test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher broken?

2»

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like everything is crashed again. What a surprise.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • boracksboracks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not even connecting to the patch server now. 5 tries and then it tells me to check my internet connection...
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that cool, I got my Archer shows I can watch, you can always watch that show over and over, LANNNAAAA
  • baraterobaratero Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here: Connection problem.
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

Seems the Patch Server has died !?!
  • lawlisslawliss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support." Wonderful
  • lawlisslawliss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh...and now it magically works right after posting my complaint ;-)
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So... I patched the game, and then it prompted me to patch again. Kinda weird, but I'm like "Okay..? Whatever, patch it." and... Nothing, I click patch and nothing happens. So I'm sitting here like "Restart launcher! FIX EVERYTHING!" and apparently my launcher is broken now. :| As in... It's stuck on "Connecting...". Is this something that is broken, or is it just me? And if it's just me... Is there any way I can fix this?

Thread would make more sense in Bugs forum then General Discussion...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • doktorvonwerdoktorvonwer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They accidentally the whole thing :confused:

Wouldn't mind, but I don't even need to patch, I was patched and playing an hour ago, but left because the server was so empty there were no people online for pvp or dungeons or even little raids.

Oh, and as if my ranting paid off, I'm now connected.
  • xxwolfp4inxxxxwolfp4inxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Slow patching here too!!! What's happens?
  • bilbobragginsbilbobraggins Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty happy with this actually. I suspected it and did a lot of auction bidding prior to the servers coming down. Be the proud owner of some very cheap enchanted keys amongst many other things if this can stretch itself out to about 20 hours......GO gremlins keep the server down.
  • rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A couple of things.

One, in my experience, if you start download a patch, say 500mb, and download 200mb before closing your launcher, then reopen your launcher, it doesn't come up saying you have 200/500 downloaded, it says you have 0/300 downloaded and are at 0%. So it's not really resetting your download every time, it's just downloading whatever you have left a fresh new chunk. I've noticed this a few times now.

Two, there seem to be several handshake processes when it comes to loading this game. First it tries to patch the launcher, then the launcher comes up and you can log in and it shows your version. At that point it handshakes again to check the version and check for game patches. If you have a bad connection or if something is wrong with NW's servers, you can get hung up on any of these spots.

I'm currently having the issues where it can't connect to the server to check for updates for the launcher, so my game never comes up at all. I can't even get to the point where it checks for patches to the game itself.
  • sorovethsoroveth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If your launcher won't even open (you're getting the connecting 5 times and check your connection messsage) try right clicking the shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" . Launcher poped right up for me that way and I'm now patching. :)
  • boracksboracks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only took 75 minutes to get to the point of being able to hit 'PLAY' ...

And that's actually better than the last patch.
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nymbyl wrote: »
    just laughing to myself cause I used to work for Earthlink dial up in the 80's, very popular then, that speed is faster then this patcher dl speed :) and that was 30 + years ago, through an 80's telephone line, talk about bottleneck, little surprised they did not anticipate this and allow for more patching servers
    So you worked for Earthlink dialup in the 80s, a company which was founded in 1994?
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmmmmm been patching for 2hours, but only now i've noticed that it seems to stop then goes back to 0 then repatches again.

Something wrong? is there some sort of corrupted file that needs to be manually erased or something?
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    also noticed its different, earlier i noticed its 513mb , now its only downloading 413mb.
  • bl00dzeusbl00dzeus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nymbyl wrote: »
    that cool, I got my Archer shows I can watch, you can always watch that show over and over, LANNNAAAA

Everyone should go do that :)

Side note... They are using Amazon... surely you can just give them some more Zen for extra speed, they do have the juice :P...
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    So you worked for Earthlink dialup in the 80s, a company which was founded in 1994?

That's the glory of being an old guy, you can get dates wrong and people just think it's normal
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    its not about the patcher, its about their servers\connection, this game is hands down the worst game i have ever played when it comes to connection and i have been playing p2p\ipx\tcp since 1994, since the days when 3com ruled the online gaming community and 1.5kb\s was a big upgrade from 28.8 modems, *** it, i even got 9600 baud when i first got connected on amiga, when systems and servers costs where run by geeks, before the coroporate men and the business stucture build a profit on hosting services for internet portals and sites, even then back in 2000, when internet server hosting cost a ****load of money and connection was sparse on regular lines and cables through most apartments i never noticed anything as ****ty as this one. how is it even possible in this day and age? i wonder if they are running this on their ps3 with their wifi just for the lulz.