test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadow weaver VS High Vizier! [New patch]

goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
Which of the 2 sets do you think will be better after the patch?
Post edited by goodfellasx on

Comments

• Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Shadow weaver will remain the best set by far. High Vizier's stats are horrible - useless deflection and regeneration, lots of useless power stat, besides shadow weaver set is still very good.
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »
    Shadow weaver will remain the best set by far. High Vizier's stats are horrible - useless deflection and regeneration, lots of useless power stat, besides shadow weaver set is still very good.

I have you read any of the threads related to testing high vizier 4 piece bonus????
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    2-piece Shadow > 2-piece High Viz

4-piece High Viz >>>>> 4-piece Shadow
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tweaked my couriosity on this also... and before I spend the ad on a set, I would really like to know everyones thoughts on this...I don't want to lug around 2 or 3 sets of armor if one will do. My plan was to go 4 piece SW? And then boost the GS score with enchants....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    cynabal2cynabal2 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This isn't even a contest.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am going High Vizier's.

20% Mitigation for 6 seconds i take any day. Especially after the Ray nerf/fixes.
  • Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone knows the PROS/CONS of the 2 set?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Anyone knows the PROS/CONS of the 2 set?

There are no big "cons" with either set. The con is you don't get the benefits of the other.

Here are the pros of High Vizier which imho make it superior to the Shadow Weaver set:

1. Recovery is the most important stat for wizards
    2. Since aggro will be more evenly split, the 4set bonus of gaining around 1k+ defense will be beneficial
    3. It will lower the defenses of the enemies which is similar to a debuff that helps all party members
    4. It is cheaper
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    dexyman wrote: »
    I have you read any of the threads related to testing high vizier 4 piece bonus????

I did. Shadow Weaver is better.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    High Vizier if you are poor and bought one for less than 150k.
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Great, again confused, as everything Ive read on rec, is it doesnt matter, crit,pwr,arp... I know on here I have seen ALOT of the what I would call t2 crawlers stating there going with the Vizier sets as the balance checks in the patch will make rec. a top prioity due to the aggro release and being "shared" amoung all players.... ok I degress from my last post... going with vizier...IMO surviving the fight makes all the difference, even if it takes a bit longer to down adds/bosses... dont mean a hill of beans if your lieing on the floor lookn up. Thanks for the thoughts guys..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone done testing to see what counts as control powers for this set? (Since the definition seems to always shift) Also, how many stacks it puts on your enemies (and yourself) per cast from spells?

Someone in another post provided this:
    Chill Strike on TAB = 3x
    Icy Terrain on multiple targets = 3 stacks
    EF on TAB = 3 stacks

But that doesn't tell me how much it debuffed my enemies.
  • Options
    rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went with High Vizier because of the defense bonus. With the changes to aggro, I'm going to be a much bigger target now, and that set should help out a lot.
  • Options
    realpathmakerrealpathmaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    High Vizier will be better since I finally finished my Shadow Weaver set yesterday, after gloves/helm not dropping for 3 weeks, they both dropped yesterday during delves :|

Waited too late to jump on high vizier cheap bandwagon too, yesterday they were about 150k for boots/helm or more
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »
    I did. Shadow Weaver is better.

an articulate and thought provoking point of view. Thanks for playing.

I guess at 15 you tend to have that kind of attitude.
  • Options
    itastiezitastiez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is such a hard decision, which set to go!?! and with the nerfs to feats and some powers, where to put the points now or to even go Renegade path?
  • Options
    paradoxie01paradoxie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With the set nerf and Renegade feat nerf and High Vizier bonus getting fixed, High Vizier wins hands down. By using Shadow Weaver you are married to the class feature EOTS (Heavy Crit cookie cutter build).

Sure not using EOTS with Shadow weaver will gimp your dps uptime since it's still buggy when it comes to generating "Measured Spellcasting". If you stop casting for like 5sec and resume you will almost never see the procs from the Shadow Weaver set again until maybe 1min later? well you can always unequip your armor and wear it again though to reset it, lol. I even read about EOTS has some buggy uptime as well.

Chilling Presence , Arcane Presence , Evocation are all great feats imo. Storm Spell is the best Class Feature imo, not EOTS, it procs so often that you might think you're Thor lol and procs of everything INCLUDING Chill stacks generation (confirmed and tested). Choosing High Vizier gives you more freedom in customizing.
  • Options
    rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Through testing, these are the only powers I've found that build stacks on yourself:

Repel -Ads 3 stacks if there are 3 targets affected
    Entangling Force -Adds 3 stacks if there are 3 targets affected
    Steal Time -Adds 1 stack per cast no matter what (even if no targets are affected)
    Shield -Adds 3 stacks if there are 3 targets affected

This list is actually slightly different from the list that I got for the Archmage set.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    With the set nerf and Renegade feat nerf and High Vizier bonus getting fixed, High Vizier wins hands down. By using Shadow Weaver you are married to the class feature EOTS (Heavy Crit cookie cutter build).

Sure not using EOTS with Shadow weaver will gimp your dps uptime since it's still buggy when it comes to generating "Measured Spellcasting". If you stop casting for like 5sec and resume you will almost never see the procs from the Shadow Weaver set again until maybe 1min later? well you can always unequip your armor and wear it again though to reset it, lol. I even read about EOTS has some buggy uptime as well.

Chilling Presence , Arcane Presence , Evocation are all great feats imo. Storm Spell is the best Class Feature imo, not EOTS, it procs so often that you might think you're Thor lol and procs of everything INCLUDING Chill stacks generation (confirmed and tested). Choosing High Vizier gives you more freedom in customizing.

The other stats on vizier blow. In the end I'm sure they are both pretty equal. Those of you saying this set or that set is hands down the best are pretty much full of it and have nothing concrete to back up your assertions.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    riveted wrote: »
    Through testing, these are the only powers I've found that build stacks on yourself:

Steal Time -Adds 1 stack per cast no matter what (even if no targets are affected)

This list is actually slightly different from the list that I got for the Archmage set.

Was this on the test shard?
  • Options
    mahabodhimahabodhi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    riveted wrote: »

Another post from the test server also included chill strike in mastery and icy terrain. Has this changed since the patch went live?!
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    UPDATE:
    With the new updates on Live, Chill Strike NO LONGER procs High Vizier, not even in TAB slot.
    Based on what I tested:
    Repel on multiple targets 3x stacks
    Steel Time 1x Stack (regardless of number of targets)
    Shield Pulse on multiple targets 3x stacks
    Entangling Force on multiple targets 3x stacks

The best combo I feel is Shield Pulse giving you 3x stacks, waiting 3-4seconds then follow up with Steel Time, which refreshes the 3x stacks, making the set bonus have a possible 12second continuous uptime. In a fight like CN Draco with EF on Tab, you would also have an almost 100% uptime. But in that fight, the defense bonus is the only benefit really.

Not having stacks with Chill Strike kinda diminishes the value of the Vizier a little, but it will still be a good viable set.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    mahabodhimahabodhi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info. Did you try icy terrain?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think Chill Strike still apply the defense debuff.

I do more damage after using it, and I can see the debuff icon on the targets
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    UPDATE:
    With the new updates on Live, Chill Strike NO LONGER procs High Vizier, not even in TAB slot.
    Based on what I tested:
    Repel on multiple targets 3x stacks
    Steel Time 1x Stack (regardless of number of targets)
    Shield Pulse on multiple targets 3x stacks
    Entangling Force on multiple targets 3x stacks

The best combo I feel is Shield Pulse giving you 3x stacks, waiting 3-4seconds then follow up with Steel Time, which refreshes the 3x stacks, making the set bonus have a possible 12second continuous uptime. In a fight like CN Draco with EF on Tab, you would also have an almost 100% uptime. But in that fight, the defense bonus is the only benefit really.

Not having stacks with Chill Strike kinda diminishes the value of the Vizier a little, but it will still be a good viable set.

Wait something is wrong here.

If shield hits 3 targets, then yes you get 3x 450 defence. But don't the three targets get a single debuff? And if it does not proc of Chill Strike then it just sucks i guess.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Icy Terrain doesnt.

I didnt pay attention to the debuff being applied on target using Chill Strike. I was just looking at the buff icon and I assumed since it is not proccing there, it would be proccing the debuff either. I will have the check that again.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Chill strike applies the debuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    Wait something is wrong here.

If shield hits 3 targets, then yes you get 3x 450 defence. But don't the three targets get a single debuff? And if it does not proc of Chill Strike then it just sucks i guess.

Want to know too if its only 1 debuff
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Shield will only proc 1 debuff on each mob hit.

Edit: Shield on Spell-Mastery does not change how it interacts with the 4 piece Vizier.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    People are testing this wrong. 1450 defense is not going to save you. Gaining defense is a tiny portion of this set. This set is about LOWERING the defense of your enemies. Has anyone done specific testing there?