test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Campfires must cleanse Revive Sickness

snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Now that cleanse from clerics can not remove this anymore, make campfires cleanse revive sickness.
If you wipe and are back at campfire it shouldn't give you even more downtime than we already get from the sickness in combat.

EDIT: I'm not talking about Injuries here.
shelendil wrote: »
When out of combat campfires should:
1. heal
2. remove injuries (with time)
3. remove res sickness (immediately)
4. build up resources (divinity, etc)

Right now they do 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4, leading to a lot of downtime that doesn't serve a purpose.
Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
Post edited by snowballo on

Comments

• Options
    wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No worries m8, you must chill by the campfire now for quite a long time..the feet that clerics used to regain divinity has been "fixed" so now it really takes ages to get it back up before a fight can start new..actually im gonna get rid of it and make shure i allways wipe with a full divinity bar now..
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Now that cleanse from clerics can not remove this anymore, make campfires cleanse revive sickness.
    If you wipe and are back at campfire it shouldn't give you even more downtime than we already get from the sickness in combat.

It was a bug that clerics could remove it. It goes away with time.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    If you sit in campfires or just stand in Protector's Enclave for 5 minutes injuries will go away. Otherwise you can use injury kits for faster progress.

Clerics were never intended to remove the effect. :(
  • Options
    robwagesrobwages Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics aren't meant to heal effectively either but don't worth, that has been fixed with this patch. Expect to be spending a lot of time with revive sickness because it makes the game more fun. ;)
    Hahaha
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you sit in campfires or just stand in Protector's Enclave for 5 minutes injuries will go away. Otherwise you can use injury kits for faster progress.

Which is sad because, on some boss fights, you die again and again. Waiting and waiting for that stupid sickness to disappear sucks. Kits are fine, but campfire SHOULD remove sickness instantly. What's the point of not doing that? You're all dead anyway, or will be. Having to wait the minutes, again and again, just to get back in is a useless mechanic.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish campfires healed you faster.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm Drow+campfire=OP

I new I picked Drow for a reason,now it all makes sense. lol
  • Options
    tkwan1tkwan1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which is sad because, on some boss fights, you die again and again. Waiting and waiting for that stupid sickness to disappear sucks. Kits are fine, but campfire SHOULD remove sickness instantly. What's the point of not doing that? You're all dead anyway, or will be. Having to wait the minutes, again and again, just to get back in is a useless mechanic.

QFT. Seriously, sickness is annoying, so is waiting 5 minutes for a freaking injury in a party that is impatient.
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You sir, don't get what I'm saying.
    I don't mind the injury, which I can waste an injury kit on to remove.

Ressurection sickness (The debuff you get when someone gets you back up from being down, before you actually fully die) can not be removed and you have to wait it out completely.
    Once you end up back at the campfire it usually means you have wiped and want to do another attempt at the boss.
    Yet you'r stuck there waiting for the res. sickness to go away to not decrease your chances of success.
    Now if injury kits or the campfire would instantly (or within 30 seconds) remove this, there wouldn't be an issue.

Now before your reply about injury kits again, please re-read what I'm talking about.
    I'm not talking about injuries.
  • Options
    vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The whole injury mechanic is fkin stupid to begin with. If this game wants to focus on dungeons then it needs to be removed. You shouldnt get injured every time you die. Its a huge waste of time and just degrades an already low grade game.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    well, for all who always badmouthing "exploiters" now you know, like it or not you are exploiters too ... :D
    usually it take 1 hour give or take to finish 1 dungeon (at your level) but now I believe it take more. for those who build cleric under "reduce damage" change it or solo will be not worth it.

oh yea, cleanse never intended to clear "just died" also not intended to clear entire debuff ... BUT .. it is not intended do clear debuff 1 per 20 sec. so it is nerf not a fix
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Intended or not, it's the way it's been working up to now. So there was no reason to actually have a closer look at this debuff.

Now that it can't be cleansed anymore, there is a reason to look into this debuff and it's duration and ways it can be removed/shortened.
    On top of that, the whole purpose of the debuff is to prevent non stop rezzing in combat, thus it should go away once you'r fully wiped after an attempt and back at a campfire.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It interests me, that Neverwinter is marketed as an "MMO Action RPG", and yet there are so many mechanics in place, that lead to a lot of standing around waiting for things to happen, or unhappen.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Exactly.
    It doesn't serve it's purpose the way it should.
    So at this point it's even close to a bug, even though the actual effect isn't bugged.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. heal

Right now they do 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4, leading to a lot of downtime that doesn't serve a purpose.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. heal

I completely agree.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1. heal

That'd be perfect, yes.
  • Options
    kelomenakelomena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I personally think revive sickness is fine.

Then again, I came here from a game where there was no in-battle resurrection. If you died that was the end of it.

It's just a speedbump, and one that becomes increasingly trivial as you get used to the fights and learn how to read the boss' attacks and save stamina to avoid the one-shot circles of doom.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kelomena wrote: »
    I personally think revive sickness is fine.

Then again, I came here from a game where there was no in-battle resurrection. If you died that was the end of it.

It's just a speedbump, and one that becomes increasingly trivial as you get used to the fights and learn how to read the boss' attacks and save stamina to avoid the one-shot circles of doom.

Outside of combat it serves no purpose other than a pure time waster.
    There shouldn't be mechanics implemented just for that purpose and this mechanics purpose wasn't to waste time, but to prevent multi rez in combat.
    Thus having the debuff once the fight is over, does not serve its purpose and shouldn't be there.

Please elaborate on why it should be there, other than just saying it's fine as I don't see the reasoning behind it.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree .. this is good stuff.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    kelomena wrote: »

mostly dead not coming by the big bomb by the bosses, it came by the adds, which can run faster or range attack or even blink strike
  • Options
    kelomenakelomena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Outside of combat it serves no purpose other than a pure time waster.
    There shouldn't be mechanics implemented just for that purpose and this mechanics purpose wasn't to waste time, but to prevent multi rez in combat.
    Thus having the debuff once the fight is over, does not serve its purpose and shouldn't be there.

Please elaborate on why it should be there, other than just saying it's fine as I don't see the reasoning behind it.

Because it doesn't prevent you from the entering the boss fights at all, and it goes away while in combat. You aren't required to stand around and wait for it to disappear. If you typically need to revive people in the first minute of a fight, it might be one of three things ;
    1. You may be in a bugged instance.
    2. You may need to rethink your strategy for the fight.
    3. You may simply not be ready for that dungeon.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Ah, that's what you meant by res timer.

Yeah, the res debuff should go away if you wipe in a boss room in my opinion.

But why are you dieing so fast? o.O
  • Options
    vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But why are you dieing so fast? o.O

Does not matter why. You should not need to sit at a camp fire for 5 mins and waste time.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vindicit wrote: »
    Does not matter why. You should not need to sit at a camp fire for 5 mins and waste time.

I'm on the fence with you but still, if you're dieing within 5 minutes of entering a boss fight there's a bigger problem. You should be able to survive at least five minutes. If you can't kelomena has a decent list of possibilities.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Say What?
    You Mean they were not meant to do this in 4th Ed or Neverwinter? Cause Clerics have been able to heal everything including death for a very long time.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Say What?
    You Mean they were not meant to do this in 4th Ed or Neverwinter? Cause Clerics have been able to heal everything including death for a very long time.

I know right? This version of DnD is not DnD. It's a pathetic attempt to create a tabletop game suited for an MMO. That is all it was designed for and it failed.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm on the fence with you but still, if you're dieing within 5 minutes of entering a boss fight there's a bigger problem. You should be able to survive at least five minutes. If you can't kelomena has a decent list of possibilities.

Saying "you have bigger problems" does not really make the smaller problems "not problems", though.

If you need to rethink tactics because you're wiping within 5 mins, then an additional 5 minute wait each time is not going to be terrible conducive to trying different strategies. Though to be honest, the entire revive sickness thing can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. It can be risky enough running to pick someone up as it is, so watching them then immediately drop and die for good means it's barely even worth it.
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe some people are defending this. Sure, if you play perfectly and know each fight perfectly it does not matter, in 95% of encounters however, this is not the case.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and we all need to learn. Any mechanic that makes it beneficial to stand around and wait for 5 minutes straight is dumb and promotes boring gameplay.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Have you ever played end game of this game? (Especially after this new patch)
    After this new patch not only do we have less Astral shields to hide in, it appears some of the non boss mobs learned how to 1~2 shot people now with silly normal attacks.

Then add on top of that, that not everyone always runs everything with an optimal group, either due to lack of other options at that time or because they'r experimenting.
    There's plenty of groups that die 10x in a row on certain boss attempts in some cases within 30seconds of starting the fight.
    Be it by the most silly dodge from 1 spot into just freshly appearing new 1 shot red circle on your dodge location, or issues like guardians have with their block that just bugs out and still isn't fixed, or server having a lag spike.

There are many many ways to die, thus once you are wiping and especially on a wiping streak, waiting 5 minutes every time to minimize your chance of failure is just silly.
    10 wipes = 50min of wait, why do we have to wait on top of the already long fail attempts?
    Yes not everyone gives up after 1st wipe and some people try with new skills, new tactics etc, but before you got the right tactic that works for that given group you might end up waiting god knows how long for this rez sickness.

Aaaaaaaand I could keep going on and on and on, about the many ways to wipe, but I think you might get the picture by now.

So yes, revive sickness should go away once you'r at a campfire and out of combat, because it just serves no other purpose than wasting time in its current state.