test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

12k DC feedback on new patch!

highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I've just finished few T2 dungeons with 1 of each class party and I just have to say that I LOVE what you have done to this game. Seriously, it's awesome.. I'm sure it's probably rough for not so well geared Clerics out there, but for those at my level, this game really achieved new dimension. Absolutely step in the right direction.. Love it.
Post edited by highropes on

Comments

• Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glad to hear that. What role did a GWF actually have in your group? And was the run slower/faster than the typical group setup before the patch?
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    GWF was in DPS/manage adds role and it actually worked out fine. Runs are slower, CN shortcuts are fixed, Spider shortcuts are fixed, FH shortcuts are fixed. At least those that I tested, but it seems way better. I was able to keep my party alive most of the time. I asked how many potions they used and it was like 5-7 by the end. My job was harder, but I had easier time (some time to say) to do my job, it really feels good now.
  • Options
    vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    100% uptime on blue was just stupid, as a GF i rarely had to use block, i just spammed dps and only had to make sure i was in the blue
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I used well aimed FF with divinity on proper targets + sunburst + DA to fill the AS gap and it was working just fine. GF using Knight's Valor helps a LOT.. Also, party members just need to be more aware not to stand in red = potion = intended..
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The problem is, most PUGs won't have a good GF that knows how to tank. Most GFs that still play are full damage spec and geared. It will take a while for everyone to adjust to how this game was supposed to be played, but got dumbed down due to OP Astral Shield stacking and broken aggro system. In the meantime, Clerics and their premades will keep QQ'ing.

P.S. Rogues got owned hard.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    certainly sounds good, what would you say about agro, for CWs?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    CW is certainly getting more agro.. It's no more autopilot and looking for blue on ground. But GF can absolutely keep most of agro using correct skills. I had no problems with agro and I did not even run sooth, so that healing threat spreading works really well.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    I've just finished few T2 dungeons with 1 of each class party and I just have to say that I LOVE what you have done to this game. Seriously, it's awesome.. I'm sure it's probably rough for not so well geared Clerics out there, but for those at my level, this game really achieved new dimension. Absolutely step in the right direction.. Love it.

Would you mind letting us know how you are spec'd? Not sure if I want to respec yet or not. Maybe a screen shot of your Feats/Paragon points?
  • Options
    theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I did FH, and climbing to kill orb skip 2 bosses works fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Would you mind letting us know how you are spec'd? Not sure if I want to respec yet or not. Maybe a screen shot of your Feats/Paragon points?

I would not recommend using respec right away, just give it some time, new builds are going to show up. I was using Sunburst/Forgemaster/Astral Sheild, Divine Armor mostly, since it's more useful defensively (2nd being Hallowed Ground). As for passives, Holy Fervor + Foresight (feated) and as my At-Wills I'm running Astral Seal and Sacred Flame. So pretty standard stuff. My feats are also very standard. I have even feated Hallowed Ground, but I realised Divine Armor fits better for it's spike heal and dmg mitigation. I'm going to respec my feats probably so that I don't have to go so far in Faithful tree and make use of something else. Also, it's possible I will be running a lot in parties with 2 DC now and since almost everyone is using Hallowed Ground Moontouched, I want to go Divine Armor to match that nicely.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would not recommend using respec right away, just give it some time, new builds are going to show up. I was using Sunburst/Forgemaster/Astral Sheild, Divine Armor mostly, since it's more useful defensively (2nd being Hallowed Ground). As for passives, Holy Fervor + Foresight (feated) and as my At-Wills I'm running Astral Seal and Sacred Flame. So pretty standard stuff. My feats are also very standard. I have even feated Hallowed Ground, but I realised Divine Armor fits better for it's spike heal and dmg mitigation. I'm going to respec my feats probably so that I don't have to go so far in Faithful tree and make use of something else. Also, it's possible I will be running a lot in parties with 2 DC now and since almost everyone is using Hallowed Ground Moontouched, I want to go Divine Armor to match that nicely.

Very very surprised that you are using Sacred Flame instead of Brand of the Sun. Also very interesting that you are running Holy Fervor instead of Divine Fortune, especially after the Ethereal Boon nerf.

I personally felt that running Sacred Flame was very dis hardening.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I personally felt that running Sacred Flame was very dis hardening.

Why Sacred Flame is good too, it's just a different style. With BOTS the way you use it for Divinity is putting it on as many monsters as u can and let it passively regen. With Sacred Flame it regens a large amount per hit and has the added bonus of giving temp HP every third hit..

BOTH are very viable and good choices - but then again FOTM's might not understand such a thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Why Sacred Flame is good too, it's just a different style. With BOTS the way you use it for Divinity is putting it on as many monsters as u can and let it passively regen. With Sacred Flame it regens a large amount per hit and has the added bonus of giving temp HP every third hit..

BOTH are very viable and good choices - but then again FOTM's might not understand such a thing.

I dunno why it felt bad for me..just did. When I made the switch to Brand of the Sun it felt a lot better just dotting everything spreading my dmg all over the place.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I've got mostly top end game gear and i'm rolling through the content blindfolded!. I deffinitely outgear all of the game's content so my opinion is endlessly superior to yours.
    Be warned.

Okay... =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Hey, I've got mostly top end game gear and i'm rolling through the content blindfolded!. I deffinitely outgear all of the game's content so my opinion is endlessly superior to yours.
    Be warned.

Okay... =/

Jesus christ, I was waiting for such hatred-filled troll such as you to post something stupid here.. Well, it only took you 1 hour, I guess, your "let's discredit for example this thread" skills are top notch now. Could you just stup up if you have nothing useful to say? Sorry for having fun in this game I just won't jump on the blind bashing bandwagon just because I have nothing better to do.

Seriously, gtfo troll..
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So no more 10 min spider runs? Does she not jump off the cliff anymore now? Granted that made no sense but I could laugh all day watching a boss simply leap to it's death
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Jesus christ, I was waiting for such hatred-filled troll such as you to post something stupid here.. Well, it only took you 1 hour, I guess, your "let's discredit for example this thread" skills are top notch now. Could you just stup up if you have nothing useful to say? Sorry for having fun in this game I just won't jump on the blind bashing bandwagon just because I have nothing better to do.

Seriously, gtfo troll..

The fact that it bothers you and that you publicly demonstrated it means it's not entirely useless.
    I've gone tf, but not off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Seriously, gtfo troll..

I'm willing to be his post was aimed at Nymesis92 who seems to have made a hobby of going around finding many different ways to say "Hey guys! Look at my E-peen!" and never say anything particularly useful. His last 2 posts are the only genuinely useful posts I've seen from him.

Edit: Seems I was wrong.

Although he's suggesting using Divine Fortune over Holy Fervor which doesn't make a lot of sense considering Divine Fortune only works on Healing Word and Bastion of Health (maybe divine AS?). So for any build running SB, AS, and FF Divine Fortune is a completely wasted slot.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The fact that it bothers you and that you publicly demonstrated it means it's not entirely useless.
    I've gone tf, but not off.

You know what, you can say whatever you want and try to make yourself look smart and cool since this is internet where everything is automatically truth and everyone can hide behind big words. But in the end, it's the actions what matters.

A) I created thread to express that I enjoy this new patch (and I'm not alone) and I've given some advices to people who asked. I just wanted to explain that it is not THAT bad as people make it sound. Thats it!

B) You came here and picked few words from my post, turned it upside down and now you think you look smart with your sarcasm and fancy colored "Okay.. =/" and bring nothing constructive nor informative.

Well, I think at this point, all I can say is that I feel really sorry for you and I hope you grow up soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm willing to be his post was aimed at Nymesis92 who seems to have made a hobby of going around finding many different ways to say "Hey guys! Look at my E-peen!" and never say anything particularly useful. His last 2 posts are the only genuinely useful posts I've seen from him.

Although he's suggesting using Divine Fortune over Holy Fervor which doesn't make a lot of sense considering Divine Fortune only works on Healing Word and Bastion of Health (maybe divine AS?). So for any build running SB, AS, and FF Divine Fortune is a completely wasted slot.

It's directed towards anyone who thinks that 12k GS means they are right and everyone else below 12k GS is wrong.
    In fact, anyone who begins their speech with their ubber fantastic magnificent 12k GS lose great part of their credibility due to their e-peen flagging, moreover in a game as gear dependant as this is one. No matter how 1337 you are, you're not gonna clear CN on greens/blues so yes, GS dictates how much weight your opinion carries. It's like Clearing T2 content with T3 stuff and bragging about being superb at it... well that must be a joke.

EDIT: @highropes: Your butthurtness amuses me. Plain and simple, and you still continue to amuse me.
    Luckily for me i don't have the need of calling names yet, probably because i'm not allowed to use them as I seem to be quite little, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013

Heya Unspecifiederror I follow your builds and video's a lot, love the testing you do... wish I could do it too but I suck at that kind of thing. Anyway what are you thoughts post patch, I'm haven't played my cleric yet been levelling a TR for fun would be interested in your thoughts.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i would just ignore the emotional basket case who feels the need to hate on internet forums.

that is just me though.

at best, just make fun of him.

giving someone reasonable responses for being a jerk on the internet is like telling your kid good job when he throws a tantrum.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's directed towards anyone who thinks that 12k GS means they are right and everyone else below 12k GS is wrong.
    In fact, anyone who begins their speech with their ubber fantastic magnificent 12k GS lose great part of their credibility due to their e-peen flagging, moreover in a game as gear dependant as this is one. No matter how 1337 you are, you're not gonna clear CN on greens/blues so yes, GS dictates how much weight your opinion carries. It's like Clearing T2 content with T3 stuff and bragging about being superb at it... well that must be a joke.

Do you really feel offended by me typing I have 12k GS? Wow.. That explains a lot.

To clarify this - I by no means claim I'm anything close to god in this game and I for sure know that it's relatively easy to achieve such GS in this game. So the point is to clarify that I'm not new, or fresh lvl60 DC. Thats it.

If you are that blind that you can't see this, then I don't know what is your problem, but there is one, I'm sure. I have no ego-related issues I'd like to fix typing how high my GS is in a virtual video-game, sorry to let you down.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    i would just ignore the emotional basket case who feels the need to hate on internet forums.

that is just me though.

at best, just make fun of him.

giving someone reasonable responses for being a jerk on the internet is like telling your kid good job when he throws a tantrum.

Wise words, going to follow your advice.
  • Options
    dyyysendyyysen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well to be honest :D I don't have 12k GS i got round about 10k nothing special and i got 2k Armor Pen ;) so my stats aren't that good if you compare them to other 10k DCs but back to topic :)

I LOVE the patch, i ran some PUG groups random Tanks never been in T2 before & guess what :) i got no aggro !!
    It was well relaxed playing and laughing at ppl standing in red circles and complaining why there is no 100% uptime for AS =)

So all guys stop QQ & your "you got 12k gs you can roflstomp anyway" bull****
    ... it was easy before the patch with 1 cleric and still its easy after the patch.... but its way more fun for me now !!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dyyysen wrote: »
    Well to be honest :D I don't have 12k GS i got round about 10k nothing special and i got 2k Armor Pen ;) so my stats aren't that good if you compare them to other 10k DCs but back to topic :) I LOVE the patch, i ran some PUG groups random Tanks never been in T2 before & guess what :) i got no aggro !! It was well relaxed playing and laughing at ppl standing in red circles and complaining why there is no 100% uptime for AS =) so all guys stop QQ your "you got 12k gs you can roflstomp anyway" bull**** ... it was easy before the patch with 1 cleric and still its easy after the patch.... but its way more fun for me now !!!

I absolutely agree with you. It's not much harder for us, but it's definitely harder for all party members. People just need to use brains more often. It was such a linear gameplay, just put down blue circle, I don't know, for example here.. I actually have to think where to put it, time my other skills correctly, etc.. And for others, don't worry, they are going to learn very quickly where they can stand and where is forbidden zone. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Your ignorance doesen't offend me at all. I've never demonstrated in any way i'm offended by you, quite the contrary. you seem to be offended by a simple fact:

GS =/= experience. i'm not blind, so that... I can see.
    You could have perfectly bought all that gear on the AH (not saying you have).

I can say : I drive a Lamborghini.
    Does that mean i'm an experienced driver? Guess not.
    It just means I got the money to own it.
    Or more ridiculous yet: implying i'm excellent at maths by stating that my dog runs very fast.

It's very easy:
    Hey guys i've been running T2 instances for quite a bit and i'm really enjoying them now. I love the changes the devs have made <- I'm not telling you how superb I am, I'm not flaging my GS and other non relevant and banal stuff that may undervalue my opinion.

Calling names and explicitly insulting is easy too, i wouldn't encourage that tho. I don't think that's good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You seem a little mad. Do you wanna hop on teamspeak and talk about it?

On a more serious note. The way I interpreted "Divine Fortune" is this...any kind of healing = more divine power. I feel like I've always had plenty of Divine Power to do whatever I wanted, but that was probably due to Ethereal Boon being broken...but even on the test server running the same setup I felt like I had tons of Divine Power running this build.

But I'm probably terrible and everything that I been able to do in the game so far was just a bunch of luck. I just mash buttons and put this cool blue circle on the ground and win. Derpppp.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You seem a little mad. Do you wanna hop on teamspeak and talk about it?

On a more serious note. The way I interpreted "Divine Fortune" is this...any kind of healing = more divine power. I feel like I've always had plenty of Divine Power to do whatever I wanted, but that was probably due to Ethereal Boon being broken...but even on the test server running the same setup I felt like I had tons of Divine Power running this build.

But I'm probably terrible and everything that I been able to do in the game so far was just a bunch of luck. I just mash buttons and put this cool blue circle on the ground and win. Derpppp.

Don't want to jump in the middle of an argument or whatever is going on... but its true right now only Healing word and bastion of health count as Healing skills (weird!). And divine fortune only effects these two skills, it does not even effect divine astral shield right now!

The change to astral shield has stopped it also triggering Linked spirit while divined, it used to work fine. But don't worry they are reading our feedback very closely! just ignoring all the bugs and poor implementation of other skills! xD
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Don't want to jump in the middle of an argument or whatever is going on... but its true right now only Healing word and bastion of health count as Healing skills (weird!). And divine fortune only effects these two skills, it does not even effect divine astral shield right now!

The change to astral shield has stopped it also triggering Linked spirit while divined, it used to work fine. But don't worry they are reading our feedback very closely! just ignoring all the bugs and poor implementation of other skills! xD

Guess this is good for me considering I use Healing Word in my build.