test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

multiple dialogue prompts

thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hey all,
I'm trying to have a dialogue lead to having NPCs walk away from or fight the PC. Is multiple prompts broken or is it something that doesn't work in the Foundry but does when published? I'm wanting to have two commoners come up to the PC and demand a toll to travel down a street. The PC can either pursuade them to leave or fight them. I have two NPCs appear to walk away or to fight but the original NPCs who start the conversation remain even when they are set to disappear at two different dialogue prompts.

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you select multiple dialogue prompts to have the NPC disappear at, they only disappear when each of those dialogue prompts has been reached, not when just one has been reached. Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OOOOOOH... well... that does. thanks wuhsin. I guess that's part of the either/or we dont have access to.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thelastria wrote: »
    OOOOOOH... well... that does. thanks wuhsin.

You're welcome. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just have the dialogue end with a single prompt where the NPC disappears. Then you have the NPC/Encounters appear when two dialogue prompts have been reached, one being the choice between fighting them or intimidating them, and the other being the prompt where the NPC disappears. Two ANDS make an OR, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]