic, not the players).. you people have lost your minds if you think this business model is going to work. Just build a great game and the money will come... quit trying to wring every last penny out of this product... just get your product to work, and the money will take care of itself. As an added note.. this game is really not very good at all.. your whole concept seems extremely weak imho.. the one part of this product that is truly unique and interesting .. you seem to have just slapped on your money-making scheme... You really should start paying attention to it or you will lose the one thing that might save this boondoggle.. THE FOUNDRY.

Thank you.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itscad wrote: »
    From NeverwinterPreviewShard patch notes:

Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

Predicted results:
    -less people running dungeons because gear can't be sold on AH.
    -increased queue times as a result.
    -astral diamonds becoming worthless as you can no longer save up to buy the gear you want.
    -current gear on AH will skyrocket in value as they will remain BoE.
    -new level 60s will get destroyed in PvP against fully geared opponents.
    -Game dies a horrible agonising death?

Boe, Bop change isn't the only thing killing this game, it just happens to be the biggest change right now. The game has a lot of bugs that still need to be dealt with before the 20th. With the recent patch that was implemented they introduced more issues for the Cw class then what they were dealing with before.

They still have a horrible tank/healer design for end game dungeon raiding, their is very little to be offered in the way of exploration in this game. Yeah, the recent announcement to change boe to bop is but one of many issues this game has going wrong. In a market where Mmo's come and go daily, it's good to see the developers long term goals for this product was to set their sites on mediocrity and eventual failure.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Obviously? And what exactly are you basing that statement on? There has been nothing mentioned, obvious or not, about any change to the drop rate.

No, as one who has spent a lot of time with Cryptic and is fairly familiar with their methods. Their typical reaction is to nerf hard, and when in doubt nerf harder. There is no indication, what so ever, of the drop rate increasing. Make no mistake this is a loot nerf. The only obvious thing here is they feel there is to much loot in the game. And this is how they expect to fix that.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

The echo in this game is getting louder, :eek:
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    Wow.. after reading this thread I have only a few comments. First.. from some of these people I couldn't understand anything they said.. spelling and phrasing is horrible. Second.. most of these assclowns wouldn't last ten minutes in my table-top game.. they would still be whining about how their ring of god power should protect them from the dragon's breath.... all the while, the thief in the group would be passing me notes (saying they want to loot the fried corpse when no one else is looking).

Try not to flame someones spelling or grammar. When you have obviously failed to understand that a period only needs one dot.
  • alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a test of the new Loot system on the Preview Server. They have even advertized it to gather comments on the new system. If you really cared about this, you'd go, play on the Preview Server, and comment on the Preview Forums. You're voices will be heard, and they have proven very open to players input.
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Obviously? And what exactly are you basing that statement on? There has been nothing mentioned, obvious or not, about any change to the drop rate.

No, as one who has spent a lot of time with Cryptic and is fairly familiar with their methods. Their typical reaction is to nerf hard, and when in doubt nerf harder. There is no indication, what so ever, of the drop rate increasing. Make no mistake this is a loot nerf. The only obvious thing here is they feel there is to much loot in the game. And this is how they expect to fix that.

It's cryptics way of trying to get more players to use the cash shop, It's a plan that will inevitably backfire on them. If there is No need for Ad (which players were using to buy Boe epics off the ah) then why the hell would players use the zen store now? There were probably more players using the zen store to transfer from zen to Ad so they could buy the gear then there were players using the zen store for other items. I know once I bought the items I wanted from the zen store, the only time I used it was to pick up a few zen to transfer over to Ad to be used in the Ah.

This is yet another change in a long list of changes too this game thats going to help its downward spiral even faster.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    It's cryptics way of trying to get more players to use the cash shop, It's a plan that will inevitably backfire on them. If there is No need for Ad (which players were using to buy Boe epics off the ah) then why the hell would players use the zen store now? There were probably more players using the zen store to transfer from zen to Ad so they could buy the gear then there were players using the zen store for other items. I know once I bought the items I wanted from the zen store, the only time I used it was to pick up a few zen to transfer over to Ad to be used in the Ah.

This is yet another change in a long list of changes too this game thats going to help its downward spiral even faster.

That is why this seems such a backwards move. People were willing to buy AD to buy gear. The entire system seemed to be based around that very thought. It is the only reason to make the AH run on AD and not gold. You know, like how it works on every other Cyptic game.

So by removing the largest draw from the AH, the gear. They have removed the largest motivator for buying AD. Beyond getting a cat, or a few knicknacks and some Zen store stuff. There is little additional reason to keep farming AD. I have piles of the equivalent of AD in other Cryptic games just sitting useless, because over time ive bought everything Ive wanted there. I have no further need for it. I also have no further need to log on to those games as well.
  • zalcor69zalcor69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic, if you truly care about your playerbase please for the love of god reconsider this.
  • xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    They will make you pay to unbind it from you :/ ... simple
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That is why this seems such a backwards move. People were willing to buy AD to buy gear. The entire system seemed to be based around that very thought. It is the only reason to make the AH run on AD and not gold. You know, like how it works on every other Cyptic game.

So by removing the largest draw from the AH, the gear. They have removed the largest motivator for buying AD. Beyond getting a cat, or a few knicknacks and some Zen store stuff. There is little additional reason to keep farming AD. I have piles of the equivalent of AD in other Cryptic games just sitting useless, because over time ive bought everything Ive wanted there. I have no further need for it. I also have no further need to log on to those games as well.

If their aim is to make farming AD and converting it to Zen vastly inferior to just dropping $20 in the Store, then they're going to succeed.

More $ + Less server load = happy developer.

If people bother to do it.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I say obvious because that's what I would expect to happen. I base that statement on common sense. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try not to flame someones spelling or grammar. When you have obviously failed to understand that a period only needs one dot.

Way constructive comment. I was only pointing out that I could not understand some of these posts; either because of the poor spelling (typos?) and grammer or because of all the abbreviations and acronyms. But thanks for your input. From now on, I will not use the commonly accepted literary device used to infer a pause in a conversation or dialogue. I will simply use a period.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For MMO's, BoP is a must; for end-game gear.

Why? Why is this some cast-in-stone, no-other-idea-can-ever-be-considered law?
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    itscad wrote: »
    From NeverwinterPreviewShard patch notes:

Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

Predicted results:
    -less people running dungeons because gear can't be sold on AH.
    -increased queue times as a result.
    -astral diamonds becoming worthless as you can no longer save up to buy the gear you want.
    -current gear on AH will skyrocket in value as they will remain BoE.
    -new level 60s will get destroyed in PvP against fully geared opponents.
    -Game dies a horrible agonising death?

I predict players will come to the forums and whine, but ultimately play the game anyways and bend over and take it.
    People when pushed these days just put up with it. They are push overs. Also loot probably isn't the big reason people don't do the dungeons, it's the balancing act the company is going through. People need time to relearn the skills, and with 1 free respect? You better get it down right or it's gonna cost you cash.
    edited June 2013
    I will not use the commonly accepted literary device used to infer a pause in a conversation or dialogue. I will simply use a period.

No, a period is for the end of a statement. What you described already exists, it is called a comma. :p
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    No, you will quite it fast. But since its F2P, 10 new players will come in your place. They will quit as well and new players will join.
    Thats how F2P games work. You either enjoy it and play hardcore/invest money or quit for another.

And the people who quit the game trash it to anyone who will listen. It's not 10 that come in a quitters place, it's 10 that stay away.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Salvaging T1 gear 2-5k ad / piece ( already confirmed ) idk about T2 gear yet but if it is something among the lines of 10k ad at max ..well let's say it sounds pretty bad for the players that haven't stockpiled tons of AD by now aka 90% of the playerbase . Now lets see atm you can sell some of the T2 stuff for like 400-500k ad a pop , after the patch buying a stone with AD converted to zen or a cat will be impossible for the casual players .

Mind you the casual players are the main reason most of the MMORPGs even exsist .
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP is not going to be good for this game, it will kill the AH except for buying the occasional green or blue item. I bought a good level 49 very rare set for my GF just because i wasn't able to gear well enough for my level with loot drops, even rare items weren't cutting it.

I think what needs to be done is just have everything go Round Robin, everyone gets to take turns on items, it would cut all of the people ninja looting very rare items, very rare's would be spread among more people, therefore more people selling these items on the AH as long as they're running Dungeons.

The only caveat to the BoP should be the gear bought with seals, even then, with the seals not very common, especially the drake and unicorn (or is it pegasus?) as T2 and T1 epic gear currency, which are exceedingly hard to get many of, you could just make it even slightly harder to get those seals and still make Seal gear non-BoP.
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    And the people who quit the game trash it to anyone who will listen. It's not 10 that come in a quitters place, it's 10 that stay away.

That's a good point. You look around the web right now and NW's word of mouth is pretty poor thanks to all the mass exploits, sluggish response towards the exploits, and how their 'fixes' just seem to open up even easier ways around them (I laughed when I saw the video for the new Castle Never 'fast' run. Now you can get ALL the bosses with only 2 trash pulls.Good work team!)

Another wave of players going out there badmouthing is going to have an effect, even though the normal forum rallying cry seems to be 'You won't be missed'. It's obviously not a reason to change/not change things, but I do find it interesting people always seem to brush aside that kind of stuff unless it's a glowing review or rating that helps their argument.