test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Loot Becoming BoP Next Patch!

itscaditscad Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
From NeverwinterPreviewShard patch notes:

Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

Predicted results:
-less people running dungeons because gear can't be sold on AH.
-increased queue times as a result.
-astral diamonds becoming worthless as you can no longer save up to buy the gear you want.
-current gear on AH will skyrocket in value as they will remain BoE.
-new level 60s will get destroyed in PvP against fully geared opponents.
-Game dies a horrible agonising death?
Post edited by itscad on

Comments

• Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itscad wrote: »

Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

Predicted results:
    -astral diamonds becoming worthless as you can no longer save up to buy the gear you want.

This is how gear should have worked from the start. Being able to buy nearly ALL your end game gear was pathetic.

Complete idiots running around with a GS 9200+ and not having a single clue how to play their class.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013

Predicted results:

players will ONLY play dungeons on DD more and more
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    players will ONLY play dungeons on DD more and more

People already do this. The only people this will affect is new players. Everyone who has been playing has already farmed the gear they want and have just been selling the rest of the gear they have gotten to all the bads who just go to the AH and buy all their gear rather then earn it.
  • Options
    desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    errant_doomsayers.jpg
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

This is good for people with lots of alts, because now they can enjoy doing the same things over and over with all characters that need gear.

This is a very good way to extend content without it having a negative impact on a good game that is good.

Everyone who can think of why this could be bad should just learn2play.

There is no reason to ever uninstall this game cause it does not take up much space. When I look at my computer where my Neverwinter files are, it looks like I do not even have it installed, because that is how much space this good game takes up on my computer.

Neverwinter 100 years strong! Cryptic WOOO!
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Go buy your T2 items now instead. You should realise by now that complaining is useless as the patch will still go ahead anyway. In Dragon server, some intelligent schemer bought all the BoE DC armors for Beacon and Grand Templar (and possibly some other cheap T2 stuff), which used to average cost 15k AD JUST A DAY AGO. Now the cheapest is 100k AD. I can imagine after the patch these items' price will skyrocket, and the schemer will profit from all these.

Edit : just edit for the lol, since epic items are really BOP now, 3 months after this thread. Doomsayers win after all, too bad all had left and no one is here to gloat.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    stunnersolostunnersolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

This is good for people with lots of alts, because now they can enjoy doing the same things over and over with all characters that need gear.

This is a very good way to extend content without it having a negative impact on a good game that is good.

There is no reason to ever uninstall this game cause it does not take up much space. When I look at my computer where my Neverwinter files are, it looks like I do not even have it installed, because that is how much space this good game takes up on my computer.

I don't normally post but to the guy about never winter taking no space? What where you on when you typed this? And my question has nothing to do with it taking any space. But I am not sure you backed up your argument enough by just saying "When I look at where my files are it looks like i do not even have it installed?"
    Clearly you see the files so it looks like it is installed??
    I am not trying to flame but really people??? Just take a step back before blurting randomness lol
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    I don't like this. At all. One of the nice things about non-bound gear is that even if I get something I don't want, I can sell it/trade it for something I do want. Makes the dungeon not a waste of time.
  • Options
    boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So how exactly are we supposed to make AD now? It was already maddening enough to run Frozen Heart 41 times, during DD event and still have yet to see my T2 piece. Luckily, I was able to sell the garbage gear I did get and was able to buy the piece from the AH. Love how T1 items still drop from T2 chests and how 1 set is still superior to the other 2, making the chances of you actually get what you need astonishingly small. Where did they pick up these Devs at? Because this game is being run like they have a bunch of amateurs at the helm.
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> change is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Wtf. Really. Who asked for that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?!?!
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -Add new open world zone
    -Add purple world drops that can be traded and sold on the AH.
    -Raise Level cap to 65
    -Add dragonkin, diva, and genesi as playable races
    -Buy a new forklift to move all the cash people throw at them
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    People already do this. The only people this will affect is new players. Everyone who has been playing has already farmed the gear they want and have just been selling the rest of the gear they have gotten to all the bads who just go to the AH and buy all their gear rather then earn it.

yea, new player will go all grind ... thats not really a good sign :(
    at least they need to remove or change the DD current terms.
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have lots of alts and quite a few of those instances I never, ever, want to see again. (Spellplague, I'm looking at you.)

However, I don't think it will be as drastic as people think it will be. This is probably a change to stop things like the Castle Never exploiting, so you don't have people farming end-game weapon sets and plastering them all over the AH. I'm sure there will still be plenty of epics and tier sets available for sale/purchase come patch time.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eh Im not digging the bound gear thing either. At the least if you got something you didnt want or need. Could at least sell it. With it bound, its not even worth selling to a vendor.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

You sound the type of person who has too much time on their hands. People like to have fun.

They dont want to grind grind grind and live with RNG.

BOP will just drive most people away.

Most time i see people say LRN2 play they usually cant.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People seem to assume its all the gear when it clearly say select pieces. There will still be pieces that drop that can be sold. It just means if the select pieces are BIS new players will buy the off pieces that currently clutter the AH unsold and then run their content to get BIS.

I'm all for this if it is true. But I'll wait and see just how much is made BOP.
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a lazy way to force players into a type of play rather than fix any of the many problems in dungeons boring boss fights, endless trash, exploiting and glitching. The economy is already shot to hell in a leaky boat and this won't help it. It'll devalue AD in game making it's only real use converting to Zen...
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Eh, thanks to all the exploiters, glitchers and ninja-looters I guess?

They are the reason we can't have nice things. Oh well, we will live.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I only do dungeons now so that I can acquire drops to sell in order to get mounts, and dyes, and enchants. If there is no way for me to make astral diamonds aside from feeding zen into the game.. then uh.. What is the point?
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I only do dungeons now so that I can acquire drops to sell in order to get mounts, and dyes, and enchants. If there is no way for me to make astral diamonds aside from feeding zen into the game.. then uh.. What is the point?

Break out the wallet and buy Zen. <chuckles>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny to see which kind of players complain here. It's not those who still really need gear. It's not the new ones. It's those that are already geared out, people who probably have millions of AD on their bank accounts. Those who can afford to spend several millions of AD on their alts.

Just sell enchantments instead. With less AD going to gear, prices will rise, and T2 enchantments are still a valuable commodity that will probably not be BoP (that would be pretty stupid and potentiall harm Zen sales).

This change doesn't change a lot for fresh 60s - unless big spenders, they cannot afford T2 gear anyway, and T1 dungeons are easy enough to conquer.
  • Options
    notarimusnotarimus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all, lets explain what i thimk about this game. I was have TR, swash 4/4 , pyro ring 2/2, grand neck and belt, 2 murderous weapons, GS 10.5 + stone 25 lvl and 2 milions AD. I make around 100 t2 dungeon, ONLY once drop TR gear from last boss (swash boots, not win the roll). THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!! Next, from the chest, when is DD, 5 swash (4 helmet and 1 boots), 4-5 master-sinister t2 and all other is belt and rings, cost nothing. Without DD is waste of time to do dungeons. Before 2 days, i wasnt what to do, walk around Enclave and drink beer. After 5-6 beers was starting to buy keys for nightmare box. I open 60 BOXES !!!! Spend around 1.3 milions, and NOTHING value, 1 dragon egg , 4-5 idols, all other trash. 60 BOXES !!! WTF. So , i delete mine character and left the game (never will return). This game is broken for me. Cheers !
  • Options
    warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    You mean instead of having a virtual economy simulator I have to play the game? Well that's a terrible idea.

EDIT: I am not going to play this game again until it more closely resembles an excel spreadsheet. NWO is the worst game ever now.
  • Options
    shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually I'm a new players and I'm against it. It's already hard to make AD for me, now I can only dream about buying a cat or a stone. Or any other things that I may need.

People geared out will have exactly zero reason to run dungeons either. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Predicted results:
    Lets compare it with it with predictions of seasoned MMO player:
    -MORE people will run dungeons because they can't sell zen for ad and get best gear
    -LESS que times because more people will be going to tru to get items
    -ADs value going UP, leading to price drops on the AH
    -Current gear might skyrocket, but since there will be no way of making huge AD in short time, no one will buy it.
    -New level 60, just as now will be decked in pvp items in 2 evenings and nothing will change, because they couldn't afford AH sets/weapons anyway
    -Game becomes just as any MMO when it comes to dungeons and items and lives long without masses of exploiting, greedy a-holes.

The changes come into live, we'd better have a good way to reliably get RADs, or AH items will be keep going down and down because people won't be able to afford them.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My guess is that "select items" will include something like 1 piece from each T2 set, to give an example..... which would prevent people from buying a complete T2 set on the AH. I think they realize that making all purple items BoP would effectively kill the game for a large part of the playerbase.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    -MORE people will run dungeons because they can't sell zen for ad and get best gear
    -Current gear might skyrocket, but since there will be no way of making huge AD in short time, no one will buy it.
    -New level 60, just as now will be decked in pvp items in 2 evenings and nothing will change, because they couldn't afford AH sets/weapons anyway
    -Game becomes just as any MMO when it comes to dungeons and items and lives long without masses of exploiting, greedy a-holes.

The changes come into live, we'd better have a good way to reliably get RADs, or AH items will be keep going down and down because people won't be able to afford them.

The assumption people are making is that there won't ever be another dungeon after the current equipment level. Oh how sadly mistaken they are. Doing it this way lets developers slow down how quickly people advance through the stages of their game as you need the loot from this dungeon to advance to the next one and so on and so forth. Yes, there will be people who currently have all of the gear for THIS dungeon who won't be running the dungeon... until they add another one. Gauntlgrym I think they called it. Something about dwarves and punching stuff.
  • Options
    notarimusnotarimus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

No, this is not happend. PPls with gear will not do anymore dungeons, even with DD. All que for t2 dungeons will be from VERY WEAK players (if not buy real money), because they cant buy cat or stone, because they will have pvp gear or t1 gear. With this group, you even cant finished the dungeon, will be huge waste of time. Hehehe. Good luck in this ****y game :)

EDIT: If you read mine first post , the chance to get something value is aroudn 5 %, HAHAHAHA, This game is a joke..............
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I just ran all the gaunt content barring 20v20 in p2 of gaunt with 5 people and it was trash. Same t2 gear were getting here. Quick, painless, 1 boss and a giant waste of time with no challenge and no real "raid content" to mention.
    u13fd8a.png