test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Recommendations

slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
When most people make threads it's to advertise their own quest, but I feel it would be better if you recommended others' quests for people to play. There's no better way to advertise the best quests than have your fellow authors post them.

Remember, just because these are posted, doesn't mean they'll get plays. The point of this thread is to give authors another avenue to advertise their quests, one that comes directly from the community. Don't post your own quest because they'll be ignored. Post your recommendations and I'll update them.

1. All I Wanted Was A Drink - NW-DUAPDDXWP
2. Heaters Gonna Heat - NW-DN9RWCCFA
3. A Hero Blooms - NW-DAX7KNVZU
4. The Spellthief Trials - NW-DM900IFHK
5. Legend of Snowmane: Chapter One "In Search of the Legend" - NW-DBF3JW9C4
6. Smelly Mushroom Cave - NW-DNKSQA9FB
7. Blood and Sand: Unchained - NW-DCDAUQ56U
8. A Hidden Blade - NW-DISW7M8HY
9. B2 The Keep on the Borderlands - NW-DBRVDFUQT
10. The Beast Within - NW-DLO2ZA4DG
11. Devil's Poker - NW-DDHSV8E7K
12. Yes, A Kobold Dungeon Master
13. Necropolis of Nightmare - NW-DANM3TCD5 (Netho'relak Saga - NWS-DPIEHHOTE)
14. The Ruins of Webcrag - NW-DEU18DHO6
15. The Three Sisters - NW-DUFO3G89P
16. Dwarven Dilemma - The Wobbly Leg - NW-DTNZTFYDS
17. Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator - NW-DBFUDMT8L
18. Obsidian Enclave: A Birthday Affair - NW-DRAWOBO84
19. Storming Monte Hall - NW-DRAWHLR54
20. Exarah's Tomb - NW-DNRBBXZK3
21. Ravenloft: Journey to Barovia - NW-DMHM6HXH5
22. Echoes of the Crown Wars: Return From the Void - NW-DRFKYD2CN
23. Ask Not Whence the Thunder Comes - NW-DUGJKXYE8
24. Orcus Unleashed - NW-DDU6KAENY
25. Gloomlight - NW-DOA2BOHVS
26. Don't "Count" On It - NW-DQ3H4MXKG
27. Finding the Fen Wood - NW-DQY5S2V2U
28. Nightmare on Market Street - NW-DHF54C3EV
29. Chronicles of the Abyss - NWS-DOSO4KUQD
30. Mind of Darkness - NW-DMIME87F5
Post edited by slaidz on

Comments

• Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you to try:
    @Enderk03 - A Hero Blooms - NW-DAX7KNVZU (Brilliant)
    @Stebss - The Spellthief Trials - NW-DM900IFHK (If you think you're good at maps' "interior design" you didn't play this quest)
    @moondawg13 - Legend of Snowmane: Chapter One "In Search of the Legend" - NW-DBF3JW9C4 ('The stone steps were made one step at a time ...')
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your recommendations have been added.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bumping again!
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Visually stunning: Smelly Mushroom Cave. Blood and Sand Unchained. These two quests show GREAT lighting and WONDERFUL character creations. The details are amazing IMO. The character animations and details are spot on.

Technically stunning and visually creative: Dungeons of Dread. A dungeon that makes you not hate dungeon delves! Also, so technically cool you want to steal all of his great ideas! (This is a longer quest that usually goes against my short quest rule but I was told I HAD to see it.. so I did. I wasn't sorry. I was stunned)

A story that sucks you in: A Hidden Blade. (From a campaign called "From the Shadows." This is a story that requires your participation. At first you run around hitting 1,1,1,1 and realize nothing is happening. Then you realize you actually have to READ the dialog to figure out what to do. Then you get sucked in! Then you try to imagine his storyboard and the planning that went into this story and can't even imagine.

Technical Masterpiece: B2 The Keep on the Borderlands: He hand made the Keep! AND all the maps FROM SCRATCH. His tricks are lack of tricks but just wonderful construction... and did I mention they are all done by hand?

Technical Masterpiece: The Beast Within: Again, totally handmade. Imagine an empty space and then look what he/she did. You find yourself looking for the components they used in the foundry and realize they don't exist! Wait. Those stairs don't exist! How did they... Wait this is an indoor map handmade on an outdoor map with multiple levels! How? How? How? :P

A Fun Adventure: Devil's Poker (from The Witch Hammer Chronicles) Excellent lighting in the tavern and very thematic.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought Yes, a kobold was funny.

Necropolis of Nightmare was sick from an environments perspective IMO
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finally, I've added your suggestions. I'll find the shortcodes when I log in, or if anyone knows them feel free to post them.

Keep your suggestions coming! Great list, Crok.
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest Orcus Unleashed if you want a straightforward power fight in a very fun environment. Orcus himself is crazy tough and the fights are just amazing. WATCH OUT FOR TRAPS AND TAKE A GROUP lol

I recommend Gloomlight for those who like a very in depth quest. Heavy in story and combat and all custom environments. Very cool to see!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. "Ask Not Whence the Thunder Comes": Amazing easter egg hunt; crazy 900 ft tall custom fortress (NW-DUGJKXYE8)
    2. "Ravenloft: Journey to Barovia": Super detailed environments; cool event encounters
    3. "Necropolis of Nightmare": Epic looking Necropolis; great cut scenes; well though illusion sequence
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nice idea! Here are two that I really enjoyed:

The Ruins of Webcrag (Chapter 1 of Into the Mind's Eye) by seanc84
    Short Code: NW-DEU18DHO6
    ---
    A dungeon crawl with enjoyable lore, good enemy placement, and some interesting level ideas.

The Three Sisters by ananvilhurtz
    Short Code: NW-DUFO3G89P
    ---
    This is meant to be played with 2 people. You might be able to solo (I did with a 44 Control Wizard), but it'll take a lot of potions. He says straight out that encounters are designed with 2 people in mind. I quite enjoyed the story.
  • Options
    thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Friendly question here. Are you only recommending Foundry dungeons that help to complete the daily Foundry quest?
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's only 1 thing I hate more than uncustomized Deathlock Wights (actually 2 in 1): backtracking and mob respawn on backtracking.
    This quest got both, yet it manages to be one of my favourite Foundry quests because it's so good at everything else, a must play.

Dwarven Dilemma - The Wobbly Leg
    @revolting
    Short Code: NW-DTNZTFYDS
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Friendly question here. Are you only recommending Foundry dungeons that help to complete the daily Foundry quest?

No, these are all quests that the people in this community found to be enjoyable. These aren't necessarily those that are featured on the front page or played by thousands. This is what we liked.

Also, finally updated! Yay!
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Good idea, I was thinking of making a thread like this myself. I have played a bunch of quests now (including a number of brand-new ones with few plays and no idea what to expect) and I have to say they are almost all of similar quality (ie. good) I could actually list most of them here. To be honest, I did not expect that but I have not played a quest yet that I thought was really bad. So kudos to everyone, and keep the great work coming!

I think the 2 best quests I've played for entertainment and a great story are (these are in no particular order):

1. Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator
    2. Obsidian Enclave: A Birthday Affair

I'll also recommend a couple of well-made dungeon crawls:

1. Storming Monte Hall
    2. Exarah's Tomb

And lastly, for creating a fantastic and huge world to explore:

1. Echoes of the Crown Wars
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    check out mine, in my sig. it's getting a good amount of plays and a 4.1 rating so far :)
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Here's two that I really enjoyed.

CH 1: Journey to Barovia (of the Ravenloft campaign)
    Short Code: NW-DMHM6HXH5
    ---
    I absolutely love this one. Does a good job getting the "Ravenloft" feel, and the areas are extremely well designed. If you want to see a good example of how to make a forest feel "full", should check it out. Granted, it's already under the "Best" tab, and doesn't necessarily need more reviews, but it's highly rated for very good reason.

Episode 1: Return From the Void (of the Echoes of the Crown Wars campaign)
    Short Code: NW-DRFKYD2CN
    ---
    This one does a great job of showing interesting NPCs, really well thought out looking areas, and incorporates the beginnings of "romanceable" NPCs (in a sort of Bioware style) that's supposed to continue in later quests. Still relatively new and could use some more reviews.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the recommendations guys.

@Vaelic - This thread is for quests that you enjoyed to be recommended, not your own quests.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played a nice short one that I enjoyed looking at the other night. I don't know why I loved it so much but I did. It's an RP setting and it's set at the faire. I THINK it's called Summer Faire. (Not be be confused with my Harvest Fayre -lol) Anyway, I really enjoyed the setting and played along with the environment.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It looks like "selective" suggestions at the OPs discretion here.

I do not approve this thread.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I recommend vaelic's quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    It looks like "selective" suggestions at the OPs discretion here.

I do not approve this thread.

Selective? There's nothing selective at all since I'm posting every quest that gets posted.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I'll give ya the benefit of doubt.

You missed a few.;)
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    Selective? There's nothing selective at all since I'm posting every quest that gets posted.

It's selective because I selected vaelic's quest Don't "Count" On It (NW-DQ3H4MXKG) to be recommended. I'll also go ahead and select Zahinder's second quest, Finding the Fen Wood. (NW-DQY5S2V2U)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    Visually stunning: Smelly Mushroom Cave. Blood and Sand Unchained. These two quests show GREAT lighting and WONDERFUL character creations. The details are amazing IMO. The character animations and details are spot on.

Out of curiosity , what happened to the blood & sand one? Volcxx?
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Out of curiosity , what happened to the blood & sand one? Volcxx?

No idea. I think he burned out getting the top foundry title first. (Maybe it was just grandmaster... not sure)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give ya the benefit of doubt.

You missed a few.;)

... I missed two posts and suddenly this list is invalid? Would it have been the same if those two posts weren't yours and a good friend of yours? Honestly, I expected better from you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    ... I missed two posts and suddenly this list is invalid? Would it have been the same if those two posts weren't yours and a good friend of yours? Honestly, I expected better from you.

Hey man, I honestly don't care that much. Spare me the patronizing. It was just brought to my attention by someone here on the forums. The point still stands though. If you're going to start a thread like this, you need to be objective. Hey, if you innocently missed a few, cool man. No hard feelings.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to point out that Dungeons of Dread (campaign) no longer exists and Necropolis of Nightmare is included in the new campaign named "Netho'relak Saga" and the short code is: NWS-DPIEHHOTE

Thanks for this.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lovepeas' Nightmare on Market Street is unbelievable. Can't believe no one suggested it yet.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Lovepeas' Nightmare on Market Street is unbelievable. Can't believe no one suggested it yet.

I was actually just thinking about that one lol but you beat me to the post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here