test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kevrlet's Guide to Gauntlgrym

2»

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    Yeah, I was drooling over that. This makes the perma-stealth type builds even better.

*does a happy dance!*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    darmathorndarmathorn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    How do you queue for this ,we have 20 v 20 on the test server right now, and nothigns happening

1st your guild needs to pick a faction. The guild leader must do this.

2nd, once you have a faction picked your whole guild can go to the location on the MAP TRAVEL page. Once you are there, the event will start up currently at the top of the hour I THINK every 2 hours or so...might be longer. Once you complete the phases you only have 30 minutes to Q for the dungeons ( ONLY if you participated in the events can you Q)
  • Options
    skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again GF set with LOW power and LOAD of defense? plus a 450 defense? WTH when u gonna made a set for the GF focussed on DPS? I have to stay with my Mix of epic part without a set, coz every set will destroy my DPS spec... Every OTHER class have set with crit penetration recovery or power...... GF run only defense....i see GF with 8.8k DEF and 45% dmg resistance. I have 2.7k DEF and still have 41.7% dmg resistance....... but they have 0-1000 crit and 0-400 penetration, i have 1500+ crit and 1500+ penetration....but coz i don't have a set....and belive me try to find a DPS set without found it is really SICK
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skarrot wrote: »
    Again GF set with LOW power and LOAD of defense? plus a 450 defense? WTH when u gonna made a set for the GF focussed on DPS? I have to stay with my Mix of epic part without a set, coz every set will destroy my DPS spec... Every OTHER class have set with crit penetration recovery or power...... GF run only defense....i see GF with 8.8k DEF and 45% dmg resistance. I have 2.7k DEF and still have 41.7% dmg resistance....... but they have 0-1000 crit and 0-400 penetration, i have 1500+ crit and 1500+ penetration....but coz i don't have a set....and belive me try to find a DPS set without found it is really SICK

Your class has been fixed; you are now a tank class... go tank or reroll.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Going tank spec is a waste, considering you didn't need to be tank specced before and they increased our base guard meter. Thus, the tank-oriented gear is also a waste.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Your class has been fixed; you are now a tank class... go tank or reroll.

It's pvp armor. Your assertion that GFs be happy with tank gear for pvp sounds a little...out of touch.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it looks cool, and I look forward to trying this out once it goes live. Thank you very much for posting this... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the GF set bonus is a totall disgrace .
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Got to play with my guild this morning. Well it was different and rather fun once you figured out a few things, mostly turn in spots. We did get DC-ed x4 during the course of the event and phases and got thrown into different instances. So that will need to be looked at along with fixing the turn ins which were sometimes laggy and unresponsive - at least this morning's run.

We DO need different colors to mark your PARTY MEMBERS different than the rest when you look at your map. Near impossible to tell them apart from the other 15 people, unless you manually look at your map only.

During Phase 2 - you need to cue for the PvP part if you want to participate in that. From my understanding, If you faction won the PvP part, you got access to the T2 dungeon - even if you didn't make the cut and got into it.

You should get a drop if your side wins that Phase that helps you get into the dungeons there.

For a first run, not bad. Would like to see them more often than just x2 a day though. Every 4 hours might be more to my liking. Can't wait to try it again though.

~~~~~
    For the Explorer's it was kinda like this:

- So be Level 60, no gear score requirement
    - Be in a guild that the GM has picked a faction
    - Go to the correct area on your map before the EVENT starts

Phase 1:
    - Look at your MAP and the KEY on the RIGHT SIDE. Your QUEST log tells you what you need to do. TURN in spots are important to learn and you will want to drop your collected stuff in there before the end of that match.

Water Pipes - 6 o'clock
    Stables - 8 o'clock (near the NPC)
    Forge - 12 o'clock

Phase 2:
    (Kavrlet's MAP above)
    - Collect WOOD that's laying around and build Catapults and put AMMO near them
    - Collect Armory (put in CHEST near the GIANT in the mid)
    - Collect FOOD (put on GRILL below GIANT)
    - Collect 5 EARTH put on MINE CARTS

- Cue for PVP if you wish

When you return to your waiting area - you can access quick dungeons there if you meet the requirements.

TIPS:
    - Stay in Groups of 3-5 and work on the same objective for Phases 1-2.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ctowers wrote: »
    Got to play with my guild this morning. Well it was different and rather fun once you figured out a few things, mostly turn in spots. We did get DC-ed x4 during the course of the event and phases. So that will need to be looked at along with fixing the turn ins - laggy and unresponsive - at least this morning.

We DO need different colors to mark your PARTY MEMBERS different than the rest when you look at your map. Near impossible to tell them apart from the other 15 people, unless you manually look at your map only.

During Phase 2 - you need to cue for the PvP part? I don't understand that - I thought we had to finish Phase 2 prior.

I don't think it mattered though. If you faction won the PvP part, you got access to the T2 dungeon - even if you didn't make the cut and got into it.

For a first run, not bad. Would like to see them more often than just x2 a day though. Every 4 hours might be more to my liking. Can't wait to try it again though.

Had a friend claim they won the pvp side and didn't get t2 access.
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    For Us, The Explorers lost Phase 1 but won Phase 2. Our group didn't get into the PvP part and got kicked back to the holding area after phase 2. We did get the item for winning phase 2 in our inventory which allowed us to do the mini T1 dungeon. Guildees that didn't participate and have that item were not eligible to do that dungeon, FC.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    why Lifesteal for a Cleric?

do Clerics even use Lifesteal a lot?

well if you get your life steal way up you may get 7.5% of your damage dealt at life points... this means if you are able to defeat 13.33 opponents of your health points that you can fully recover your health once... clerics need critical chance to trigger some of their skills and there isn't any on this set... although recovery is nice, you still have to wait for cool downs and have to figure out how to get up your divine power and your damage sucks... look at how low the cleric's defense is, pretty **** lame for a class that can't attack and is always one and two hit

I don't think I'll log into this game any more, I don't see any point.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    LOL the GF set is garbage.

There is no reason to do this instance as the gear is **** and the time it would take to even farm a full set is ridiculous compared to T2 DD events.
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    why Lifesteal for a Cleric?

do Clerics even use Lifesteal a lot?

Lifesteal is seriously the worst stat in the game for a cleric. Cleric's already have the lowest damage output of any class; then add to that the fact that cleric's spend about 30% of their time actively healing (so doing no damage), and spend another 30-60% of their time either kiting or in a control spell (in PvP), so they barely do any damage output at all, so even if lifesteal was a good stat (it's currently horribly under-budget compared to other defensive stats), lifesteal won't do much of anything for a cleric.

That lifesteal on the cleric gear should be converted to defense (so there would be defense x2, recovery, and power) or regeneration for the cleric PvP gear to be worth using.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    Yeah, I was drooling over that. This makes the perma-stealth type builds even better.

Path of the blades + Swash set. Enjoy perma stealth 'while it lasts'. I think you'll find that it won't be so permanent and I also think that you'll hate the fact that the T2 rogues set doesn't have power for some insanely STUPID reason while Swash does have it. Instead, the pvp set gets an extra defence stat compared to Swash. Yay, a defence stat...so useful for us uber tanky rogues, right?

New pvp set for rogues = useless, should've been power instead of lifesteal so that you can atleast somewhat compete with the dmg from rogues with the Swash set rather than rolling over and die an inevitable death - unless the rogue that you are up against isn't as good tactics wise.

HEY GUISE, LET'S MAKE POWER MORE EFFECTIVE FOR ROGUES AND THEN NOT INCLUDE IT AT ALL FOR THE NEW T2 PVP SET SO THAT PVPERS WILL STILL BE FORCED TO PVE IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE IN PVP - MAKES SENSE RIGHT? YAY!
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Path of the blades + Swash set. Enjoy perma stealth 'while it lasts'. I think you'll find that it won't be so permanent and I also think that you'll hate the fact that the T2 rogues set doesn't have power for some insanely STUPID reason while Swash does have it. Instead, the pvp set gets an extra defence stat compared to Swash. Yay, a defence stat...so useful for us uber tanky rogues, right?

New pvp set for rogues = useless, should've been power instead of lifesteal so that you can atleast somewhat compete with the dmg from rogues with the Swash set rather than rolling over and die an inevitable death - unless the rogue that you are up against isn't as good tactics wise.

HEY GUISE, LET'S MAKE POWER MORE EFFECTIVE FOR ROGUES AND THEN NOT INCLUDE IT AT ALL FOR THE NEW T2 PVP SET SO THAT PVPERS WILL STILL BE FORCED TO PVE IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE IN PVP - MAKES SENSE RIGHT? YAY!

Power is still quite trashy since DF(+bleed) still accounts for ~60-75% of our damage and it still scales 1:1.

If I could get the Rogue PvP T2 with Swashbuckling 4pc bonus I'd switch over to it instantly.

Hell, if the +5% damage wasn't limited to stealth, I suspect it would come pretty close to beating Swash since Power and Recovery aren't all that great for TR.

Alas, we get a set that's only good for PvP for people who use a certain spec.

Which isn't too bad considering said spec is probably our best PvP spec and said set is a PvP set...
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lifesteal is seriously the worst stat in the game for a cleric. Cleric's already have the lowest damage output of any class; then add to that the fact that cleric's spend about 30% of their time actively healing (so doing no damage), and spend another 30-60% of their time either kiting or in a control spell (in PvP), so they barely do any damage output at all, so even if lifesteal was a good stat (it's currently horribly under-budget compared to other defensive stats), lifesteal won't do much of anything for a cleric.

That lifesteal on the cleric gear should be converted to defense (so there would be defense x2, recovery, and power) or regeneration for the cleric PvP gear to be worth using.

As a 60 DC, I totally Agree with this. WORST STAT for a CLERIC. REGEN would be better if I had a choice.
  • Options
    leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey all, can someone tell me how many Guant coins you need to buy an item with them? I am not interested in this content, mostly a soloer but wondered if there was something I could spend the 2x gaunt coins I got when my char hit 60.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    leeford wrote: »
    Hey all, can someone tell me how many Guant coins you need to buy an item with them? I am not interested in this content, mostly a soloer but wondered if there was something I could spend the 2x gaunt coins I got when my char hit 60.

60-70 for the stuff I remember.
  • Options
    gelopapagelopapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not even 60 as I write this and it seems that most (if not all) T2 items [if the first post here is correct] are only "worth" getting for bragging rights. Stat-wise, it seems they're all tweaked improperly.

I play GF and yet I mention the improper stats for all classes...special mention to the crit-less mage set, the lifesteal cleric set, and the deflection heavy (or why deflection at all??) gf set.

Of course, the first post could be incomplete or inaccurate...or I could be in error assuming so much as I have never even set foot anywhere near that dungeon...
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a question about the mine carts. I had five fire in my inventory, which I think should let me load it onto a mine cart. However, the mine carts seemed to want 5 earth. Every time I came back it was the same. Are the fire mine carts somewhere else?
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This thread is a year old.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the carts are on the other side. if you come down the stairs to the carts and it is asking for earth elements than jump over those carts to the 5 on the other side. You can unload the fire elements there.