test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advanced Tooltips

dfkabutodfkabuto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I haven't the faintest idea if this has already been suggested, or maybe I'm an idiot and it's already in the game, but I'm too dumb to find it. But can we get some advanced tooltips? The current ones are all kinds of vague.

Look at Enforced Threat, for instance:
Forcefully Taunt nearby foes, causing them to attack you. Recovers Guard meter.

How much guard meter does it recover? Does the guard meter have units, and it recovers a set amount of units? Does it recover a certain percentage? Is there some formula involved? If show, can we see the end result? Or Sacred Flame:
Bathe your enemy with burning sacred light. The third hit of this power deals additional damage and you or allies near your target will receive a small amount of Temporary Hit Points.

How much is a "small amount?" 2%? 1%? Exactly 300? Scales with level? Scales with power? Can we see a number?

It would be nice to have an option so we could get a better idea of what exactly we're doing.
Post edited by dfkabuto on

Comments

• arcinetharcineth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know. As a GF I can tell you that I see NO change in my guard meter when I use enforced threat.
  • thavatolthavatol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, the skill descriptions are already confusing enough as is. Not showing us the numbers is just adding fuel to the fire. Advanced Tooltips is a much needed addition .
  • frosty299frosty299 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Super agreed. I HATE vague tooltips. Its a game about numbers, why wouldn't you show the numbers that we're using..
  • zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 All of the powers and feats need this badly.
  • rangarosrangaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gotta love it when a skill doesn't even tell you it hits multiple times, or if the damage is total or per-hit, and how some skills show total damage and some show per-hit damage. Not to mention others that give you no clue whatsoever what they actually do.

Conduit of Ice tooltip? Meh, looks weak, I'll skip it. Ten levels later I finally decide to try it and oh! What's that? It hits multiple times!
    Slam tooltip? Bleh, just a slow, that damage is nonexistant. But wait! Turns out to be the best daily the GWF has!

And that's only for skills you don't know. There's still a lot of mystery AFTER you tried one skill. Things you can't simply see so easily.
  • excruciatingexcruciating Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Completely agree with this. I want to punch my monitor every time I read things like "large amount" "small amount" "moderate amount" and almost nothing tells you how long an effect lasts for.

I'm starting to think this is a gimmick to get us to blindingly try powers and force us to pay cash to respec later.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Who needs accurate and informative tooltips when we are getting unicorns!
  • pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes!

Now we don't even know if they work as they should..
  • freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dfkabuto wrote: »
    ...can we get some advanced tooltips? The current ones are all kinds of vague.

Look at Enforced Threat, for instance:
    Forcefully Taunt nearby foes, causing them to attack you. Recovers Guard meter.

How much guard meter does it recover?

YES! Advanced tooltips would make life easier for poor theorycrafters especially.
    Also Enforced Threat gives you roughly 20% of your Guard Meter over 8 seconds (8 ticks of ~2.5%). Something as simple as that was extremely hard to work out and I have no idea if it scales with anything.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Oh sweet jebus! Yes plz!

The vague descriptions on the tooltips are maddening.

In a game like this there is no such thing as tmi.