test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling through foundry - post your foundry!

2»

Comments

• caveman1ccaveman1c Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi.

Please try my little quest. Kind of traditional quest, but there are some selections you can make and little randomization that influence your playthrough. I just updated it so it should last around 20 minutes and be soloable.

NW-DRA2B3PNL
    Lost Friend

Your old friend Hank Slo-Mo sent you a letter few weeks ago in which he asked you to meet him some day. He mentioned he had discovered something big. You have no idea what his 'big' could be, but since you have nothing better to do you decide to pay him a visit. He is not at home and his neigbours could only tell that he was last seen in a bar with a local merchant.

Groups and those who like fighting can choose to take harder route if they want more combat

Combat: moderate
    Puzzles: some
    Players: 1-2

v.1.1.130610
    My Foundry quest
    Lost Friend NW-DRA2B3PNL
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    Hey guys
    I want to level my thief through foundry to lvl 60, so if you want, I will play yours foundry. I am now 30 lvl.
    Pls post your foundry in comment, but I have few conditions:
    -solo foundry (I dont have group, pls dont post any group foundry)
    -With story (I wont play any grinds quest)
    -Max duration 45 minutes

I am only casual player, so maybe it will take a time while I will play your foundry:)
    And feel free to play my foundry (but its not necessary but I will appreciate it:) - its in my signature)

Mine fits your description well. It's story driven, fairly open ended, and about 20-25 min.
    See sig. Thanks!
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My quest fits all the criteria, except it's not story-driven. The reason for that is it's mainly a prologue from something bigger that may form... eventually. It's mainly serious with a touch of humour. Anyway, it's A Surprise Siege and it's info is in my sig. Hope you'll give it a whirl. I also hope that you'll give it a critique (the link to the forum post to leave critiques is attached in my sig), but that's not necessary.
    Best,
    Casten
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quest in signature :) Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    *possible spoilers ahead*

Okay, so, I enjoyed the difficulty as well as the staggering of enemies of your quest, dugada. They were placed far enough away from each other that it didn't seem like you (the creator) didn't just make it about important figures to battle. The atmosphere was also well done for both the camp area and interspace.

I had a real problem with the storytelling, though. The grammar I wasn't expecting to be extremely high-quality, because of the clues that show that English is not your primary language. That being said, my main concern was with the amount and type of information your characters gave. For example, the very first conversation starts with a bit of OOC text that explains what can already be seen. We know it's raining and because the people are not standing under any kind of cover, we can easily assume that they're getting soaked. That they need help is also apparent, by her request for help in the actual conversation. There was also some repetative speech in and between parts of the conversation. For instance, the mention of a storm in the second bit of converstaion of the first dialogue.
    The captain is also another example, but for other reasons. He seems extremely doubtful, then just gives in and believes whole-heartedly. There was even something about "the bandits could be in the hills," after immediately saying, "no, they're not out there." It doesn't seem so far fetched that the bandits could be out there, so his level of doubt diminishes the story.
    I can't really say I see the absolute necessity to go through interspace, either. If they just wait it out, the times will sync up anyway. It wasn't that far back in time that you were sent, either. So, the reason of entering interspace needs to show more necessity.
    In summary, watch for repetativeness of information and make sure things are sufficiently explained, through either dialogue (careful about explaining too much... just because people know of a spell, doesn't mean they know why the side-effects happen or that they've known how the side-effects will work) or through events that drive the story along (i.e. Temporal enemies start appearing and attacking (maybe with them shouting "we won't let you change the timeline!", in the case of your story).

Anyway, fix the storytelling and this will be a very awesome quest.
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • clintacusmaximusclintacusmaximus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    short code is NWS-DOQFT7APS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cuddlesmacheesecuddlesmacheese Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine sounds like a good fit for you.

See signature.
    "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh U1"

Part 1 - NW-DB9Q7NCWR
    Part 2 - NW-DHKJD78SM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quest in sig. A review is greatly appreciated. If you want to leave specific comments here is the thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?329031-Requesting-Review-Zanaver-s-Rod-(NW-DQUECIOMN)
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd be happy if you gave mine a try - "One Step to Darkness" [NW-DNJC9SK7A], however I should warn you that it also runs a little long if you talk to everyone so maybe save it for when you have more than 45 minutes or just go directly for the objectives (but then you miss story)?

If it's too much fuss it's ok, there are plenty of other good (and short) questies out there. :)
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    Hey guys
    -solo foundry (I dont have group, pls dont post any group foundry)
    -With story (I wont play any grinds quest)
    -Max duration 45 minutes

My foundry is solo and has a strong story element. I would appreciate it if you would play it! Details are in my signature.

Thank you.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine has minimal story (a total of one conversation with an NPC). Still, I like to think that that conversation, the quest objectives, and the interact options in it are funny and worth the time. It's about 20 minutes long. If you play it, please let me know what you think.
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Might as well throw my hat into the ring, too.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    I was afraid to add mine lest I overload you, but just in case you need more, I hope you enjoy the one in my signature.
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
  • boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have some time would love your thoughts on mine as well. It's hovering around 48 to 49 minutes, so a few minutes higher than what you mentioned, so I understand if you prefer not to but thought I'd throw it out as an option just in case! :) Details in sig!

Thanks!
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG