test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling Billing support. Has anyone ever actually spoken to someone?

godlesscoyotegodlesscoyote Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've made 20 separate calls in the last 40 minutes. Every time I get the same annoying recorded woman's voice. Yesterday at 2pm PST i charged 30$ worth of zen through my Google wallet. And then i waited. And waited. And continued to wait. So, this morning, I called Google, talked to someone and they told me it went through immediately. So, Perfect World has my money. Since then, 20 hours later, my account shows that it is still "Reviewing" (The transaction is currently in the review/approval process and will be completed shortly).

This is frustrating to the point of making me want to call Google back and tell them to rescind the charges and just say **** it, I don't need 30$ worth of crafting supplies.

I know no one here can help me, I just don't wanna feel all alone in this.
Post edited by godlesscoyote on

Comments

• necrovechkinnecrovechkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've made 20 separate calls in the last 40 minutes. Every time I get the same annoying recorded woman's voice. Yesterday at 2pm PST i charged 30$ worth of zen through my Google wallet. And then i waited. And waited. And continued to wait. So, this morning, I called Google, talked to someone and they told me it went through immediately. So, Perfect World has my money. Since then, 20 hours later, my account shows that it is still "Reviewing" (The transaction is currently in the review/approval process and will be completed shortly).

This is frustrating to the point of making me want to call Google back and tell them to rescind the charges and just say **** it, I don't need 30$ worth of crafting supplies.

I know no one here can help me, I just don't wanna feel all alone in this.

No answer on the phoning. Same thing is happening with google checkout/my zen. After supporting the game to near fanboy levels I don't know how many more bugs/glitches/exploits/untuned rewards I can handle.
  • jalfreyjalfrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait there is a number we can call? I have been waiting for a response to a billing ticket for 8 days, they owe me 2400 Zen but don't think my ticket is worthy of a response, kinda puts me off spending any more money with them.
  • godlesscoyotegodlesscoyote Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every time I call now, I imagine this big empty room and one old push button phone sitting on a table just endlessly ringing and no one is there.
    edited June 2013
    jalfrey wrote: »
    Wait there is a number we can call? I have been waiting for a response to a billing ticket for 8 days, they owe me 2400 Zen but don't think my ticket is worthy of a response, kinda puts me off spending any more money with them.

1-888-344-4478 it was in the email i received (8 times, they sent me EIGHT confirmation emails!!!) from PW that my transaction was complete.

EDIT: number was wrong.
  • bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a guildie who managed to speak with someone (who couldn't help him), but he spent about 6 hours of his day calling and waiting.

PW is notorious for poor customer support. I have had 2 major issues that should have been resolved promptly. I just got an automated response by email saying my tickets have been closed, after 30 days, and if my problems still exist please submit another ticket.

The BBB has this company rated at an F. I think someone needs to inform PW that "F" dose not stand for Fantastic.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
    edited June 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »
    I have a guildie who managed to speak with someone (who couldn't help him), but he spent about 6 hours of his day calling and waiting.

PW is notorious for poor customer support. I have had 2 major issues that should have been resolved promptly. I just got an automated response by email saying my tickets have been closed, after 30 days, and if my problems still exist please submit another ticket.

The BBB has this company rated at an F. I think someone needs to inform PW that "F" dose not stand for Fantastic.

This is very reassuring. I'm gonna have to get back to Google soon and have the charges reversed i think. I'll give PW a few more hours to get their **** together.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've gotten ahold of someone. Had to get a refund back when the game was still in closed beta. My husband wanted to play and I decided I wanted to switch over to a Hero of the North. Called first thing in the morning when they would be open...got right through.

Just like any company (think child support) it is best to be at the phone and ready for when you KNOW they will be open. Don't call during lunch and don't expect to get through late night.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't know any internet business that cares about BBB as people don't check BBB for internet sales. They all depend on paypal/credit card company to refund their moneys if scammed.

Googles system is **** for business and they will keep your order on hold till "Google" recieves the money from your bank or CC company. This can be up to 7 days before Google will release the transaction and the money actually goes to the Sellers google account.

This is why I say use PayPal as paypal gives you a "loan" when you make a payment and sends the money instant to the seller. Then waits to receive their money from your bank or CC company and if they don't, then they charge back the seller.

Google does not accept any risk, while paypal accepts some risk.

The main to differences between the company's.
    edited June 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I've gotten ahold of someone. Had to get a refund back when the game was still in closed beta. My husband wanted to play and I decided I wanted to switch over to a Hero of the North. Called first thing in the morning when they would be open...got right through.

Just like any company (think child support) it is best to be at the phone and ready for when you KNOW they will be open. Don't call during lunch and don't expect to get through late night.

I started calling at 10 after 10 am PST when their automated voice claims they are open. I know how to call customer support. I've called many customer support lines in the past. PW don't have a system to queue calls. They just tell you to call back later if you don't get through. I'd be find waiting on hold for an hour if it meant I got to talk to someone.
  • mitotemitote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jalfrey wrote: »

You just got scammed. Not the only one. Don't buy anything from these guys. The second you do you will be dubiously hacked.
    And noone answers to the tickets anyway. Mine has 20 days now.

Just move on.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mitote wrote: »
    You just got scammed. Not the only one. Don't buy anything from these guys. The second you do you will be dubiously hacked.
    And noone answers to the tickets anyway. Mine has 20 days now.

Just move on.

I've bought plenty from "these guys" and never been hacked on any of their games I play... (CO, STO, NW)
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I started calling at 10 after 10 am PST when their automated voice claims they are open. I know how to call customer support. I've called many customer support lines in the past. PW don't have a system to queue calls. They just tell you to call back later if you don't get through. I'd be find waiting on hold for an hour if it meant I got to talk to someone.
    I think the problem is their one line is handling all the games they have. So 10 after is going to have full queues and people kicked out. If they don't have a queue system then ****...I will admit.. That is terrible.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • hiryumushuzenhiryumushuzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try this number 650-590-7700 Perfect worlds office in Redwood California.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No :D But they asked me via mail how i felt when i spoke with support XD
  • aelindisaaelindisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually have... I seem to be one in a million to actually get through and talk to somebody. Surprisingly they didnt answer to my support ticket in over a week. But yet, in less than 5 minutes on the phone they fixed my issue. It took a whole 5 minutes on the phone but they couldnt respond to a ticket. And they were very polite and helpful on the phone, maybe because they only answer one phone call a day each.
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds.
  • aelindisaaelindisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also to your issue, I had the same thing happen. Turns out my payment got stuck in a endless loop for some strange reason. But they refunded it immediately. So try to get a hold of them or wait for them to respond.
  • raal2raal2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    selaral wrote: »

This does not work now. I've called them the last 8 days. I always start a couple minutes before they actually open and keep calling back 5-6 times. I also call throughout the day every day. I've called well over 100 times over the last 12 days and I just get an automated response that tells me to call back later.

The fact of the matter is that they should have a queuing system in place on their phones. They just really don't care about their customers. It's why PWE has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Even though they finally got back to me about my disputed charge, said they would refund my money and apologized for the error on their end, I'm still banned and have yet to get any money back. After 9 days of waiting for a response I've had to start the whole process over.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    raal2 wrote: »
    This does not work now. I've called them the last 8 days. I always start a couple minutes before they actually open and keep calling back 5-6 times. I also call throughout the day every day. I've called well over 100 times over the last 12 days and I just get an automated response that tells me to call back later.

The fact of the matter is that they should have a queuing system in place on their phones. They just really don't care about their customers. It's why PWE has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Even though they finally got back to me about my disputed charge, said they would refund my money and apologized for the error on their end, I'm still banned and have yet to get any money back. After 9 days of waiting for a response I've had to start the whole process over.

No, PWE has an F rating with the Bungling Blockheads Bureau because (1) they are not "accredited" and (2) most MMO companies have an F rating anyway. It's a glorified sounding board, and last I checked, no one really pays much attention to the lolBBB rating of a company when choosing to play a game.

Anyway, the BBB has zero credibility in my eyes. With a little due diligence you'll find that the business practices of the BBB and how they determine ratings is...dubious. Especially when you can pay the BBB an "accreditation fee" to bolster your rating. That one practice right there kills any objectivity they have.

I'm honestly not surprised that they still have any credibility with anyone, though. Name recognition does do a lot for an agency, when you know who to complain to even though all they can do is give out a laughable "rating".
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited June 2013
    Update: my Zen finally arrived in my account wallet 32 hours after i purchased it.
  • xsajohnxsajohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem -12 hours & waiting.....
  • gaemhelgaemhel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People! Just stop falling for those shiny ads in game that wants to sell you shiny stuff that you don't need. I never spend any real cash on f2p games and still have fun. And furthermore, no headache due to crappy customer service. Now i'm off to buy a lollipop for the cash i saved during this forumpost.....
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaemhel wrote: »
    People! Just stop falling for those shiny ads in game that wants to sell you shiny stuff that you don't need. I never spend any real cash on f2p games and still have fun. And furthermore, no headache due to crappy customer service. Now i'm off to buy a lollipop for the cash i saved during this forumpost.....

LOL, so true. :)

Seriously though, if those having trouble getting the zen they paid money for or trying to get your money back for other errors, just do the dispute with PayPal or chargeback and be done with it. That is assuming you've already put forth a reasonable effort trying to resolve this with PWE (as it sounds like the OP did). But in the end we really don't need to kick the subject around on the forums. It might feel good to vent a bit, but ultimately the thread will either be a flame fest or just a bunch of misery loves company posts.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    We cannot offer Forum Support for Account and Billing Issues, therefore topics of such a nature have no place here. Please just keep communicating with Support (Update your ticket, don't make new ones as doing so may make things take longer).

To all those spouting "Chargeback" - Just know, charging back a digital sale can be seen as fraud by many parties involved and many MMO companies will ban accounts that do charge-backs which may lead to the banks getting involved, if they don't also question why a chargeback was made on a digital sale.
This discussion has been closed.