test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BoP gear will kill f2p and 200$ or less players

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
close thread
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xrel1xxrel1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    I agree, I am done buying Zen until they retract this BoP nonsense. Hopefully my wallet speaks loud enough.
  • Options
    planartardsplanartards Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Gear actually meaning something and taking effort to acquire? Yep, game is dead.
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
    Don't be a fool, Open Beta with working cash shop=Live Release
  • Options
    bastadbastad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the changes. They are good for the game.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bastad wrote: »
    I love the changes. They are good for the game.

It will be good for the egos of the "elite" players, who will now be able to convince themselves that all the casual players and the "less competent" ones will just be sitting around envying them.

In reality, what will happen is that the casuals will leave, once they realize that the game is no longer friendly to them at lvl 60 - so the "elite" players will just have to compete against each other. Good for them....but good for the game? I think not.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've always played MMO's with a BoP system and was quite confused at the BoE system in neverwinter but soon came to love it. Running dungeons is now profitable even if you don't need a single item from the dungeon. Hate one dungeon and love the other? Run the one you love, sell the spoils and buy the loot from the one you hate.

This gives you so much customization in how you obtain your gear. For a free to play game, where the ingame economy is the most important thing of all, cryptic is shooting themselves in the foot with this change. People will be buying a lot less zen when you limit what you can spend zen on.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh gawd you may have to actually EARN your gear now? how dare they?!
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh gawd you may have to actually EARN your gear now? how dare they?!

You always had to earn your gear. It's not like the gear sold on the auction house is free. You still have to run dungeons to get the money to buy the gear in the auction house, it's just that you see progress regardless of whether your item drops or not. You could run the same dungeon 40 times without seeing your item drops. At least you could sell the leftover loot and buy it now instead of running a dungeon which has a vastly inflated loot-table in accordance with the item you want to see.
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Playing this game where the gear you need to be able to play lvl 60 "content" is looted and rare and soon to be BoP really makes me miss SWG where you could get the best gear crafted by other players, almost nothing was bound ever, and most of the best loot was stuff that crafters could make into enhanced weapons and armour.
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    have to agree the end game is already unfriendly to casual players cuz the devs have no imagination whatsoever more and more adds every dungeon don't stand still for 1 sec or ur toast. Beyond that it will break the economy
  • Options
    ruinalruinal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Absolutely no point to doing anything if the loot will be bop, because once you've got the 'best' items for your class, why bother ever running that dungeon again. Horrible change.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I dont understand this mentality. Lets look at something like..WoW. Their Tiered gear is BOP, best items in the game within reason andis still BOP.

And why run the dungeon after you have the best gear?I dunno how about for fun?
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is to encourage people buy zen more.and you are really naive if you think everyone going have "earn" their gear now.remember,gear can be obtain outside of dungeons.i doubt dungeon gear will even end up being best gear you get after it's all said and done.pwe is not dumb enough not give zen chargers options get end game gear besides dungeon runs.

so casual players who charge will be fine.the f2p players are ones going suffer from trying scrap up enough AD to buy cash shop items that improve your gear or stats.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I dont understand this mentality. Lets look at something like..WoW. Their Tiered gear is BOP, best items in the game within reason andis still BOP.

The difference is that wow has a ton of content, the content is properly balanced (I.E people don't automatically kick people of a certain class because the current composition isn't "perfect") and finally, the loot tables in this game are horrendous. I did FH 4 times yesterday and all he dropped were those rings, not boots ONCE. Add to the fact that there's 5 classes and 3 sets that means there's a total of 15 different boots.

If you wanted a specific pair of boots then you'd probably have to run it 100 times. This evens out because you can sell the gear you get from each run and eventually you can just buy the boots.

It's painfully obvious that the current loot-system is balanced for a BoE game, not a BoP game. They can't just suddenly make everything BoP, a lot more needs to change, more specifically the loot (preferably more of it).
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013

you know there was world chat and trade channels were the top guilds would end up auctioning off BOP gear still not picked up right? and these hard core raiders make so much dam gold like 15-30mins of raiding and auctioning off vs farming normal content legitly would takes weeks or months?

Ex-EQ2 Raider here so i'v seen this scenario on BOTH ends, this kind of arrangement will just keep the high ups higher while milking the casual's for there time and effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Just when I thought they were finally getting on the right track with this patch, they turn around and do something stupid again.

Terrible change. The march toward mediocrity continues for Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Gear actually meaning something and taking effort to acquire? Yep, game is dead.

My issue is the absurd amount of work it will take to turn AD into zen for store items.

Currently it costs 29 CN weapons to get 1 blue bag of holding. 29!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    It will be good for the egos of the "elite" players, who will now be able to convince themselves that all the casual players and the "less competent" ones will just be sitting around envying them.

In reality, what will happen is that the casuals will leave, once they realize that the game is no longer friendly to them at lvl 60 - so the "elite" players will just have to compete against each other. Good for them....but good for the game? I think not.

Yes ... very true

for those who like BoP, love it very much, lets rollback to day one AFTER the change done, everyone equal on gathering the gears, shall we?
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    if BoP is in place all should be rolled back to everyone is on the same ground economy speaking, and well also in the same matter i think the need change was good cause it really help casual players but this other change is to much now no casual players would want to play cause a lot of the good equip will be imposible to buy in the AH :S ridiculous i was thinking on buying some zen but i will wait till the economy suffer the change to do that i think they will destroy this game completely for Casuals
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Farm hard now and sit on your AD til the value skyrockets
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    this is to encourage people buy zen more.and you are really naive if you think everyone going have "earn" their gear now.remember,gear can be obtain outside of dungeons.i doubt dungeon gear will even end up being best gear you get after it's all said and done.pwe is not dumb enough not give zen chargers options get end game gear besides dungeon runs.

so casual players who charge will be fine.the f2p players are ones going suffer from trying scrap up enough AD to buy cash shop items that improve your gear or stats.

I read this and re-read it, Yeah in Coherent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> made no sense. I get the (English is not my first language) but a little more effort when writing something out of the forums so as to make it understandable would be great.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bananskrue wrote: »
    The difference is that wow has a ton of content, the content is properly balanced (I.E people don't automatically kick people of a certain class because the current composition isn't "perfect") and finally, the loot tables in this game are horrendous. I did FH 4 times yesterday and all he dropped were those rings, not boots ONCE. Add to the fact that there's 5 classes and 3 sets that means there's a total of 15 different boots.

If you wanted a specific pair of boots then you'd probably have to run it 100 times. This evens out because you can sell the gear you get from each run and eventually you can just buy the boots.

It's painfully obvious that the current loot-system is balanced for a BoE game, not a BoP game. They can't just suddenly make everything BoP, a lot more needs to change, more specifically the loot (preferably more of it).

Agree with this 100%, it's as bad as Cryptic taking the (Holy Trinity) model used in Mmo's, trying to apply it too this game and then going in a more Hack-N-slash direction. If Cryptic's goal was earning the record for quickest failed launch of an mmo title, then they are on the right patch.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The change protects Zen store items. If most loot is BoP, there will not be much zen->AD exchanging and in turn the price for AD-> Zen will remain high.

The end result of this change makes it less likely you will get new zen store items by farming in game.
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh gawd you may have to actually earn your gear now? How dare they?!

+1 :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »

I would like the option to buy a piece if I get tired of farming the boss who drops it and never seeing it. Just saying.
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    earning stuff and being blocked from stuff are 2 entirely different things......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's the same failed model Blizzards been using for a very long time. It's contributed to a much bigger split between the community than anything else that's been introduced in that Mmo. It keeps the haves on top and the have nots on the bottom, which inevitably ruins any form of community in an mmo.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    runalogarunaloga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unintelligent people supporting unintelligent people. It's a beautiful thing isn't it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I agree +1 for kids who need a way to show their superiority over other players in a video game world. Now if only I could take my +8 sword of slaying to my job and use that as my leverage to move up the company ladder.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »

You do realize that it's the "casuals" that usually carry a game financially?

It's the same business model as a gym, a high percentage of members will maybe make ten to fifteen visits a year to the gym but pay for the whole year. Those customers are low maintenance and high profit. It's the 'Hardcore" that are high maintenance, keeping them happy is what costs gyms...and game companies boatloads of money.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    BoP, BoE, don't like both but prefering BoE. Where's the reason to go on playing if you got almost every item already you like? I'm currently mostly farming Dungeons for better enchants, respecs, 2nd char and fun. What will be left? The last part. Starting a new char? Have fun farming all the dungeons again and again and again even though you know all of them very well - thats what buying stuff is for (and farming with another char)

Would like Kal/RO like gear behaviour back. Actually RARE drops (those stuff nowadays is far away from beeing rare or very rare) but therefore it isn't bound at all. Possible to resell later if you got better equip, giving it to your new chars, guild mates or friends or even just borrow it to them. Liked that..
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]