test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Art Asset Requests

Comments

• Options
    boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Casual costumes in general (just pants, shirts, hats, aprons, etc). And especially costumes that can be fitted to non-traditional npcs (clothing you'd like to put on skeletons for instance).

Lab stuff, lab stuff, lab stuff. Lab rooms, preset arcane rooms, lab equipment, lab devices, alchemical setups, experiments, etc.
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we please, please get more commoner/peasants outfits? I am a little bit sick of the current ones - every time I want to make a non-fighter NPC I have a choice of the same couple of outfits and TWO pair of non-combat loooking shoes - one of them being rag wraps :/ That way everyone looks like a beggar, and I think we can all agree that cities should have more diversity.

The ability to make our own clusters would be awesome.

Some kind of texture override, at least for terrains. I can have a flat surface of grass, but what if I want to make a desert?

More animal options, even a non-NPC ones (jumping frogs, swarming bees, etc) with option to resize animals to bigger or smaller versions.

CHILDREN NPC presets
    . Right now you either make the same fugly peasant boy or your re-sized and re-adjusted NPC looks like tiny adult (especially females, if you know what I mean)
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hollow prebuilt buildings please
    • Make them hollow so we can place them on maps and go inside them without map transitioning.
    • Do not place objects in them (tables, chairs etc) leave that to us.
    • Give them all the walls, staircases etc
    • Leave the doorsways open so we can place existing doors to open and close in them
    • Give us windows on them you can see out of.
    • Charge x cost in detail
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hollow prebuilt buildings please
    • Make them hollow so we can place them on maps and go inside them without map transitioning.

They are hollow now. Unfortunately the walls/floors are all one-sided (for graphics performance reasons I'm sure) and the "rooms" effectively have invisible walls between them. I am actually using the interior larger room of a larger house as a location for one of my "timer" encounters.

I agree though, I'd love to see house interiors that could be transitioned into - maybe even if it was only interiors where the one-sided graphics were on the inside instead.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    • Interior-only buildings for exterior maps
    The "inversion" of the existing buildings - how they have no graphics/textures viewed from inside, these would be only viewable from inside and the graphics for the exterior could be blank.

They could be hidden on the edge of or underneath the terrain and allow us to transition/teleport from exterior doorways to empty interiors elsewhere.
  • Options
    thebetafishythebetafishy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I originally posted this under the "interiors/rooms" thread because these are my wishes for housing props. This might be a more suitable thread for it though.

I'd love to see some or more of the following:

non-magical mirrors
    furs / skins for floor and wall decoration
    bathtubs / small hand basins / washtubs for dirty clothing
    window boxes for flowers / herbs
    canaries (or similar) in a cage / fishbowls / mice or rats we can set to path around the room
    tapestries
    bunkbeds (and other bed types - esp. something between hay and fancy beds)
    looms
    mortar and pestle
    paper - blank and some with sketches or handwriting
    pianos (or, if that's not appropriate, some other type of interior musical instrument... large harps maybe?)
    vases/pots that will hold existing "outdoor" plants
    more interior plants. cacti? bamboo? (and pots that hang from the ceiling, etc.)
    more flooring options (tile, wood, etc.)
    stucco walls (whose color can be chosen by the author)
    pillows
    curtains/drapes for the various window types (in a variety of colors)
    more window and door varieties
    greater variety of paintings and sizes/shapes
    more interior lamps/candle holders
    kitchen-sized cooking spits
    primative lawn chairs? : )
    whatever might pass for an interior bathroom/washroom
    soap
    wood racks/newspaper-type racks
    towels
    kitchen sinks
    cooking kettles/pots/pans
    much wider variety of food and drink (at least a few items that clearly represent "fruit" or "vegetables", etc)
    small bathroom/kitchen/doorstep rugs
    more furniture style options (or at least more color options for the currently available couch/bed etc)
    cloth
    pile of dirty clothes
    writing utensils
    sheet music
    coat / clothing racks
    more kitchen-related canning bottles/cups/glasses
    small (and large) spiral staircases

... and last, but not least: non-aggressive music that would be a suitable background noise for interiors. I've been using the Blacklake soundtrack and the Tavern background music soundtrack for my homes - but I think those are my only two options at the moment. Everything else is combat-oriented. More soothing music options would be a fantastic way to allow us to control the mood of a space with less dialogue.

Thank you for everything you've given us! The Foundry is amazing! Love this game.
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing some other terrain options. Things like desert and jungle landscapes. Chult and Calimshan are two areas that would really be good to have. Then we have Kara-Tur, Al-Qadim, and Maztica as well. Neverwinter is fine, but it is by far NOT the center of the Forgotten Realms Universe. Also more elvish designed details and buildings as well. Hell even some halfling hobbles for a halfling themed area would be great to have. Those guys break their necks when they fall out of a standard bed :P
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of these have already been posted, but this is MY list.

Rooms on the Y axis. Let us use the Y axis for room layout and create stairways and ramps between them. Failing that, give us the staircase detail assets we can place to go up or down floors.

Multiple Cascading Objectives. While having multiple open objectives, completing one can open up multiple more. (eg. have A, B. Finish B, have A, C, D)

Encounter loot. No, I'm not talking about coinage or items, but I'd love to be able to have my kill objective (the last member of that encounter or encounters) drop a quest item.

Collect x items or kill x creatures. This one doesn't really need much explanation, except to say that it may only be viable on Cryptic Adventure Zone maps. That said, I'd love to have part of my story be playable on a map with other players, not in a private instance with a limited numer of other people.

Moveables. Have detail objects with defined moving animations on interact. perfect for a lever or a chest.

Customizable Encounters. A way to place anywhere from 1-10 creatures into an encounter and customize them based on difficulty (easy/standard/hard), role (brute/artillery/minion/skirmisher), letting us further alter them with costumes and a way to select their combat ability (ice/fire/lightning/physical/etc).

More variety in costumes. We have tons of male and female dwarves, but a very limited selection of non-humanoid creatures. I could really go for any or all of the nasties in the Monster's Manual. Carrion Crawlers, Oytugh, and although I can understnd the reluctance to put them in and risk UGC overshadowing their own, Dragons. It's in the name - Dungeons and Dragons! We have the dungeons, now give us the dragons!

Infighting. I'd love to be able to have one encounter fighting another, much like you have in one of your very early quests where a group of nashers runs into some zombies. As it stands, I need to use guards, but those aren't hostile to the PC after they've finished with the other encounter - and whose to say the other encounter won't finish them off first?

Triggers. I want detail objects that I can use as levers and switches. I won't go into a list of other assets I would like, mostly because they've already been said here and other threads, lots. I will mention these because without this functionality, we're limited.

Unique Costumes. Costume assets that make are unique - as in not things that would be available to PC's in game.

With the Foundry down, that's all I could come up with from memory, but I'm sure there's more (as if that wasn't enough)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Additional textures:

Wall
    Cave walls (Rough Walls stone walls)
    Additional Interior Wall Styles
    Alternate Stone Brick Walls
    Plain Wooden Walls/Floors

Floors
    Additional Tile Flooring
    Varied Wood Flooring
    More Varied Carpeting

Overall I just want As many different textures placed on existing assets as you are willing to devote.
    The larger the "color pallet" the more Unique and interesting the foundry content can be.
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My wish list:
    -Nice things instead of damaged, sloppy, or "filthy", i.e. hanging curtains, rugs, smaller beds, wells, wagons.
    -Cows! (We have steak dinners, but no cows, anywhere in the game.)
    -Gates, working gates would be even better. (To go with existing outdoor wooden fences.)
    -Oak trees.

Also, can we has our orange flowers back please? :o
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?348781-Orange-flowers-are-missing-from-vines
  • Options
    camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who says it's beef steak? It could be venison or pork ;)
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    camamar wrote: »
    Who says it's beef steak? It could be venison or pork ;)

Omg! DEER!!! :D
  • Options
    perigornperigorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the ability to put an monster or NPC in a pose and then click a button and "bang", they turn into a stone or metal statue. Then a color pallete comes up to change their hue, etc. That would be awesome.

Also a big thing for me is desert terrain and interiors, like Egyptian furniture, coffins, tombs, heiroglyphics, etc, or a t least a way to "reskin" and existing object with another texture.

these two simple things could open up whole new looks for adventures.
  • Options
    magic88255magic88255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    assets I need for my quest
    - a shovel
    - a fork
    - a mining pike
    - a broken window
    - broken glass
    - smaller gear
    - a lever
    - a broken door
    - a fireplace with wood and fire
    - a magical chain saw :)
    - humanoid flesh
    - a one grave hole asset
    sound
    - a single woman scream (Ahhhhhhh!)
    - broken glass sound
    - broken wood sound
    - door knocking sound
    FX
    - a hallucination/drug effect (map wide)
    NPC
    - hand/head/leg (any kind of limb that I can animate)
    Animation
    - a real digging animation with shovel, dirt, and the hole
    - a hair pulling/fighting mentally animation
    teleporter
    - stairs(in wood, for house)
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    perigorn wrote: »
    the ability to put an monster or NPC in a pose and then click a button and "bang", they turn into a stone or metal statue. Then a color pallete comes up to change their hue, etc. That would be awesome.

Also a big thing for me is desert terrain and interiors, like Egyptian furniture, coffins, tombs, heiroglyphics, etc, or a t least a way to "reskin" and existing object with another texture.

these two simple things could open up whole new looks for adventures.

Man you're psychic, I was thinking of this today at work. Saved me the trouble to type it in. I second this. Makes for some interesting statue transformations. And add your typical gargoyle statue and a gargoyle mob. Also, angel statues with evil gaping maws (yes, Weeping Angels). The Weeping Angel mobs don't have to be animated since you never see them move. Just a lot of scary poses please.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The illusionary objects are great. But, it would be very helpful if there were more sizes.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would love to have more variations of depth fades. All colors in a 1000x1000x10 or a 200x500x10 would be a great start as we could use them as floors walls or ceilings to acheeve different effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    veakariveakari Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to be able to costume my custom NPC's with a ghost effect. I'm not finding enough pre-made npc's to even resemble the various races, and looks available.

It would be something I'd like to see in the Slots category, where you can toggle the effect on or off for the whole dressed body.
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quite alot of great hings have been requested, not sure if this has but here it goes. Statues, humanlike/lizardlike etc. In normal/larger form perhaps. Should be easy to make. Simply put a greyish tone on the skin and att add a rock texture.

And facial hair to npcs advanced options. *Nods* :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Quite alot of great hings have been requested, not sure if this has but here it goes. Statues, humanlike/lizardlike etc. In normal/larger form perhaps. Should be easy to make. Simply put a greyish tone on the skin and att add a rock texture.

And facial hair to npcs advanced options. *Nods* :)

And DRESSES for females.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to have more kinds of floor boards. Theres no real decent wooden floor boards like the ones in preset houses.

Statues would be good too.
  • Options
    almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As for NPCs, it would be helpful to have dragon skins (white specifically, but all colors would be most useful as well)
    More magic-y details, like magic circles of more sizes and shapes, as well as beakers and alchemy stuffs as well.
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if this was said before, but we could really use some crop fields. Wheat fields are a familiar sight in villages and little towns - they add realism. If you make it low count as well, then we can effectievly cover large areas of land without it looking empty AND save assets at the same time.
  • Options
    foglhadhafoglhadha Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like some Celebrations style stuff. We need a cheerful music selection, Fireworks, Balloons, perhaps confetti on the floor. I am working on our foundry that starts with a celebration and things go bad. Not much in the way of Cheerful in the Foundry atm.
    neverwinter-sig.jpg
    Live a Celtic Legend. Play: The Four Relics of Eire - NWS-DMUA64N8G | Subscribe: @foglhadha
  • Options
    marhoofmarhoof Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haven't read all the posts but did a search and did not come up with this, a bladed pendulum trap or some type of swinging blade trap.
    My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog
    than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery,
    did dally at some time past with a randy goat?

Mandorallen (The Belgariad series by David Eddings)
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to have more kinds of floor boards. Theres no real decent wooden floor boards like the ones in preset houses.

Statues would be good too.
    You can make floorboards out of Human Building Trim 06. Flip them upside down so you don't have gaps.

Also, why are there no pillars that fit underneath the Dungeon Pillar Arched 01? Makes it very difficult to make taller dungeon room. ;)

Please can have small square dungeon pillar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I want more Dwarf stuffs!
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Large-scale sand, dirt, mud, and grass assets.

For when, say, we want a hill in an otherwise flat map, or do a sandy area or ... whatever.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    phatboakphatboak Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lots and lots more little decors I can place in my home, i.e, forks and spoons, assortments of food, souvenirs, small portrait to place on end tables, more plants and flowers, large furry rug to place in front of the fireplace, picnic basket with an assortment of picnic items clustered together, more animal varieties to populate the landscape, etc... The more the merrier
  • Options
    veakariveakari Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I'd really like to see an FX detail that is a "cone of silence". You could place it around encounters, or objects to stop sound effects from playing. Hard to do sleight of hand effects, when sounds you don't want creep in.

Quests by author @veakari include:

Campaign: Draboken Legacy
    NWS-DTDEV6A56

Quest: A Dying Man's Request
    NW-DGAEJTH7O.

Quest: A Sister's Vexation
    NW-DEQAMG8AX

Quest: While the Cat's Away
    NW-DJD8M4OQR

Current work in progress: Quest: When Darkness Falls
    NW-DNHHXYYET

~Veakari