test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Streamers' Day, Wednesday 6/12!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everybody!

Neverwinter Streamers' Day is tomorrow (Wednesday)! Check out the full schedule here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=911451

Keep an eye out for Neverwinter devs and giveaways throughout the day - we’ll be making our rounds playing alongside streamers and handing out fun items in stream chat!

Happy streaming! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    eluinaeluina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey im interested on participating to ur next neverwinter streamers day this is my channel check me out http://www.twitch.tv/thefrozengirl i m a new player of this game been playing around 2 months im 40 lvl cleric i have a page on facebook also https://www.facebook.com/Thefrozengirl contact me! Regards!
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why would I watch someone play a game? Why wouldn't I play the game myself, or read a book, or stare at a river? Who in their right mind wants to spend their precious time watching someone play a videogame?
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi there Sominator,

I'm scheduled for 2pm PDT but I miscalculated. Is it possible to move me to 12pm PDT?

Thanks,
    Maiku
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    blackenessblackeness Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Streaming again my net dced for like 40 mins comcast ;p
    Blackeness 60 Guardian Fighter Dragon
    Stream - Twitch.tv/Elderfro
  • Options
    goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Why would I watch someone play a game? Why wouldn't I play the game myself, or read a book, or stare at a river? Who in their right mind wants to spend their precious time watching someone play a videogame?

Totally agree, don't see where is the fun. I have forced myself to watch one stream thought might change my mind but the experience was actually boring and annoying.
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    madfool4madfool4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Due to real life commitments / changes, I will not be able to live stream today. Sorry to those who may have watched my channel.
  • Options
    roleplayingtvroleplayingtv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Channel Streaming: www.twitch.tv/Roleplaying | T1, T2... Epic Dungeon, PvP, PvE Something Role | Spanish and English

• Options
    scyfangscyfang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Be Sure to check out Ellohime http://www.twitch.tv/ellohime

Friendly Streamer doing a 1-60 GWF run today in 24 hours.

Also multiple giveaways through out the day, and a charity event for Save The Children.

It is known!
  • Options
    ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013

Depends on the person/persons streaming. If they are entertaining and have good personalities then it will be fun to watch. There are some games I won't bother playing like first-person-shooters but I will gladly watch someone else entertain me. If it were just a person quietly clicking/typing then it would definitely be boring.

Additionally, some people unfamiliar with a game might want to see how it looks before trying it. It comes down to free marketing for PW/Cryptic.
  • Options
    eluinaeluina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Some people find it entertaining to have a break from their game and watch somebody playing, some people also like chating and asking things with other players that they stream and some people like to help players or learn sth from them. Thats why stream exists. Its your right to choose not to watch a stream or not like it but others do:)
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if any of the streamers are going to stream the Castle Never "speed run" (ie. fall through window glitch, skip first 3 bosses) today, while Cryptic is watching. I've already seen some of them stream it.

Kind of funny how Neverwinter used to be top 10 on Twitch the first few weeks the game came out with thousands of concurrent viewers all hours of the day. Now, the game is lucky if there are 200 viewers total watching streamers stream the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if any of the streamers are going to stream the Castle Never "speed run" (ie. fall through window glitch, skip first 3 bosses) today, while Cryptic is watching. I've already seen some of them stream it.

Kind of funny how Neverwinter used to be top 10 on Twitch the first few weeks the game came out with thousands of concurrent viewers all hours of the day. Now, the game is lucky if there are 200 viewers total watching streamers stream the game.

People lose interest in a game over time? I just don't believe it. Maybe it will pick up again when the game is released.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ltdansot wrote: »
    People lose interest in a game over time? I just don't believe it. Maybe it will pick up again when the game is released.

Or maybe not.

A lot of the top streamers were banned. Others quit the game completely. Only a few are waiting for the 20th.

So many people "losing interest" in a MMO and quitting a month after it (soft) launched speaks volumes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Or maybe not.

A lot of the top streamers were banned. Others quit the game completely. Only a few are waiting for the 20th.

So many people "losing interest" in a MMO and quitting a month after it (soft) launched speaks volumes.

Sure streamers and others were banned for cheating. That is to be expected. The final product will be much improved from the beta from what I have seen on the preview. So we'll see after the official release. Also, many of the quitters were people that came in, power-leveled to max level and quit. Those people are not the target demographic.
  • Options
    mdubzxmdubzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meant to say 9AM, doh! Anyway, stream is up right now! :)
  • Options
    blackenessblackeness Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    twitch.tv/elderfro Master funk level stream 13 hrs in
    Blackeness 60 Guardian Fighter Dragon
    Stream - Twitch.tv/Elderfro
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @Maiku: updated! :)
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Hi there Sominator,

I'm scheduled for 2pm PDT but I miscalculated. Is it possible to move me to 12pm PDT?

Thanks,
    Maiku
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    roleplayingtvroleplayingtv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Streaming: www.twitch.tv/Roleplaying | Tomorrow all day.

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Sominator, the stream was extremely fun! :D I gave away as much prizes as I could lol. Didn't have time really.. >_<http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?343191-Stream-day-was-fun!

Hope there's another stream day sometime! :D
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    kenshukenshu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would you host this event during the League of Legends LCS. Just seems like a dumb ideal to schedule this event when the obviously more popular game will have most of the viewers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Evening streams are starting up! Gogogo!
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for stopping by Sominator! The viewers ate up the item codes you gave away, thank you!
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    I checked back multiple times and there were no streamers from the list playing... cool.
  • Options
    crotozcrotoz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CohhCarnage, Ellohime, and Ultimate_Sacrifice were by far the best!
  • Options
    muracomuraco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've only seen Ellohime, that's my home base. I loved it. We had so much fun !!!
    All the singing, shaving, dyeing, slapping in tha face ... cats going nuts in my town cuzz of Ello singing, but **** i have laughed so much.

BraZix_nl ( twitch ) sends many many many thanks to Ellohime, his g/f Kora , all mods and the community a big thank you for making it an awesome day. Too bad i couldn't see the last few hours since i had to work. Here's a big ((hug)) from me to you. Thanks guys !!
  • Options
    creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Check out Craftchest stream on Twitch, follow him he streams just about everyday, he'll be going live later this morning....
    http://www.twitch.tv/craftchestii
  • Options
    colonelblackyycolonelblackyy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I streamed Sominator but a little sadface you didnt pop in and say hi :( We started early and went on for 3 hours and everything! Ah well.. still had a good time. And did get some viewers asking for tips on some bosses.

highlight from from our warm-up run.
    http://www.twitch.tv/maevetrinity/c/2418698
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • Options
    kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Personally; I think they should have had this event -after- they fixed the game with the patch today.

I'll likely be on our Stream again tonight as we go through our respec; and I take the GF back over to a Full Tank spec/gear out and we go tackle some T2's in the legit/proper way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • Options
    angieb1974angieb1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yesterday, I spent some time with IRNOEbot and, I have to say, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your time! *and then she waddled away*
This discussion has been closed.