test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invoking! Is this correct?

cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So a buddy of mine and I have found that....

When you Invoke the gods ONLY the first 3 times in a day will you get AD that you can refine? People are stating that you can refine 24K AD/day from invoking but I don't see how they are getting that many.

Correct?
Post edited by cnynridr2 on

Comments

• Options
    zombiesxiiizombiesxiii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes only the first 3x a day does invoking grant AD. The other AD is gotten from doing Skirmishes when the AD event is on, doing the daily foundry quest, etc. But no way 24k from invoking.
  • Options
    ravenmark#2240 ravenmark Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get it all all the time and often, more than 3 per day (on good days).
    cnynridr2 wrote: »

When you Invoke the gods ONLY the first 3 times in a day will you get AD that you can refine? People are stating that you can refine 24K AD/day from invoking but I don't see how they are getting that many.

Correct?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay two different answers. Anyone else? to break the tie! :)
  • Options
    zombiesxiiizombiesxiii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Huh, I've never gotten more than the first 3x per day, I've only gotten up to lvl 30 but yeah, never more than that... perhaps others are more fortunate?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay thx Zombie!! Yea same no more than 3 times per day. I know I can't be that unlucky.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My character is an atheist and refuses to ask money from gods...
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xratas wrote: »

Then your character is a fool....
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cnynridr2 wrote: »

Correct?

What rewards you get for invoke are random. So you simply got lucky for the first 3 invokes then where unlucky. Remember you have a chance to get the Ardent coin I think it is every time you invoke as well and look at how often one of those shows up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    It's random. The first time you invoke per day you get a special result with your coins and lots of exp and AD. After that there's 4 possible outcomes, though it seems you have a better chance of getting the better outcomes the first few times you invoke, then after that it's much less likely.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have only ever gotten stuff from the first 3 invocations but I have also noticed that the "day" doesn't reset at night. it is sometime in the middle of the day here in the US. So it may appear random.

You can also get AD from doing dailies. You can get it from doing skirmishes during the 1 hour event time. Invoking, some professions jobs and some loot drops in a few quests. You can also get refined diamonds by trading in idols that drop from the locked boxes, (40,000 per) from selling items on the broker and from people tipping your awesome foundry quests.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    caidencaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 24,000 AD a day is the maximum amount you can Refine, from Rough Astral Diamonds. You can get a couple thousand from praying, the rest comes from Dailies.
  • Options
    beriad1beriad1 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    lol at both of you
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What rewards you get for invoke are random. So you simply got lucky for the first 3 invokes then where unlucky. Remember you have a chance to get the Ardent coin I think it is every time you invoke as well and look at how often one of those shows up.

There is some randomness in the rewards (you might get a random potion and you will get a random buff), but you only get AD the first 3 times you invoke per day (I'm not sure what constitutes a new "day" - when I invoke early in the morning Eastern Time I'm actually invoking for the prior day). Also you get an ardent coin and a celestial coin the first time you invoke in a "day" - as mentioned above, the new day seems to start either late morning or early afternoon Eastern Time.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back a week or two ago, I kept records of the invokes on my six characters, for three days. While there was a little bit of wiggle in the XP given, the diamonds seemed to be a straight number based on level. And the AD reward from the three invokes decreased consistantly - the second invoke was 2/3 of the first, and the 3rd was 1/3 of the first. Two characters in their 30's, got 500/335/165 diamonds. Two characters in their 20's got 375/250/125.

I haven't bothered keeping records since, but I Invoke consistantly on all my characters. First invoke of the day gives coins, AD, XP, and a buff. 2nd and 3rd invokes (1 hour later for each) give AD, XP, and buff. Every invoke after that gives a buff and sometimes a potion. Every day, on all six characters. It's really not all that random.
  • Options
    kelventarkelventar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda wish you didn't get experience from invoking.

Leveling, in my opinion, is already hella fast and I've gotten nearly 4 levels just from invoking. Toss in the 2 XP boosters from the catastrophe pack and all I'll need to do is sneeze and I'll be max level. :/
  • Options
    kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    It's random. The first time you invoke per day you get a special result with your coins and lots of exp and AD. After that there's 4 possible outcomes, though it seems you have a better chance of getting the better outcomes the first few times you invoke, then after that it's much less likely.
    ^-this.
    The first time is 100% chance. Then it goes down to like 90, 70, 50, 30, 10... you get the idea.
  • Options
    rawhedrexrawhedrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Giggle.....
  • Options
    iceslidefalleniceslidefallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Invoking the gods is stupid.

I have gone up two levels with a charter by loging in and invoking...

Whats up with that?
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    buff (100% chance each invoke)
    AD (100% first invoke, but random amount, each additional invoke has a lower chance, BUT also can never be as high an amount as any 1 invoke that came before it that day)
    coins (1 a day, each) (I NEVER got more than 1 ardent, even with some days invoking 12+ times on 1 toon)
    potions/other (not sure)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    AD (100% first invoke, but random amount, each additional invoke has a lower chance, BUT also can never be as high an amount as any 1 invoke that came before it that day)

The AD is not random, it's a set amount based on your level bracket (my lv30-39 characters get the same amount every day. When they hit 40 it goes up, and then stays there til they hit 50). The second and third invokes each day give 2/3rds and 1/3rd of the original amount.

(Only difference is the absolute first time you invoke, they give you 1450 if I recall correctly.)

The xp you get is a set amount, directly related to your level. (My lv33 character got the same amount every day, when she hit 34 it went up 40xp, and was equal to the amount my other lv34 character was getting.) The xp gained is halved for each of the next two invokes. (So, if you got 1000xp on the first, the second would be 500xp, and the third is 250xp.)
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    buff (100% chance each invoke)
    coins (1 a day, each) (I NEVER got more than 1 ardent, even with some days invoking 12+ times on 1 toon)
    potions/other (not sure)

Not random. The amount of AD rewards for invoking is now (and has been for a while) based on the level of the character doing the invoking. At least as long as I've been playing. And as others have said, you only get AD the first three invokes of the day. Again, it varies by level but the second and third invoke generally give 2/3 and 1/3 of the first invoke.

*LOL, kiralyn beat me to it. I type to slow.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 7 character slots, not all of them are serious but 5 are (one of each class).
    What I have observed:

The first invoke per "day" (it varies WHEN this is and I cannot figure out why, perhaps the first time that character prayed ever??) grants you a bunch of AD and your coins.

After that, it *seems*, from a tinfoil hat perspective that if you have ANY of the invoke prayer "buffs" active, it just gives another buff. If your buffs are expired, you have about a 50-50 chance at a smaller amount of AD (about 1/2 of the first time roughly). This makes log in and out fast just to pray less profitable. Best to play a bit on each character as you go.

But that is not absolute, I know sometimes I have a buff active and it gives AD, but the characters that have no buff at all get them more often.

As for getting AD per day, leadership quests & dailys give you AD. To get 24k a day takes a lot of work, half that is more reasonable for someone playing the actual game rather than farming the game.

Its a lot more efficient to farm in parallel with a bunch of characters than to try to hit the cap on ONE. That is, I can make 50k on 5 characters easier than capping 2 characters, a LOT easier...!!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't remember ever getting AD after the first 3 times myself.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes, that's very tinfoil hat.

I've been invoking on six+ characters for weeks. Several of them, I just log into, invoke, refresh crafting, and log out (I concentrate on actually questing with only one or two at a time). So I know that having an active buff doesn't effect what you get next. I've had characters with up to four buffs active simultaneously, it doesn't change anything.

First invoke of the "day" - 1 ardent coin, 1 celestial coin, "Full" AD value (based on level bracket), "Full" XP value (based on level), a buff.
    Second invoke - 2/3rds of the full AD, 1/2 of the full XP, buff
    Third invoke - 1/3rd of full AD, 1/4 of full xp, buff.
    Four+ - buff

Every single time. The only random event is whether you get a potion or not.

(and yes, I spent a week writing down all the numbers on six characters, for three invokes a day. The only thing that ever changed the numbers I got was when they gained levels.)
  • Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013

Pretty dumb to be an atheist in this game. Clearly the god in this game DOES do something.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mattplex wrote: »
    Pretty dumb to be an atheist in this game. Clearly the god in this game DOES do something.

Athiests can just consult the aliens for their AD and buffs. "Yo ET! A little help here?!" ;)
  • Options
    judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mattplex wrote: »

Clearly an in-game atheist is like a Real Life theist: dogmatic positive belief in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. An odd role-playing choice for sure.
  • Options
    neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Invoke times are based on when you first prayed. First time you pray you get coins , ad, xp buff an whatnot. 24hrs from the time you prayed and received the coin is when you will get another coin.Celestial coins also decay if you dont pray for 29hrs after you receive it.
  • Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    Clearly an in-game atheist is like a Real Life theist: dogmatic positive belief in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. An odd role-playing choice for sure.

hahaha Yup

"GOD DOESN'T EXIST"
    "Umm I just prayed to him and got cash and experience"
    "NOPE NO EVIDENCE"
    "Well I just levelled up and got more AD... The evidence is pretty concrete."
    "NOPE DOESN't EXIST"
    "Ok whatever buddy... Missing out on free **** here."
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

In the land of Faerun, he'd be a Faithless... and his soul is doomed to be stuck into a wall and dissolved into nothingness after his demise...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*