test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tailoring Profession Issue

savoreksavorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For some reason now instead of upgrading outfitters to tailors, it upgrades them to ASSISTANT tailors..and there is no longer an upgrade to tailor which means i cant seem to upgrade to master tailor...so someone please look into this new "assistant tailor" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cause they are useless.
Post edited by savorek on

Comments

• Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    This is working as intended. Just like all the other professions. Getting a green asset requires zen (or AD off AH).
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    This is working as intended. Just like all the other professions. Getting a green asset requires zen (or AD off AH).
    Yup this is correct, you cannot get the greens/blues/purple profession assets w/o the zen market 16 dollar random profession pack.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never been a upgrade from common to uncommon at least while the game as been in Open Beta. I didn't check the task list back in Closed Beta. You can unlock the usage of all the tasks with the common hires and tool assets though. A few threads about wanting to change the way the game handles assets out there.
  • Options
    savoreksavorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    so basically...upgrading lower tier assets is useless since you have to get prof packs to get the tailor anyway? what a ****ing joke.

Tell ya what man....i think this is just about the last straw for me...PWE just keeps goin for my pocketbook on even the most trivial of things...people SHOULD be able to upgrade their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to "Tailor" since they already have a stranglehold on upper tier items with the way they did shears/awls/needles etc.

in fact...yeah im done

WTG PWE on yer constant moneygrabbing techniques youve officially lost a customer who WONT touch another PWE game again, nor will i recommend it to gamers that i know...and after many years of gaming i have to say this is one of the WORST cases of PTW ive ever had the misfortune to play.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    savorek wrote: »
    so basically...upgrading lower tier assets is useless since you have to get prof packs to get the tailor anyway? what a ****ing joke.

Tell ya what man....i think this is just about the last straw for me...PWE just keeps goin for my pocketbook on even the most trivial of things...people SHOULD be able to upgrade their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to "Tailor" since they already have a stranglehold on upper tier items with the way they did shears/awls/needles etc.

in fact...yeah im done

WTG PWE on yer constant moneygrabbing techniques youve officially lost a customer who WONT touch another PWE game again, nor will i recommend it to gamers that i know...and after many years of gaming i have to say this is one of the WORST cases of PTW ive ever had the misfortune to play.

No, upgrading lower rank people allows you to use higher level recipes. Yes, I know, reading is hard, yada, yada, yada.
    I could explain you why it is like this, but instead I will wish you to for the doors not to hit you on your way out.
    If crafting SPEED(because that is the only thing we are talking in this thread) makes you leave the game, you'd be laughable player anyway.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The only difference between common and uncommon assets is a speed benefit or quality bonus benefit.

You can make all of the best gear without ever buying uncommon profession assets.
    There are no recipes which absolutely require players to have high level assets in order to complete tasks although there's certainly a benefit to having higher level quality bonuses.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, you DO need purple and blue quality assets in order to make the best- tier 3- gear from crafting- you literally can't make the best gear without.

What you will never need though is the time related blue and purple leatherworkers and tailors.

That said- to make a single third tier man, you need to make 16 first tier, to make 4 second tier- that's 16+4+1 x18hours... you're looking at well over two weeks worth of time to make a single tier 3- it might be worth it to buy for 20k or so AD green tailors off the AH just because of the time that saves, since they count as tier 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only difference between common and uncommon assets is a speed benefit or quality bonus benefit.

You can make all of the best gear without ever buying uncommon profession assets.
    There are no recipes which absolutely require players to have high level assets in order to complete tasks although there's certainly a benefit to having higher level quality bonuses.

Most of what you say is basically true, except for the part I underlined, which is sadly wrong, but you can't make the slotted items from crafting, such as the Gemmed Exquisite shirts and pants, for example, without some of the purple tools you get from the packs you buy with Zen. You can make Exquisite Shirts and Pants, just not the 'Gemmed' versions, which have the slots. I think this causes some confusion with beginning crafters.

You actually can't make the "best gear without ever buying uncommon profession assets" because you'll never make any of the items with Slots if you lack those uncommon profession assets, since you'll have a 0% chance without those purple tools. Even with 3 blue tools and a single purple tool, you have a 16% chance to get the type 3 result, which is the version with a slot.

Even with 4 purple quality tools you only have a 60% chance of making those. And for those, the resulting reward is listed as 'Gemmed Exquisit' for all of the professions that can make shirts/pants, but that will not be the result you get if you don't get a Rank 3 result, which is the ones with the slots. This also adds to the confusion, because you have absolutely no chance of getting what is shown as the result, if you lack the high-end crafting tools from the packs.

That said, you can buy the tools you need off of the AH instead, using AD instead of Zen.

Myself, I bought some packs and have some purple quality workers and tools, some of which I upgraded from greens to blues to purples. It was worth it to me, but it may not be worth it to others. And they're certainly not needed, they just make the resultant quality better.
  • Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup this is correct, you cannot get the greens/blues/purple profession assets w/o the zen market 16 dollar random profession pack.

This is not entirely true. I have a green platesmith, and I have never bought one of those packs. I'm not exactly sure where it came from, but I know have not bought any profession packs...
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »
    This is not entirely true. I have a green platesmith, and I have never bought one of those packs. I'm not exactly sure where it came from, but I know have not bought any profession packs...

I think the green guys and tools can come from the 300 Zen packs. They *may* come from the 5 Celestial Coin packs as well, I don't recall.
  • Options
    shiranyukishiranyuki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    platinu wrote: »
    I think the green guys and tools can come from the 300 Zen packs. They *may* come from the 5 Celestial Coin packs as well, I don't recall.

speaking of celestial coins, is the one that costs 7 coins even worth it? i've never gotten anything actually good out of it.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »

Probably from the random profession stuff pack that is a reward from the Doomguard's Duty quest in Neverdeath. Has a chance at giving blue & green assets.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shiranyuki wrote: »
    speaking of celestial coins, is the one that costs 7 coins even worth it? i've never gotten anything actually good out of it.

I always get the 5 coin pack for professions (minimum 10 residiuum per pack) but some guildies swear by the 7 coin enchantment packs for some reason.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always get the 5 coin pack for professions (minimum 10 residiuum per pack) but some guildies swear by the 7 coin enchantment packs for some reason.

It's the rare chance for that blue Ward that people are going for there.
  • Options
    barumarbarumar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even with 4 purple quality tools you only have a 60% chance of making those.

Having just AH's and Zen'd my way to four Purple Assets and confirming the 60% max I had calculated - I must say I am VERY disappointed! I love Crafting, and with the Gateway access when not at home Gaming, I think they have done some really great things in Neverwinter with Crafting. Reading that Alchemy is coming is great!

However, at lvl 19 and looking towards what I can craft at lvl 20 - and realizing that I will STILL only have a 60% chance to create something top tier - WITH the investment of a Dragon Egg - does not make me a happy crafter/customer!!!

Barumar
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    barumar wrote: »
    Having just AH's and Zen'd my way to four Purple Assets and confirming the 60% max I had calculated - I must say I am VERY disappointed! I love Crafting, and with the Gateway access when not at home Gaming, I think they have done some really great things in Neverwinter with Crafting. Reading that Alchemy is coming is great!

However, at lvl 19 and looking towards what I can craft at lvl 20 - and realizing that I will STILL only have a 60% chance to create something top tier - WITH the investment of a Dragon Egg - does not make me a happy crafter/customer!!!

Barumar

It's not as bad as it first looks. I sell the Rank 2 items for well over what a Dragon Egg costs so even with what I count as a failure, I still make a profit. It keeps the profession people making enough money to stay interested but doesn't flood the market with Rank 3 items so quickly.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shiranyuki wrote: »

Supposedly those packs are not giving out the proper rewards and are being "fixed" in the upcoming major patch.

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that they were adding the ability to upgrade common to uncommon assets.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Also, I thought I had read somewhere that they were adding the ability to upgrade common to uncommon assets.

I don't think so - I think you've read in many many places that some people want that ability.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Most of what you say is basically true, except for the part I underlined, which is sadly wrong, but you can't make the slotted items from crafting, such as the Gemmed Exquisite shirts and pants, for example, without some of the purple tools you get from the packs you buy with Zen.

True but even so that's the only items at this moment which makes a big difference when you don't make them.

However it's good to note that assets packs do get given out fairly commonly from lock-boxes so there is a pretty ready supply of them being pumped into the game, even if it wasn't the intention of the person to use them.
    As such most assets are fairly cheap or at least readily available on the auction house so you will never have to spend Zen, although it may cost a hefty amount of Astral Diamonds.

And that will always be a factor to consider, like it or not. Some things will only be gained when players spend money but many of those items, such as dyes, end up on the auction house for a rather reasonable price.
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    So basically, buy keys to open lock boxes instead as they are cheaper.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So basically, buy keys to open lock boxes instead as they are cheaper.

I thought the packs in lockboxes only provided leadership assets though.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    tailoringtailoring Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tailoring is an art. It is a skill set that is acquired through practice from various dress making. First you have to practice every day. But you need a master for doing this. Because he will give you a general idea about tailoring and he will neglect your mistakes.