test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher broken?

thorsonwongthorsonwong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So... I patched the game, and then it prompted me to patch again. Kinda weird, but I'm like "Okay..? Whatever, patch it." and... Nothing, I click patch and nothing happens. So I'm sitting here like "Restart launcher! FIX EVERYTHING!" and apparently my launcher is broken now. :| As in... It's stuck on "Connecting...". Is this something that is broken, or is it just me? And if it's just me... Is there any way I can fix this?
Time is like new-fallen snow, it is precious.
Post edited by thorsonwong on

Comments

• musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Can't patch either... was around 60% then go back to beginning.

Pretty strange since I thought I had aldready dl the patch with the 1,5 gb pre patch... looks like I was wrong.

EDIT : hopefully launching the patcher again does not make you start the patching from 0%, I just started with 1 gb patched already.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    are the servers up already ? , not sure if patching is done, doesnt prompt me to patch or anything, been trying to log in but nothing happens
  • vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    I can't even connect to the launcher :/
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • caprincaprin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the top left corner of your launcher, you will see text that reads "Server Status" with a dot next to it. If the dot is red, servers are still down. If the dot is green, the servers are up.
  • xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    servers are up ... just eveyones having issues connecting and patching :/
  • thorsonwongthorsonwong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    UPDATE: I restarted the patcher a couple of times, and finally, it prompted me for a 600mb patch (where as the first one was 1.5gb, I believe). Now I'm stuck where I was at before, on a screen where I am forced to press "Patch", yet it won't work. I'll just be patient, I guess.

EDIT: Another 619mb patch
    Time is like new-fallen snow, it is precious.
  • suirakksuirakk Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    PW/Cryptic needs to develop a better patching system. The current patcher sucks. And of course we can't get a simple response from a dev explaining whats going on. We just get to wait in the dark till they get off of their collective asses to do something about it.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As per Facebook:
    We're investigating any potential patching or patcher issues. For now, please leave your launcher open and let it patch even if it's going slower than normal.
    edited June 2013
    caprin wrote: »
    In the top left corner of your launcher, you will see text that reads "Server Status" with a dot next to it. If the dot is red, servers are still down. If the dot is green, the servers are up.
    wish that was reliable; it was always green and still cant connect
  • jia71jia71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    caprin wrote: »

Thanks for that worthless tip there, chief. The launcher not coming up or patching, is the issue.
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yep, it's busted. At first I got as far as hitting the log-in button and nothing happening, but now the launcher refuses to come up at all. After clicking my Neverwinter shortcut I just get the message 'Trying to Update the Launcher.'

Edit: Got through on the 9th try. Game seems to be working normally.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Whatever you do don't close the launcher, was at 70% then the patching bar and % disappeared so I restarted, went back to 0%.

WEnt back up to 10%, patching bar and % disappeared and I didn't close the launcher, resumed at 10% after a couple minutes.
  • axeraver69axeraver69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • suirakksuirakk Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    As per Facebook: We're investigating any potential patching or patcher issues. For now, please leave your launcher open and let it patch even if it's going slower than normal.

Why do companies use ****ing Twitter and Facebook for **** like this? USE THE GOD **** FORUMS YOU DESIGNED FOR THIS GAME. Not ****ing social media. I am not going to check my Facebook for Developer notes, they should be on these forums.
  • lurkinginshadowslurkinginshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Weird that you guys are having so many problems, I patched through most of the 1.5 gb patch no problem then did a launcher restart to see what you guys are talking about and launcher opened up no problem and continued right where it left off.
  • caprincaprin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jia71 wrote: »
    Thanks for that worthless tip there, chief. The launcher not coming up or patching, is the issue.

Hey, no problem! However, I was responding to an inquiry as to whether the servers were up or not. I was not addressing the bottle-necking that is obviously occurring due to the high volume of players attempting to patch and log in. Just be patient.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's still patching. patching. and patching some more. maybe we'll get a 'i survived the great pre-patching of 2013' cape to go with our respec tokens? anyone?
    edited June 2013
    awwww my client is patching up again..... how many times is it to patch up?
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    UPDATE: I restarted the patcher a couple of times, and finally, it prompted me for a 600mb patch (where as the first one was 1.5gb, I believe). Now I'm stuck where I was at before, on a screen where I am forced to press "Patch", yet it won't work. I'll just be patient, I guess.
    Except that doesn't explain that people began to patch, then were forced to start the patching process over, and THEN began to have the problem of not being able to patch.

The status icon is green on my end, yet it is just sitting there with the message "Version NW.3.20130529d.6..." for the last 25 minutes now.

9ghauq.jpg
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
    edited June 2013
    Weird that you guys are having so many problems, I patched through most of the 1.5 gb patch no problem then did a launcher restart to see what you guys are talking about and launcher opened up no problem and continued right where it left off.
    i did, and it did patch up 1.5gb then nothing happened. now its making me patch up 500mb after several times of closing and openning it started to re-patch again.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm finally patched 18.3% now. Just like the rest of you, it patches a little, seems to forget it was patching, tries to start over, and then jumps to where it stopped patching when it went senile. It'll get there. Patience, Grasshopper.
  • phatts421phatts421 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...need more seeders...lol
  • hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    I love the "we are looking into potential patch issues", what do you mean potential lol what happened to the post on facebook half an hour ago saying "go grab a drink or bite to eat and the speeds will increase in a little bit"

The issue is your rubbish patch server, go and get a better one rather than the one you bought from the ACME discount shop....
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I fully expected this and more on their first big gameplay/balance patch day...not only with the launcher but with the game itself there will be other problems that crop up even when the servers are live, exploits, bugs server dc's, all sorts of things I expect will have to be monitored the next few days 24/7 by their staff and I am sure that is exactly what they are doing

It has pretty much been this way with every other mmo on their big patch days to, or as I like to call it "A patch for the patch for the patch.....day"

In the mean time, hopefully we get in some gametime without it being wiped due to unforeseen exploits in the first day or 2

and yeah, since this thread is about the launcher, it is patching hella slow, but everyone and their uncle is patching, someone mentioned alternative sites for dl's, that is a good idea, would way cut down on the patching server borking out from bottleneck syndrome

I have not shut down my launcher, I just let it do what it's going to do and hope it finishes, it just started patching a 400meg patch that is crawling like a snail after finishing the 1.5 gig one already
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    an hour and still patching. fire your network guys.
    edited June 2013
    lol just stop patching altogether....

connecting....
  • zeviunzeviun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having issues with patcher too. It seems to stop patching randomly and while it always continues from where it left off, the patcher takes a lot of time trying to reconnect and start patching again.
    edited June 2013
    just laughing to myself cause I used to work for Earthlink dial up in the 80's, very popular then, that speed is faster then this patcher dl speed :) and that was 30 + years ago, through an 80's telephone line, talk about bottleneck, little surprised they did not anticipate this and allow for more patching servers
  • mahomi99mahomi99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dapapapapapapapapapapapa SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    edited June 2013
    actually I am more surprised they didn't offer faster DL speeds for zen :P