test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game unplayable - Launcher failing to update

anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
FYI

The launcher can't seem to get any download speed at all, then it simply cannot connect to the server, rendering the game unplayable. I've tried all the standard trouble shooting steps as well as using 2 different network connections. It seems painfully obvious that the issue is server side. Perhaps the kind folks at Perfect World can put some effort into resolving this situation.
Post edited by anon003 on

Comments

• Options
    alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having this problem as well since the maintenance today. I also signed up for the preview, but that won't load either.
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • Options
    tbiggstbiggs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, Me 3. Even when the launcher runs, i get script failures, and the game just sits, forever updating
  • Options
    kenomazuerkenomazuer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is broked
  • Options
    onalataconalatac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was going to say that as well, I get script errors even if i try to skip them it just sits at 56%
  • Options
    galdmeikgaldmeik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anon003 wrote: »
    FYI

The launcher can't seem to get any download speed at all, then it simply cannot connect to the server, rendering the game unplayable. I've tried all the standard trouble shooting steps as well as using 2 different network connections. It seems painfully obvious that the issue is server side. Perhaps the kind folks at Perfect World can put some effort into resolving this situation.

I'm also unable to connect after patch today. Getting error message saying its unable to establish connection to patch server. I can get on internett so problem is server side. Any devs have any info?
  • Options
    arbelacarbelac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure why they bothered to do this 'pre-patch' download after you quit each time if it's just re-downloading everything again...
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    arbelac wrote: »
    Not sure why they bothered to do this 'pre-patch' download after you quit each time if it's just re-downloading everything again...

Yup, that's total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Dont they test stuff like this before releasing it.
  • Options
    casheashecasheashe Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice if they had a place to manually download the patch. And to think, this POS goes live in 8 days lol. I don't buy their Twitter "Oh too many people are downloading it" *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    jchrise102jchrise102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    onalatac wrote: »
    I was going to say that as well, I get script errors even if i try to skip them it just sits at 56%

Me too. Mine been hanging at 56% for aprox 20 mins now
    The old world will burn in the fires of industry
  • Options
    anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    casheashe wrote: »
    It would be nice if they had a place to manually download the patch. And to think, this POS goes live in 8 days lol. I don't buy their Twitter "Oh too many people are downloading it" *rolls eyes*

twitter? hmmm. I'd like to see the dev's or someone from PW to post something here, where many customers might be looking for info. It could be a network capacity issue, I'd like to see a response from PW on their forums as to their progress.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I made the mistake of exiting the launcher to try and get it operational. Now, all I get is a small box, in the upper left hand of my screen: "trying to update launcher" "please be patient" and it's stuck on: "tried connecting 5 times" for the past 10 mins.

I would really like to hear an official word from PW on this forum.
  • Options
    alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, this is all I'm getting now. I was looking forward to spending my evening playing and trying out the preview, but so far, nothing.

Some information from the powers that be would be nice about now.
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patched - got in and played for a few mins.
    Logged off & it tried for an hour to reload the patch
    finally got past the patch and the game locked up @ the Cyptic Studios black screen
    Now the launcher is trying to patch again and cannot find the 'swamped' server & I'm looking a a locked up launcher with a 'PATCH' button

Not a good user experience!
  • Options
    seabhacgraseabhacgra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Throwing my hat in the ring too,. patcher either doesnt come up at all or if and I stress IF, it does come up and connect, the conneciton is so slow it's ridiculous.. and I'm on a major business connection running at 100mb+ speeds.. something is royally FUBAR on their end.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i was on 30% and it went back to 10% :D
  • Options
    virulenziavirulenzia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patcher dosent work, here from Italy.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    twitter? hmmm. I'd like to see the dev's or someone from PW to post something here, where many customers might be looking for info. It could be a network capacity issue, I'd like to see a response from PW on their forums as to their progress.

It's not like they're being very communicative on Twitter either though. I asked 30 minutes ago if they have a place to manually download and apply the patch and nada. They're willing to answer all kinds of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> questions from people to ignorant to pay attention to everything they've EVER said about character wipes, but not willing to answer a question that actually matters to people? Screw them. I've put money into this game but I'm seriously considering just dropping it for RIFT.
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine has stopped three times each time it goes back to the connecting.... message in the progress bar and the patch button is there but nothing for well over twenty minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xruka87xxruka87x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here too, stuck at 50% then restart and stuck again at 10% and restart.... :|
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    FYI

Trying to update launcher... X tries then fails...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    crist1ancrist1an Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fail 2 connect....
  • Options
    gnoyognoyo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is about 15 hours how I am trying to patch.
    Numerous lock ups. disconnections, failing to connect...
    When connection start, once patch is 748MB, other time over 6000MB....
    It looks like Neverwinter crashes very steadily.
    This moment patch is 682MB, patched 259,2MB, received 16400MB with progress of 38% whatever that means.
  • Options
    belmiebelmie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made the mistake of exiting the launcher to try and get it operational. Now, all I get is a small box, in the upper left hand of my screen: "trying to update launcher" "please be patient" and it's stuck on: "tried connecting 5 times" for the past 10 mins.

I would really like to hear an official word from PW on this forum.

I agree!! Haven't they solved it yet!? I have the same problem, and seems like it's been going on for many whole day today :/ I don't understand why they react so slow to the problems! FIX IT! As soon as possible!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oohhhh look, my launcher just randomly quit patching and the patch button finally makes an appearance. Just in time for me to give no f***s
  • Options
    annwynnsannwynns Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Won't even load now, earlier it was loading but hanging on the download. /sigh
  • Options
    crist1ancrist1an Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seems ur not the only one with that problem
  • Options
    seabhacgraseabhacgra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    casheashe wrote: »
    It's not like they're being very communicative on Twitter either though. I asked 30 minutes ago if they have a place to manually download and apply the patch and nada. They're willing to answer all kinds of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> questions from people to ignorant to pay attention to everything they've EVER said about character wipes, but not willing to answer a question that actually matters to people? Screw them. I've put money into this game but I'm seriously considering just dropping it for RIFT.
    I totally agree. I played Rift back a year ago when it was P2P now that it's FTP I'm considering it again with issues like this happening
  • Options
    onalataconalatac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So finally got tired of sitting at 56%, restarted it and now i can even get the launcher to start up.

Looks like no Neverwinter for me today.
  • Options
    blacksanchezblacksanchez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patched - got in and played for a few mins.
    Logged off & it tried for an hour to reload the patch
    finally got past the patch and the game locked up @ the Cyptic Studios black screen
    Now the launcher is trying to patch again and cannot find the 'swamped' server & I'm looking a a locked up launcher with a 'PATCH' button

Not a good user experience!

The last thing you said is what is happening to me ... at first when i finally opened the client after the patch,it started downloading it and it stopped at 4%,so i cancelled it and close the client ... after that,everytime i tried to open it,it opened the cryptic launcher update,trying to update a bunch of times and nothig ... unnistaled the game and instaled it all over again and re-started the pc,since the last time the cryptic window opened to me,it got fixed with the re-start of the pc ... this time,after 3 tries,it opened the client and i was finally able to download the new version,the patch,but after going into the cryptic screen,it frozen,went down and im again with the error ... =/
  • Options
    rydgerydge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    O dang methinks i broke it ....
    Connection problem
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.
    OK