test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PostPatch DC Tactic Talk

wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
This is how the post patch-cleric worked for me.

Stats
Have alt least 2k def and 6k power Sunburst on 8.5-9 sec CD, Crit, i like much, but when you are around 33% its cool.

vs Mobs

1.Put AS at start of fight
2.let tank grab aggro while putting a seal and a BOS Tick each on as many mobs as possible in 8 seconds.
3.When AS has 2 sec left to go, slide in the mid of everything and put FF on the largest mob standing at the tank (if there is a large mob) or chains if rather little ones around.
4.use SB and leave same way u came.
5.After SB everybody will know AS is over and part 2 of cycle starts tank will grab some mobs from you wile you:

a)play in the cw's hands and kite the mobst that still go for you to a convenient spot so cw can show them the event horizon

b) put down HG asap

c)play in the melees hands and try to kite around while GWF uses hes sweet daily, TR smokebombs etc. -have in mind that having a decent def and also incoming HP from AS and BOS crit tics u can kite for quite long.

d) or a combination of all 3 depending on encounter and group combo.

6)After that, put AS down again, and gather mobs u still got on you in a convenient spot for tanking/aoe. Use Sunburst soon after that AS since your SB has a 8.4-9 sec CD and u want to use it while the 10 sec AS is about to expire. Use most of your time in the AS-phase of the Batlle for AP/DiV regen via BOS u want have to run from mobs all the time like u used too, so there is room for that, specially in the AS Phase

vs Boss

The big difference in Bossfight is that u dont need to shift in groups of creeps, couse u can aim at boss with FF just by looking up higher than u usually do. Dunno why but it seems to prio the boss than. Becouse the Boss might be a real hard hitter, u need to Keep FF off CD for emegencys. You might want to replace Sunburst with Bastion of Health Specially in fights with rather consistent incoming dmg..You might not have enuff mobs around u to use it effectively for DEV regen anyway. Again AS/BOS is your friend. Bosses require actual tanking and some kiting.

Conclusion: Not everybody might enjoy the 100apm the DC will involve becouse it only works if you are never lazy on AS/BOS to use every of the 8-9 second in the 15 second Cycle for AP and DIV regeneration since the huge nerf to it will be ouer biggest issue imho and not the bloody AS. In return you might be rewarded with an actual leader role. the whole group HAS to adapt to your timings since there aint an AS all the time somehere that can save them and also pay attention to what you are doing with the mobs that you still have aggro from, after using sunburst for dev regen.
Best news is: the sentence "Just stay in the circle" , will be no more be the only tactic-talk in every dungeon.
Post edited by wingsfor on

Comments

• Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you survive when your AS drops in PVP?
  • Options
    arlacharlach Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    How do you survive when your AS drops in PVP?

You don't.
    Even when AS is up, you don't survive anyway, unless your opponent is horribly undergeared, or they don't know what they're doing.

At OP: can post a video of epic spider temple? :D those blademasters.......
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or we could just start taking 2 CW's.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wingsfor wrote: »
    u need to Keep FF off CD for emegencys.

If it's an actual emergency then FF is not going to save you
    wingsfor wrote: »
    You might want to replace Sunburst with Bastion of Health Specially in fights with rather consistent incoming dmg
    bad idea, replace your best divine power and AP generator for possibly the worst one avaialbe, that doesn't even heal that much and has a 19s cooldown or whatever it is. I have yet to use this on a boss except for frozen heart
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    BoH got a longer cast time as well while providing almost the same heal as sunburst with double CD - no use, only if you got the feat maybe.
    Huge nerf regarding divine reg? Talking about ethereal boon I guess. Well, 10% less per encounter but therefore i personally increase bountiful fortune from 2/5 to 5/5 and just forget about useless cleanse. Should be enough though.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea the new cleanse is garbage. Dispelling 1 thing randomly every 20 second is about as reliable as...well..its not reliable at all so.
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Most important about cleanse was dispelling recently died, which will be fixed -> no more failing for like 5min. For anything else cleanse is already now useless.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most important about cleanse was dispelling recently died, which will be fixed -> no more failing for like 5min. For anything else cleanse is already now useless.

heh yeal I'll agree on that :P
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The people that are struggling playing the Cleric right now on the live server will just suffer more and those of us who have steam rolled all the content in the game so far will continue doing so regardless of the change. ;)
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    OP makes it sound like you need BiS gear to be able to heal...

I gotta agree with Nymesis on this one, well, sort of anyway. I think things will be pretty terrible for... around a week after the update, while everyone adapts to the changes. This time will obviously be less for some people, since they'll already be practicing on the Preview Shard, and more for others who may not even be aware of the changes (Or who only bothered to check the changes to their own class).

Either way, DC's will adapt, because if the changes actually break the class, it'll get changed again. Other classes will learn to time things, like Singularity, for when the AS drops. Or heck, maybe DPS will be the new DC spec, using Astral Shield in one of the slots.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You're pretty much just describing what I already do on Live shard. The agro fix is nice, but unfortunately there will still be people in pugs that don't pay attention to anything - the difference between a bad GF and a great GF now is just a massive dps difference... the difference between those 2 on Preview is a make-or-break kind of thing now.
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    You're pretty much just describing what I already do on Live shard. The agro fix is nice, but unfortunately there will still be people in pugs that don't pay attention to anything - the difference between a bad GF and a great GF now is just a massive dps difference... the difference between those 2 on Preview is a make-or-break kind of thing now.

Yeah GF's really make or break the party now, GFW will be vital too to do their role...

But if you go to their class forums they're all to worried about doing DPS.. so yeah it's gonna be a nightmare the first week or two.
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • Options
    snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    The people that are struggling playing the Cleric right now on the live server will just suffer more and those of us who have steam rolled all the content in the game so far will continue doing so regardless of the change. ;)

How to play cleric: It stands in the blue circle or it gets the hose again.

Seriously, what else is there? Throwing out SB, a d-cast FF, a HG or maybe a DA when it's up, that's nice and it's some extra buttons to push but the only ability that truly matters is AS. If someone struggles on live, especially in a 2 DC party then they're completely and utterly hopeless.

The biggest difference when the patch goes live is that people will actually have to have the gear to survive the 5 seconds of downtime between AS casts and be somewhat competent in their role (no more loldps cw's for example).

That being said, I wouldn't complain if they buffed something so that a cleric can do something useful during that 5 second downtime, instead of just pretending to be useful.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snake0il wrote: »
    How to play cleric: It stands in the blue circle or it gets the hose again.

Seriously, what else is there? Throwing out SB, a d-cast FF, a HG or maybe a DA when it's up, that's nice and it's some extra buttons to push but the only ability that truly matters is AS. If someone struggles on live, especially in a 2 DC party then they're completely and utterly hopeless.

The biggest difference when the patch goes live is that people will actually have to have the gear to survive the 5 seconds of downtime between AS casts and be somewhat competent in their role (no more loldps cw's for example).

That being said, I wouldn't complain if they buffed something so that a cleric can do something useful during that 5 second downtime, instead of just pretending to be useful.

One of the issues I can see with this is what the developers are asking about the group, against the actual nature of the game.
    Neverwinter is a ftp casual game that people are going to pick up and put down at various times. With no monthly sub there's no financial obligation to log on just because you've already invested in paying for the next 30 days etc.
    However, if the end result of these patch changes result in members of the group having to carry out precise actions at definite times or instant wipe, then I can see trouble ahead.
    It is easy for ftp games to attract curious people, and obviously the devs hope they will stay, but it's equally easy for these players to wander off somewhere else if they find groups wiping left right and centre.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    ramzay81ramzay81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I hate to break it to you, but you aren't the one who's steam-rolled all the content. Your group did. A cleric lays down AS, puts seal on as many mobs as possible, makes judicious use of sunburst and hallowed ground. That's about it. Your individual "skill" is marginal at best, so long as you can make semi-competent use of the important cleric skills.

NW is a rare game where the difference between an "ok" and a "great" cleric is minimal. A good GF/CW/TR can make or break a run, but a good vs average cleric doesn't make a difference.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ramzay81 wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you, but you aren't the one who's steam-rolled all the content. Your group did. A cleric lays down AS, puts seal on as many mobs as possible, makes judicious use of sunburst and hallowed ground. That's about it. Your individual "skill" is marginal at best, so long as you can make semi-competent use of the important cleric skills.

NW is a rare game where the difference between an "ok" and a "great" cleric is minimal. A good GF/CW/TR can make or break a run, but a good vs average cleric doesn't make a difference.

Lol..I knew that someone would post something like this. I'm just gonna say this....best of luck with this game guy.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    One of the issues I can see with this is what the developers are asking about the group, against the actual nature of the game.
    Neverwinter is a ftp casual game that people are going to pick up and put down at various times. With no monthly sub there's no financial obligation to log on just because you've already invested in paying for the next 30 days etc.
    However, if the end result of these patch changes result in members of the group having to carry out precise actions at definite times or instant wipe, then I can see trouble ahead.
    It is easy for ftp games to attract curious people, and obviously the devs hope they will stay, but it's equally easy for these players to wander off somewhere else if they find groups wiping left right and centre.

actually have a good point there, and i wonder have they fixed the loot drops also. Did 5 T2 DD runs and all i got were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items mostly t1s or useless belts(epic), imagine doing t2 dungeons and getting t1s, how disappointing. I myself is starting to feel that the game is becoming too tedious. Do i really have to rely on static groups? How can i commit to such groups when my schedule wont let me.

Like one said before, this game has to be playable by PUG.
  • Options
    ramzay81ramzay81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol..I knew that someone would post something like this. I'm just gonna say this....best of luck with this game guy.

It was posted because its true. If you believe otherwise, then good for you.
  • Options
    tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote:
    Yeah GF's really make or break the party now, GFW will be vital too to do their role...

But if you go to their class forums they're all to worried about doing DPS.. so yeah it's gonna be a nightmare the first week or two.

I would posit that part of why the GF and GWF forums are so stuck on DPS atm is that DPS is the only real role they have in many parties in level 60 PvE at the moment.

If the patch makes them matter as tanks, offtanks, and add killers -- and I severely hope that it does -- then expectations should start to change accordingly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ramzay81 wrote: »
    It was posted because its true. If you believe otherwise, then good for you.

Well..if we are gonna go to this place then we might as well go hard.

Obviously no single person is going to steam roll this game ALL ALONE. I guess I should have been a bit more specific but I really didn't expect someone to be this arrogant.

So if we want to discuss a SINGLE class that has steam rolled this game it would be the CW. In the current state of this game some of the content can only be done with a CW in the group.

For the people who think that putting Astral Shield down is the only job of a Cleric...I feel very sorry for the groups you play with. Yeah it's our strongest skill at the moment but their is so much other stuff we can do to heal.

Don't reply to this if your one of those bad clerics who complain about not being able to target the right people to heal.
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Yep, those are the kinds of clerics that wipes everyone because a projectile dispelled/bugged there AS. AS dispelled = Chow guys, Im outta here - Cleric
  • Options
    snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well..if we are gonna go to this place then we might as well go hard.

Obviously no single person is going to steam roll this game ALL ALONE. I guess I should have been a bit more specific but I really didn't expect someone to be this arrogant.

So if we want to discuss a SINGLE class that has steam rolled this game it would be the CW. In the current state of this game some of the content can only be done with a CW in the group.

For the people who think that putting Astral Shield down is the only job of a Cleric...I feel very sorry for the groups you play with. Yeah it's our strongest skill at the moment but their is so much other stuff we can do to heal.

Don't reply to this if your one of those bad clerics who complain about not being able to target the right people to heal.

LOL, yeah you're the one who's delusional if you think something like healing word or bastion of health actually make a difference. From what I can see from your posts you're basically proof that any imbecile who can hit the astral shield button can play cleric. But please, by all means please reply or start another thread with more pointless chest pounding about how 1337 you are because you're apparently the only cleric in the game who's ever solo healed CN (hahahahahaha).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    snake0il wrote: »
    LOL, yeah you're the one who's delusional if you think something like healing word or bastion of health actually make a difference. From what I can see from your posts you're basically proof that any imbecile who can hit the astral shield button can play cleric. But please, by all means please reply or start another thread with more pointless chest pounding about how 1337 you are because you're apparently the only cleric in the game who's ever solo healed CN (hahahahahaha).

Why are you so mad kid? Who even uses Bastion of Health? Answer is no one.

Plenty of people have solo healed CN. It's just sad that the majority of the players feel like "duo cleric" is necessary. Why you so butthurt though?
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I guess I should have been a bit more specific but I really didn't expect someone to be this arrogant.

The fact it's you saying this is...outstandingly hilarious. *golf clap*
  • Options
    wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even when this thread is abut healing post patch..i tell you what the difference between an ok and a great cleric is:
    The gread Dc allows for a margin of error for he's team. Maybe thats a banal thing to say but.. isnt it nice not to wipe when someone messes up..?
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I won't be laying Astral Shield as my first spell. Your wasting precious healing ticks when nobody has taken damage. Seal on mobs first, tag as many as possible in the first few seconds, then pop the Astral Shield once people are actually taking damage, rather than just spamming it as soon as its available.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "people will adapt to the changes with new builds"

did i hear someone say that? i think our guildie cleric "adapted" by getting astral cooldown another 3 sec :\

they need to get some other ideas. throw us a cookie cryptic.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I won't be laying Astral Shield as my first spell. Your wasting precious healing ticks when nobody has taken damage. Seal on mobs first, tag as many as possible in the first few seconds, then pop the Astral Shield once people are actually taking damage, rather than just spamming it as soon as its available.

Wasting precious healing ticks is a pretty poor way to state it, chances are that one tick or two won't make much of a difference, with all the passive healing people die from burst damage not from slow ticks or acumulated aggro. If your partie is dying simply from the general aoe dmg and projectiles than you have a problem. Besides, there's more to astral shield than the healing, that 30% dmg reduction is just as important, actually it's more important at the begining. Your party members can easily be one shotted (depending on the mobs) without AS up. You should be waiting for drop it till the mele engage anyways, the whole point is putting AS where the mele needs it.

Honestly what are people talking about that clerics do nothing and are easy? I've seen tons of god awful clerics and they typically ahve a way or ruining runs. Currently, pre patch, as long as you have a good DC and a good CW the other 3 party slots are irrelevant you can take anybody you want and do fine on just about any content, some runs pretty much mandate having a TR with you. We'll see how things are post patch
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Problem with that is by that point they'll probably be all over the place. I like sticking down a blue coz you can effectively say to all your melee DPS "GO STAND THERE". And once they're all bunched up all your other AoE heals become more effective.
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Problem with that is by that point they'll probably be all over the place. I like sticking down a blue coz you can effectively say to all your melee DPS "GO STAND THERE". And once they're all bunched up all your other AoE heals become more effective.

Thats a fair point. My way around this is to tell them to stick to the healer if they're ranged. People always expect the healer to know where they are well quid pro quo Clarice. For melee healing, just gonna have to suck it up and get in close with the sword-twirlers. The blue circle does have the easy "STAND THERE!" thing going for it. The tagging first is just an opening move to get a few more useful seconds out of it before the first cooldown :)

Thing is, I don't mind my toon dying until I've got a process. (Unlikely to be doing testing post-AS nerf in pugs though. For every 1 good group there's 9 populated with the hard of thinking and boohoo-I-died ragequitters. The more perverse side of me is looking forward to the challenge.)

Interestingly, the tagging before shielding is something I've always done. I hate to rely my whole gaming experience on just one ability, no matter what class, no matter what game. AS was obviously hideously broken the first time I used it with divinity and you don't need prescience to have figured out it was going to get a nerf bat hard where the sunburst don't shine.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows