test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legit players are nearly gone from NWO

okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
- I don't want to jump through walls
- I don't want to type /killme
- I don't want to run through mobs to die at certain point or mob
- I don't want to suicide bosses
- I don't want to exploit broken mechanics even for my economical advantage

Yet, EVERYONE now does it. Getting into a group of legit players to do a dungeon together is close to impossible.
Last CN boss dropping BiS stuff can be farmed 2 times per hour and this haven't been fixed yet!

Numbers:
500 +/- guildmates
three weeks ago: 100 +/- online same time
since last week: 10-15 +/- online same time (most of them being fresh lvl 60s haven't experienced broken end-game yet, older players are gone)

What have we got? 1.5 GB patch with future content. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
(I'm not into creating ranting/whining threads but you Cryptic guys had it coming. Either you don't care or you are just unable to fix your own game. You need a month to fix an invisible hole in the wall? I have never seen any content so broken as this game)
Post edited by okaminosuke on

Comments

• rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, epic T2s are just not fun. 99% of groups "exploit" game mechanics to get them done faster. Time to rework/retune the T2s Cryptic. Oh, wait, you have 1 day left, then we're off to RIFT ;-P
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Insist that your party do the dungeon correctly, if not, kick them if lead, or leave and find another group....... I agree it's ridiculous that there is so much exploitation occurring in dungeons..... but it's only happening because other people go along with it..... when you refuse the most they can do is whine, call you a ****, leave or kick you, try running with guildies instead.

If you'd like, you're more than welcome to join my guild if you're on Dragon..... I'm the GL, and we're all pretty tired of the exploitation as well, our own groups don't use them.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »
    Insist that your party do the dungeon correctly, if not, kick them if lead, or leave and find another group....... I agree it's ridiculous that there is so much exploitation occurring in dungeons..... but it's only happening because other people go along with it..... when you refuse the most they can do is whine, call you a ****, leave or kick you, try running with guildies instead.

If you'd like, you're more than welcome to join my guild if you're on Dragon..... I'm the GL, and we're all pretty tired of the exploitation as well, our own groups don't use them.

Then you're wasting your time. It takes 0 skills to complete the instance without exploiting. It only takes more time which is going to take even more time after the nerfs. Why do people exploit? Because they don't fix it and because that's all there is to do.
    edited June 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Then you're wasting your time. It takes 0 skills to complete the instance without exploiting. It only takes more time which is going to take even more time after the nerfs. Why do people exploit? Because they don't fix it and because that's all there is to do.

The problem with the world today is everyone's in a hurry, well guess what, you in my group, you slow the hell down and do it right or i kick you.
  • chitsuphrenechitsuphrene Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Play Spellplague Cavers and only Spellplague Cavers, the one and only dungeon where all of this ****y jump / killme / run stuff is not working.

They should do this with every dungeon.
    edited June 2013
    WTF does that have to do with what he said? He's right. It's Cryptic's fault that these exploits and shortcuts are still in the game, after they've all been reported to them for weeks and months.

Cryptic doesn't care about fixing these shortcuts and exploits. They only cared about the Pirate King chest exploit because Kripparian streamed it to thousands of people and the various GF 1-shot exploits.

Do you see them fixing any of these shortcuts or recent exploits? Nope, not a single one. CN 3 boss skip / fall through window exploit is in full swing right now and they still haven't fixed it. Not to mention the spider queen suicide, Frozen Heart speed run, Karrundax campfire hopping, and half dozen CN shortcuts. There isn't a T2 dungeon in this game that doesn't have a shortcut and/or exploit.

If you'd bother to read the "balance changes" blog on the front page of the site, you'd see these things are getting fixed in the gauntlegrym update...... until then, people who are using these exploits are not at all playing the game the way it was intended..... do you see a **** achievment for exploiting your way through a dungeon? No? Gee I wonder why. People who use such exploits are just lazy useless sots, and people that I generally do not care to play with.
  • zesyrazesyra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »

/agreed.
    It's same with me as a Tank: if someone insists to pull, he can tank, I'll stand next to him and watch him die gladly. If someone exploits: you can use the shortcut, but I will not go with you, so you're either alone or I'm alone and wait til you come back or leave the group.
    We as guild even have a rule against this: Don't play with idiots.
    tenkuro wrote: »

I've used exploits, I commit. It might be time wasting to do the dungeons correct. But it's so much more of a good feeling to:
    - manage to control and kill all the adds
    - to take the long way
    - to agree that your healer gets knocked down, pushed away or whatever because he's not standing at a safe spot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All very good points,

but...

...there has never been a game created that can't be cheated, and yet there are people who play these games all of the time without cheating.

Perhaps, "because I can," is not the best reason to do something. Every single person cheating in a game, acting on the principle of, "because I can," is dependent on others, in their real life, not taking the same attitude. Hypocrisy at its best.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited June 2013
    Ahh, the big patch, I mean, carrot on a stick. Yeah, let's wait for that patch when the AH is already flooded with T2 / CN gear from exploits that have been reported for weeks and months.

Have fun playing by yourself then. Or with your 4 other white knight friends that enjoy wasting hours on clearing endless waves of trash mobs for no reason other than to be able to tell people on the forums about being dumb enough to do dungeons without using shortcuts and exploits. Gotta love holier than thou schmucks like you.

I will enjoy the game just fine with you not playing it thankyou, I will enjoy the game with you playing it, couldn't care less either way, but if you play with me, you'll play right.
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    problem w free games nothing to lose even if pwe gets of their butts and actually does something
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    MMOs breed this kind of game play by default imo. Its like a fad, a style of play. Cheat hard and fast. Actually log on and seek out exploits, not stumble on them. Find them, with all haste!... sad
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    MMOs breed this kind of game play by default imo. Its like a fad, a style of play. Cheat hard and fast. Actually log on and seek out exploits, not stumble on them. Find them, with all haste!... sad

mmo games tend to get a lot of people with low self esteem who think their video game accomplishments actually mean anything in the real world. they usually tend to be a bit aggressive and emotionally unstable. it is what it is.

like the guy calling people casuals like being able to play video games all day and night is some type of life accomplishment.

personally i like to take my time and enjoy a game. if i want to impress someone ill break out some physics problems that will give you headaches to solve, lol.
  • zesyrazesyra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Closing threads about important, game-breaking issues without any explanation...Letting these issues go for weeks...I'm afraid this could mean this game is meant to fail, they just want to grab as much money they can until people refuse to participate in this broken gameplay...And I actually liked the combat very much... :(

Those threads are closed because they're destructive, end up in spam and trollery and never come up with any usefull feedback. Good Feedback is not "Mommyyyyy? The other kids are stupid little brats I dont wanna play with them." It's more like "Hey Mom, look. There are these kids that took my favorite toy away from me and now I don't feel like playing with them anymore. I'd like to see that changed, we could for example convince them that stealing another childs toy is not nice."

What do you suppose the Community Team can do about these exploits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Aye 't is a sad state of afairs.
    Worse still, the many exploiters are actually proud of their abuse and consider themselves superior to honest players, rather then the scum they are.
    Those little of us left have no choice but to join in on this exploiting, as it's nigh impossible to find a party willing to play legit.
    Honestly, a temporary ban for all those who are abusing broken dungeon design is in order imo.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    conq2 wrote: »
    I love kicking all these white knights from dungeon's, that refuse to use any short cuts. this is an MMO, it's about min-maxing time played, Any decent mmo/rpg player will tell you that they would rather do 5 runs of a dungeon over 1-2. It's not our fault that the closed beta tester's were useless and couldn't find any of this stuff (or that cryptic were too lazy to fix it).

Cool story bro !

How about you put a party together that want to exploit content first and then everyones happy.You don't need to play with *white knights* and they don't need to play with you.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itscad wrote: »
    OP and his fanbois = casuals detected
    These are probably the same people who rock up to T2s in crappy greens and blues.

Nolife hardcore detected

These are the type of people who cry on the form when they get the ban hammer.

lol
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zesyra wrote: »
    What do you suppose the Community Team can do about these exploits?

Speaking loudly about things that need to be done, or should have been done, is the only thing community can do. This is not a thread about some minor annoyances in the game. This thread is about new game being already BROKEN, last words of desperate player who actually enjoyed the game when it wasn't exploited by almost whole population.
    edited June 2013
    conq2 wrote: »
    It would actually be better if the people who wanted to waste everyone else's time found their own groups, I guarantee that at least 80% of the people queuing dungeons wants to do it as fast as possible, you just get the one pig headed player who wants to search everywhere and kill every mob and hey, that's fine if you want to play like that feel free, just don't waste other peoples time.

The queue is poor.

Regardless,put together your own group,this way you are assured of getting like minded players join and likely the classes you prefer as well.

legit players should be doing this too.

If I feel like doing fast runs I'll pug,when with friends however we take our time and social.
  • derangedmaniacderangedmaniac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My guild does everything legit. Ran through CN and did 3/4. Still, once we beat a dungeon, we have no problem later running through mobs of trash to die at a certain point. The trash has no value to kill in dungeons and is a complete waste of time. Only reason we stopped at 3/4 was because it took 4 hours to do that the legit way. It's a massive time sink all that trash to wade through. Same thing with spellplague. Did that all the way legit. Took 6 hours to complete. Not everyone has that time to dedicate to a dungeon run. 6 hours of a run for a single person in the group to maybe get a purple they can upgrade with? That's the reward? 1 person in 6?

Stupid cruddy mechanics in this game and game design. Oh and using your environment to kill mobs such as knocking them off ledges or using traps is a legit way to deal with monsters. If you don't like doing it, then don't. If the developers don't want to allow knocking stuff off ledges they can remove the knockback mechanic from the game or they can do what they did for the 3rd boss of castle never. They put invisible walls around all the ledge there and you can't knock anything off.

Sidenote, I haven't nor will I use some fall through the world bug. I have been screwed though in CN as a TR. I was doing duelist furry when the cleric in my group used flamestrike. I ended up somehow on top of the map. That was annoying. Still, it's one thing to run through an area and train a bunch of monsters to make it to the next safe point. There is always the chance you die before doing so and don't make it.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Were not gone, we just Hide in guild's and try to pretend that these "kiddies" who need to cheese everything because they have no idea how to play don't exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seen a lot of exploiting in a lot of games but this has to be the first game I have ever seen exploiters trying to claim that those who don't exploit are somehow in the wrong lol.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just a heads up, they are banning people speedrunning dungeons, so i figure they do care. They are also patching these issue's, maybe not at the speed that everybody desires, but im pretty sure they have other stuff to attend to aswell.
    I for one wil enjoy the crywave after the patch hits, and the ocasional ban thread on the forums "i was banned for no reason q.q"

Enjoy the content, ore how about stop playing if u dont?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have given up doing any PUG T2 runs because of all this exploiting rubbish. Now I only go with guild groups, when anybody is on that is. Guild has gone from just over 100 active members to about 10 regular players and a lot of it is due to all the exploits, WOW boy zerg rushers and general idiots in the game. Cryptics lack of effective response to anything is also not helping (people blatantly asking for CN groups who know all shortcuts in zone chat is getting ridiculous).
    I really hope something is done soon or I will be bowing out of Neverwinter very soon :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If u read the forums ever so often, u would have noticed that people have already been banned for speed clearing.
    They are not banning regulars who do this, but people who do nothing else then speedruns and are advertising it.

With that said, who cares play how u want, but i for one like to play a game for the fun of gaming, not to look at it like a job "must make money, more money, MOAR I TELL U, at all cost!!"

I highly doubt these speedrunners wil stil be here in 6 months time, they get fat/bored and quit and hop to the next game. Ore they get banned, go on a forum tantrum and be gone.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    You casual white knights are the minority, not the majority in this game.

Sorry, just for my understanding: what's hardcore about taking the easiest cheesiest route and what's casual about figuratively wanting to fight uphill through snow both ways?
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A lot of the exploiting initially comes from frustrated players put into overtuned dungeons just wanting to get the thing finished. Some of it comes from being fed up with badly designed bosses, dragons come to mind here. Personally I don't exploit, that's also why I've never seen the end of Castle Never. I get to those 3 wight commanders and want to fight them rather than kite them to the bridge.

To be fair, after respeccing my tank and trying him out on the test server we've been playing with broken characters(much like you'd expect from a beta) so hopefully a lot of the frustration will vanish after the 20th. Tanks that can hold aggro and actually take a hit should help out quite a bit. Still unsure about the cleric's shield, but we'll see.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They haven't banned anyone recently for speed clearing dungeons. People do it everyday and haven't even gotten a temporary ban, let alone a permaban. They haven't even fixed the major CN wall exploit that lets you skip the first 3 bosses, nor have they banned anyone that has done it for days straight already. I know because I see people do it all day, everyday.

You kids are delusional if you think Cryptic cares enough about shortcuts and exploits to ruin their more hardcore playerbase by banning everyone doing it. You casual white knights are the minority, not the majority in this game. The majority of players use shortcuts and exploits. They've already done several ban waves back in May. Those ban waves crippled the playerbase enormously. Right now, Neverwinter is on life support because most people either quit, got banned, or is waiting for the 20th.

Crippled? On life support? Drama queen?
    I play on Mindflayer. The population has not dropped one bit. If you haven't noticed the bans come in waves. It seems as though Cryptic does some investigating,gathers a list and then BAM!! Buh bye cheaters. They go all at once. Three days later no one notices or even remembers they played. Now having said that. Running a dungeon fast is fine. Avoiding pulls that are unnecessary should be encouraged and is smart play. Avoiding pulls that when you kill one thing it spawns 4 much larger meaner things is also smart play. Using glitches through walls,rocks,terrain, jumping in holes to skip parts of dungeons is flat out cheating and people should and are banned for it.creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-please-enlighten-again-me-on-how-it-s-ok-to-cheat-just-because-you-can-8a8739.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • kelanoriakelanoria Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /barbarian mode on

it s not cleverness or anything, it s cowardice ! fight the **** mobs
    YAWP !

/barbarian mode off
This discussion has been closed.