test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cluster Object Brainstorm

13»

Comments

• Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bats roosting or flying/scattering as you approach for cave interiors.
    Spiders milling around in nests/following set routes.
    A murder of Crows.
    Stack of skeletons(maybe a wall)/skulls/body parts for creepier settings.
    Positionable/customizable clouds.
    A flock of birds on the ground that fly off as you approach,(X mob spawns to investigate the birds flying off).
    Ghostly children playing in the street.
    Large 'Shapes' moving under the water.
    Eyes peering at you from the dark.
    Magical effects you can put a timer on. Npcs just fade out when told to disppapear, some effect to go with it would be nice. E.g. if its a wizard or assasin, up goes a smoke screen until hes gone.

A selection of figurines such as an onyx figurine for a certain cat.(not really a cluster i know)^^.

* Collapsing floors.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I'd like line drag clusters - I drag a line and a cluster of whatever I have selected gets drawn along the line. A random paint brush would be nice, too - random clusters of whatever I have selected. A place to adjust density of items and adjust the list of potential items to randomly make appear would be great. No need to pre-create clusters, just make them adjustable unless the clusters are of a special case.
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like line drag clusters - I drag a line and a cluster of whatever I have selected gets drawn along the line. A random paint brush would be nice, too - random clusters of whatever I have selected. A place to adjust density of items and adjust the list of potential items to randomly make appear would be great. No need to pre-create clusters, just make them adjustable unless the clusters are of a special case.
    Here's an idea. Add an encounter with a looping patrol. Define the area you want stuff randomly dropped into using the patrol points. Hit the magic "Fill Area" button. :)
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I said this on the other thread aswell But I would really like more Snow and ice maps and clusters, and lava clusters. More water clusters aswell. Bigger circle shaped water would be useful aswell It's award making lakes out of squares you have to make a beach or rocks around it to make it look natural with takes up precious detail space. Which is always an issue for me. Maybe I am just detailing Too much and making my maps look to good >.>.....but 1500 just is not enough for me. You can't quite fill a 1000x1000 empty map with full detail let alone a 2000x2000 perhaps you could make different budgets for different map sizes. Clean snow maps please :o and more of them.

Basically what I'm saying is I use water. Rocks, lava and snow allot and want more :o

Edit: More mountain clusters and types would be cool Like volcanoes... mountains with snow caps... or even forest covered mountains lots of mountains are covered in trees :P
    Also flat textures to put on rocks or something to make islands in water and stuff.
    and cluster them with trees and rocks for grass or shells and stuff for beaches.

More jungle clusters and objects aswell please.

Edit 2:
    also clusters for platforms/floors and stuff so we can cover larger areas with a floor like structure for towns or even complex keeps easier.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chibidani wrote: »
    More water clusters aswell. Bigger circle shaped water would be useful aswell It's award making lakes out of squares you have to make a beach or rocks around it to make it look natural with takes up precious detail space. Which is always an issue for me.

Are you starting with a flat empty map?

I'm working on a small lakeside village in my latest quest and you might try the trick I'm using.
    I'm using a map with terrain differences (I think I'm using Large - single path) and taking a large 500x500 water plane and adjusting it's level to be where I want the lake. I think my "water" level is at "zero -5'" and I've got a nice lake with shoreline and a few peninsulas. I used the 500x500 water plane in a 2x2 grid in the "middle" of the available map space and just adjusted up or down a few feet until I got the lake I desired. (Edit: You have to go into preview/3d-editor mode to be able to see where the lake level intersects with the terrain. While walking around you can do a "/loc" to get your x,y,z position and you can use that to get an idea of a Y position for your water plane.)

The only problem is that the 2-d editor doesn't account for merging water plane with terrain so you end up with large water squares over most of your map. I dropped a blue magic column outside the water and went into preview/3d-editor mode. Then you can select the blue magic column, copy it, then "walk the perimeter" of the lake shoreline pasting blue columns every so often and then you'll be able to see where the lakes shoreline is in the 2-d editor.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Was going to make a post but found this one. Agree 100%..

Simple example would be while building a complex structure instead of using the solid cookie cutter ones. When placing decor and details inside the structure you could first LOCK all map data. Then using the 3D function would only affect the fiddly bits.

It appears the code is there, used with the Cluster object in library, just not available.

Even with restrictions like no NPC or other items, yes even if it was permanent, I would still use it.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

I'm working on a small lakeside village in my latest quest and you might try the trick I'm using.
    I'm using a map with terrain differences (I think I'm using Large - single path) and taking a large 500x500 water plane and adjusting it's level to be where I want the lake. I think my "water" level is at "zero -5'" and I've got a nice lake with shoreline and a few peninsulas. I used the 500x500 water plane in a 2x2 grid in the "middle" of the available map space and just adjusted up or down a few feet until I got the lake I desired. (Edit: You have to go into preview/3d-editor mode to be able to see where the lake level intersects with the terrain. While walking around you can do a "/loc" to get your x,y,z position and you can use that to get an idea of a Y position for your water plane.)

The only problem is that the 2-d editor doesn't account for merging water plane with terrain so you end up with large water squares over most of your map. I dropped a blue magic column outside the water and went into preview/3d-editor mode. Then you can select the blue magic column, copy it, then "walk the perimeter" of the lake shoreline pasting blue columns every so often and then you'll be able to see where the lakes shoreline is in the 2-d editor.

lol don't get me wrong I already done that for many locations. BUT it is VERY limited and forces you to use hilly maps or something.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

Aye, I use the same tactic but I use the "Bag" object. Works great in tighter locations as well. If you see a random bag somewhere in my quests you know the inside joke, I got lazy and forgot to remove them with the Component Tree before publishing. As a joke to my guild mates who keep pointing out when they find these bags in my test maps I made one of them interactable and turned it into a mimic that attacked them. They found it mildy funny. Moral: don't open strange bags you find in the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    susseraxe7susseraxe7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some way to add a large amounts of spider webs to areas would be great. Trying to make a spider boss room in an interior zone the other day, I figure I'd just use the cluster ability, only to discover that a) you can't do clusters in indoor maps, and b) it takes a long time to add and correctly align a mass qauntity of webs down.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    susseraxe7 wrote: »
    Some way to add a large amounts of spider webs to areas would be great. Trying to make a spider boss room in an interior zone the other day, I figure I'd just use the cluster ability, only to discover that a) you can't do clusters in indoor maps, and b) it takes a long time to add and correctly align a mass qauntity of webs down.

Add webs as a room decoration option on the room objects (much like the red lighting/statue or torch hanging braziers).