test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "new" DC means everyone needs to adapt

skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Let me start by saying I'm comfortable with the nerfs of the DC. I'll adapt and it shouldn't be hard since I've been lvl 60 less than 24 hours :) I do understand those who've been running DCs longer will have a harder time adjusting.

My...let's call it a "complaint"...right now are the tanks and other party members who yell at us for "MOAR HEELZ" when they don't understand that the up time for AS has been cut back and we have to wait for the recharge.

Trust us we're frustrated by it too and we're doing the best we can. Trust me we're throwing them as fast as we possibly can. Healing AS only works with Divinity...if we spend all our time running from mobs (tho the aggro is MUCH better now) because no one can come to help keep us from dying, we can't build up our Divinity and that means no heals for you...or at least even more infrequently than they are already.

We're doing our best (most of us anyway) so cut us a little slack?
Post edited by skyewolf1 on

Comments

• Options
    nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    Let me start by saying I'm comfortable with the nerfs of the DC. I'll adapt and it shouldn't be hard since I've been lvl 60 less than 24 hours :) I do understand those who've been running DCs longer will have a harder time adjusting.

My...let's call it a "complaint"...right now are the tanks and other party members who yell at us for "MOAR HEELZ" when they don't understand that the up time for AS has been cut back and we have to wait for the recharge.

Trust us we're frustrated by it too and we're doing the best we can. Trust me we're throwing them as fast as we possibly can. Healing AS only works with Divinity...if we spend all our time running from mobs (tho the aggro is MUCH better now) because no one can come to help keep us from dying, we can't build up our Divinity and that means no heals for you...or at least even more infrequently than they are already.

+1 /tenchars
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »

Yes, though a buff to our other heals would help bring this class to a good place. Astral shield is good, but the other heals are pretty bad in comparison. Also my astral shield won't save me now as a cleric since it's now considered a heal over time instead of regeneration. Seems to be a bit better for my party members though.

Also I've noticed due to how the astral shield used to work you can hardly find a tank who knows how to taunt instead of playing as a dps. That and alot of rouges and wizards don't know how to dodge out of the red.

Oh and the worst part? no one else seems to know when to use a potion except the clerics...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, though a buff to our other heals would help bring this class to a good place. Astral shield is good, but the other heals are pretty bad in comparison. Also my astral shield won't save me now as a cleric since it's now considered a heal over time instead of regeneration. Seems to be a bit better for my party members though.

Also I've noticed due to how the astral shield used to work you can hardly find a tank who knows how to taunt instead of playing as a dps. That and alot of rouges and wizards don't know how to dodge out of the red.

Oh and the worst part? no one else seems to know when to use a potion except the clerics...

Now, I'll be the first one to admit I'm guilty of playing a Rogue who thinks she's a tank and was HIGHLY dependent on AS in dungeons. However after playing my DC for a bit I can understand the mechanics much better. My DC was originally speced for about 50/50 healing/dmg, after I respec her she'll probably be closer to 60/40 so she can keep up her heals and Divinity enough TO heal. I ran the lvl 59 Karrundax dungeon a bit ago with guild-mates and one random tank from the queue....(1DC, 1GF, 2TR, 1CW). The fact that I was first in healing was no surprise...the fact that I was less thank 1K under the tank in damage dealt *was*.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just as an aside, I literally stood there and took a beat down from a kobold so I could get my Divinity back up and throw another AS.
  • Options
    mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FF is a pretty good heal, a bit hard to place but that give a lot of health
  • Options
    godlesscoyotegodlesscoyote Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play a Control Wizard and i promise, i use my pots all the time.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I was in that group, and the two TR's (yes I was one of them) Out DPS'ed the Tank, The CW Did more damage then the tank. The two tr's ended up running back and forth and in circles, literally, guarding the Cleric, and then would move in while there was breathing room to take on the Dragon. So I understand some things but, crippling a healing class, is just wrong. Let them heal, many Clerics do away with healing word when they start getting higher. Bastion of Health most never use at all. Seriously let the cleric be the cleric and do their job.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013

+1

I like a DC's signature in here somewhere it states if you dont have your own pots, dont expect my heals lol or something to that effect.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And don't think I wasn't thankful for the help! LOL

Seriously though the other party members who scream for more heals need to remember also that we have some decent AoE heals too but if they rush ahead and don't wait the split second it takes us to cast, say, sunburst, they're not going to get that heal.

My advice? Know how your cleric (ANY cleric) works before yelling at them.
  • Options
    mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

IF you dont then your cleric is cheating.
    Potion: 12s CD 8500 HP instantly, none of the cleric heal can do that btw.
    And if you think you use a lot of potion, ask a cleric before the patch how many potions he used.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    IF you dont then your cleric is cheating.
    Potion: 12s CD 8500 HP instantly, none of the cleric heal can do that btw.
    And if you think you use a lot of potion, ask a cleric before the patch how many potions he used.

Exactly! Because, let's not forget, that Clerics don't often get to STAND in the circle of AS they throw down for the rest of the party doing dps because otherwise that'd put them in the middle of the melee. Exactly where they *don't* want to be. :P

**edit: I'm lucky if I can run through it once or twice while being chased by mobs or trying to outrun AoE damage :P
  • Options
    flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When i first rolled my cleric i was kinda shocked at how bad our self healing is. Even more shocked that as i leveled, i realized i was literally using twice if not more the amount of pots as my wizard did.

The healing debuff being removed is the next big step in making the cleric a more balanced fine tuned class. That and boosting other spells for offence and healing.

It is pretty crazy design to say the least for a D&D divine. I hope they fine tune the class more.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can understand wanting to get rid of Righteousness, I mean it's not like we're going to heal ourselves back to 100% in one shot and become unkillable. We're an equal contributing member of the party, why shouldn't we receive the same amount of healing? One would think my infernal nature (I'm a Tiefling) would counterbalance Righteousness LOL
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    just another advice for other classes, bring more pots and dont enter dungeons if you cant spent so many time in it, cause you will stay at campfire longer (wait to "revival sickness" to go off)

oh, if you died in bosses, well, good luck holding out 3 minutes -> if died to often means party is suck, you need to requeue