test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Classwide nerfs equal Impossible dungeons? Yay or Nay

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
It seems to me that the incoming nerfs outweigh any of the potential buffs coming in for a party of one of every class.

The buffs fighters are getting do not make up for the nerfs to the other classes. you see Stacking Astral shield was an Essential strategy to beat bosses like in Temple of the Spider queen and Dread Vaults and Karundax. I have never seen these bosses done with a team of one of every class, and never ever without the double cleric, and in some cases triple clerics.

I am for nerfing Astral shield they way they are planning to "IF" the Fighters got better group party buffs to help make up for it, Especially the GWF who really needs a party friendly move. The GWF is the only class that has no move players expect them to use to aid the party. Clerics have Astral Shield, GF's Knights Valor, Wizards Arcane Singularity and Repel.

IE A Cleric and A GF or Cleric and GWF should be able to bring enough damage mitigation to the party through buffs as the Double clerics Astral Shield does now.

IF this is not the case Nerf the Epic dungeons to compensate for the much weaker heroes we will now be using. Hell even before this nerf lots of players expect any player they team with to have 10k+ GS just to go to a T2 dungeon. Because these dungeons are simply that hard. And with the new nerfs and sad buffs the classes as a whole are getting some of these bosses will be impossible to beat without a team of 10k+ or higher GS characters.

IE buy your Gear on the AH before you do the dungeon that drops them.
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No dungeon every required 2 clerics to win.. I've done every single one numerous times on my GF with one of each class or various other compositions with only 1 cleric. Not just with the same 4 other people who always play together either, just anyone in guild free to run at the time.

The first dungeon I ever solo healed on my Cleric was Karrundax. We did it with (me-DC), 1 CW, 2 TR, 1 GWF. Which is not exactly a prime composition, but we completed it with no deaths at all. Several of them were barely matching the GS to be able to enter the dungeon as well.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd say frozen heart may become impossible for ~80% of players. Mainly due to the end fight being rather nuts and the only functional tactic relying on that insane cleric agro which may be going away to some degree.

The other 20% with ultra skilled/geared chars should still be able to complete.

the rest, should all be doable by a variety of players, just will require different tactics.

Just guesses tho based on reading the notes and having a good understanding of the current live game, haven't had time to jump on preview shard yet, may tommorow.

(referring to epic version btw, non epic frozen hearts easy enough)
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    you see Stacking Astral shield was an Essential strategy to beat bosses like in Temple of the Spider queen and Dread Vaults and Karundax. I have never seen these bosses done with a team of one of every class, and never ever without the double cleric, and in some cases triple clerics.

What kind of trickery is this? Parties need double clerics to do those listed T2's? This is news to me and I'm the DC for my little party of troops. Karrundax is borderline joke easy with a single DC. Drop your shield right on her side and your entire party burns her down fast. Spider queen last boss can hurt a bit(usually in the first 30-45 seconds) but easily doable single DC again. Epic Dread last boss is not healer intensive lol. It's just long and tedious. Pray for no thoons to throw your buds over the side and you're golden.

And yes, I did these instances before I had well over the GS to do them. Will they be a challenge after the 20th, yes likely. Triple DC AS stacking? WHAAA? I do not completely agree with how they are fixing all this mess either but please lets not resort to blatant exaggerations to fluff up our arguments.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh do tell how a single cleric doesn't get one shotted by 4 blademasters in epic spider while standing in astral shield? Please explain? pretty please? Karrundax, Spell plague and frozen heart sure, with good groups one cleric is fine but Temple of the Spider? Not without health stones from the cash shop and or being grossly over geared. You go in there with a 9k GS and t1 gear and you're toast in 15 seconds as the cleric. I call BS on anyone who states otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    Oh do tell how a single cleric doesn't get one shotted by 4 blademasters in epic spider while standing in astral shield? Please explain? pretty please? Karrundax, Spell plague and frozen heart sure, with good groups one cleric is fine but Temple of the Spider? Not without health stones from the cash shop and or being grossly over geared. You go in there with a 9k GS and t1 gear and you're toast in 15 seconds as the cleric. I call BS on anyone who states otherwise.

See that's the thing. Elitists (or those that want you to believe they are) will always gloss over the realities in favor of grandstanding. First off for those that actually do have good skills they feel that the game was created for them and everyone else just doesn't deserve to be there. But of course they also fail to mention all the pots they use, or the fact that they are generally running with a static group of skilled players, or that they know and use various shady tactics... etc etc.

Certainly a strong skill set and good tactics/strategy can overcome difficult encounters but that doesn't mean that the encounters are balanced. But don't speak common sense or they'll stomp you down from their self made pedestal.
  • wayward02wayward02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a cleric who only does solo healing spider is not impossible when you have the people to out dps her self healing. The charge they do is what does the damage but when you face tank them the heal from Forgemasters flame while standing in the circle will outheal the damage they are doing to me. Does that mean the fight isn't hard? Of course not nobody should say its easy but trying to say "This is the way it is and everything anyone says is wrong" Is asinine.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems to me that the incoming nerfs outweigh any of the potential buffs coming in for a party of one of every class.

The buffs fighters are getting do not make up for the nerfs to the other classes. you see Stacking Astral shield was an Essential strategy to beat bosses like in Temple of the Spider queen and Dread Vaults and Karundax. I have never seen these bosses done with a team of one of every class, and never ever without the double cleric, and in some cases triple clerics.

we been using 1 cleric for all of those instances since launch.... We typically run 1 GF 2 CWs 1 DC 1 Tr. But we have done them with 1 of every class....
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

i will tell you how.... a good CW..... /thread. Every instances is a joke if you run with a good CW. We pug a DC a lot and our CW is awesome and makes the job of the DC easy.... Lay astral shield Knock back mobs... the CW is using Icy terrian steal time shield arcane singularity me as the GF im using Front line surge and my aoe taunt... the cleric hardly ever has agro because i am a hybrid dps/tank GF and i do very well at holding agro on many many mobs.
  • sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ssantiagox wrote: »
    See that's the thing. Elitists (or those that want you to believe they are) will always gloss over the realities in favor of grandstanding. First off for those that actually do have good skills they feel that the game was created for them and everyone else just doesn't deserve to be there. But of course they also fail to mention all the pots they use, or the fact that they are generally running with a static group of skilled players, or that they know and use various shady tactics... etc etc.

Certainly a strong skill set and good tactics/strategy can overcome difficult encounters but that doesn't mean that the encounters are balanced. But don't speak common sense or they'll stomp you down from their self made pedestal.

i solo karrundax by simply not eating all red zones and keeping my daily up 90%+ of the time + shield, no real need for any extra strategy just good mechanics. (if anybody doesnt belive me ill be more than happy to run karrundax t2 epic w them ign Oblivion@sirxluis might take 4h tho xD)

so if 1 good player can solo a dg im pretty sure 5 bad ones can do just the same.

imo best composition will be 4 cw 1 tr after patch. also astral shield duration nerf is the worst decision they ever made followed by making cleanse super unreliable and close to useless but w/e theres nathing we can do :( look for other game i guess... btw any suggestions? xD
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    As a cleric if you want to survive the blademasters on spider queen, instead of stacking power give yourself some defense. This will be less of an issue with the aggro changes. Our cleric was at the bottom of the aggro list most of the time. Frozen heart may be hard if you don't bring a balanced party and try and stack instead assuming they tweak the GWF up a bit they will be able to gather adds better.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As a cleric if you want to survive the blademasters on spider queen, instead of stacking power give yourself some defense. This will be less of an issue with the aggro changes. Our cleric was at the bottom of the aggro list most of the time. Frozen heart may be hard if you don't bring a balanced party and try and stack instead assuming they tweak the GWF up a bit they will be able to gather adds better.

Probably the biggest problem with the GWF is they can't gather adds together somehow on their own. they need to relay on a CW to do it for them. Sure a CW would probably be better at it but they need a way to help themselves do more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    yes its playable, no it will not unique build any more. GF will straightly goes to Protector, GWF sentinel, etc. why? if they change build I dont think they survive in the dungeons, especially Cleric and TR. from a customable build classes of D&D go straight to "perfect build" of any MMO around today. good things? a lot of guide will come for these purposes.
  • leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I am for nerfing Astral shield they way they are planning to "IF" the Fighters got better group party buffs to help make up for it, Especially the GWF who really needs a party friendly move. The GWF is the only class that has no move players expect them to use to aid the party. Clerics have Astral Shield, GF's Knights Valor, Wizards Arcane Singularity and Repel.

IE A Cleric and A GF or Cleric and GWF should be able to bring enough damage mitigation to the party through buffs as the Double clerics Astral Shield does now.

IF this is not the case Nerf the Epic dungeons to compensate for the much weaker heroes we will now be using. Hell even before this nerf lots of players expect any player they team with to have 10k+ GS just to go to a T2 dungeon. Because these dungeons are simply that hard. And with the new nerfs and sad buffs the classes as a whole are getting some of these bosses will be impossible to beat without a team of 10k+ or higher GS characters.

IE buy your Gear on the AH before you do the dungeon that drops them.

You are bad. Can i please have your stuff? I solo healed Karrundax last night with an all melee comp (1 gf 2 gws 1 rogue and myself as the dc) just to make it interesting. Was it tough? sure but that was cause i had decided to try and do it without AShield. Do i outgear the instance? by about 400 points at the time I did the thing.

On another note... can I have your stuff?
    u13fd8a.png
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    I'd say frozen heart may become impossible for ~80% of players. Mainly due to the end fight being rather nuts and the only functional tactic relying on that insane cleric agro which may be going away to some degree.

Hrminir needs some epic nerfage smackdown. Well the devs said they will be retweaking all dungeon challenges.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

With great difficulty (and great gear). I've completed it with 1 cleric severla times. Said cleric needs to be ultra tough (I recommend ~3000 defense), but its doable as is.

Should actually make that fight easier, since the guardian can now tank the boss plus 2-3 of the adds (and the other one will more likely be on the CW/not the cleric).
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)