test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use.

2»

Comments

• creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    So you are saying you want to roll need on your cleric for TR gear for your alt lol.

You must be trolling :) good try u almost had me there.

No troll... I spent an entire hour during Dungeon Delves the first night I hit level 60 with my rogue getting booted from PUGs before I would even load the dungeon screen because groups were looking for a cleric. So I rolled a cleric, and I am about to hit level 60 and now won't be able to even use my cleric to farm gear for my rogue. The seal vendors only sell class-specific gear, seals can't be traded and up until 60 you'll never get enough of any one kind of seal to buy anything... soooo the cry baby carebears win again I guess.

This is my first MMORPG since SWG, how do other games solve this issue?
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Dumbest fix ever. Its a completely useless fix. You are so short sighted. It doesnt stop the fully geared player getting items by default. \

Yea...just as it doesn't stop you from getting gear by default either...seriously man....some people will NEVER be happy until they just have everything peroid (I want to roll 100 on every roll). Guess what sherlock. If something drops for your class you are much more able to actually get it. Regardless of you needing it as an upgrade you will make money of it if its not, as will they, as w
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    Yea...just as it doesn't stop you from getting gear by default either...seriously man....some people will NEVER be happy until they just have everything peroid (I want to roll 100 on every roll). Guess what sherlock. If something drops for your class you are much more able to actually get it. Regardless of you needing it as an upgrade you will make money of it if its not, as will they, as w

Or Need would just render the item bound on pick up and everyone could shut up about this stuff.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • oneticonetic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem with this game compared to others is that the system is based all on massive greed. You can get any item via rolls, sell it for AD and buy shop items or sell on the black market (against TOS) etc.... This game has made people AD greedy, it's that simple.

Bind on pickup works a treat, but then people wouldn't buy shop stuff to sell for AD so they could buy those items. PW wont do that as they will shoot themselves in the foot with those loss of sales. They don't care that people quit because of it, as long as new people come into the game to do the same thing.

They need to make the loot drop separately for everyone and reduce the drop rates to bugger all compared to what they are now (increase loot table with blues on bosses etc...) This is the only fix I can see that would keep people buying shop stuff to sell for AD etc... and make PW and others happy IMO.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Rift loot system is THE best loot system for the following reasons:

1- You can ONLY "Need" on an item if you can actually BENEFIT from it.
    a - It's not just based on class - it's based on stats and level.

If they ever do that here they will first need to seriously rework their system for determining what loot you should equip. At the moment it appears to be based entirely on the value of the item so they recommend you equip a level 20 green item over a level 50 white item because the level 20 sells for more to a merchant. Given their current system I really don't want them deciding for me if I could benefit from a new piece of gear or not.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The whole rolling against your team for loot is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stupid design. I hate this kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in games. Just give everyone their own loot, with out having to compete with people on your team, and if i get something you can use and you get something i can use thats what trading is for.

As was stated, Dungeons and Dragons Online does this and it really is the perfect system. It is amazing how much hate and rage gets exchanged in PvE dungeons simply because they make us compete with each other for loot. If all chest, drops, and crafting nodes could be looted by each player there would be no competition and no hate.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    As was stated, Dungeons and Dragons Online does this and it really is the perfect system. It is amazing how much hate and rage gets exchanged in PvE dungeons simply because they make us compete with each other for loot. If all chest, drops, and crafting nodes could be looted by each player there would be no competition and no hate.

QFT.

Cryptic has used similar systems before COH is like this. STO as well. There is no bickering, no competing with your party. I cant understand why such a system has such resistance and why so many people cling to the whole need/greed system. As is some magic fix is going to take away all the problems it has.

If you give someone a choice. Someone else, no matter what choice was made, will be unhappy with it.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes no maybe
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is something that Rift does that I have always wished for in Cryptic Games. Now if only STO would follow suit on such a loot rule I think we'd all be very happy. :)

Keep up the awesome work, guys.

How could STO actually benefit from this? Considering that the only equipment in STO that is concerned about class is kits. 99% of the endgame drops is something that the entire team could use in theory. Only possible method for STO is need makes equipment bind on pickup and greed makes equipment bind on equip.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Or Need would just render the item bound on pick up and everyone could shut up about this stuff.

Wouldn't stop the "I need the money! That's not greed!" jerks from rolling Need on everything they could, just to sell it for the 1g60. "Who cares if someone could have used that? I needs gold!"

:mad:
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nice !

Doesn't really effect me tho seeing as I run with friends and everyone passes on non class gear.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Wouldn't stop the "I need the money! That's not greed!" jerks from rolling Need on everything they could, just to sell it for the 1g60. "Who cares if someone could have used that? I needs gold!"

:mad:

Combine the 2 systems then, the one in the patch notes is a pretty funny way to make sure only certain classes make any decent money in CN :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    I dont know if its a "perfect" fix. What I have no doubt is that its BETTER and will screw lots of ninjas, so good for me.
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Combine the 2 systems then, the one in the patch notes is a pretty funny way to make sure only certain classes make any decent money in CN :D

that is because you are just looking at the here and now.

if class balance changes the demand for the items will change with it.

try not to think in a vacuum.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Terrible solution to the loot problem clearly tailored to appease the vocal minority of 'cry the loudest babies'

The obvious & most sensible solution was to bind on pickup needed items and remove the scrap gold value for these items

This however has solved nothing & has lead to the frustration of the majority of players.... good job cryptic good job.
    edited June 2013
    if you make everything bop and worthless people have no reason to run the dungeons once they have their items. if they can be sold for AD people have reason to continue going.

i am sure there will be a lot of needing on things people dont really need, but chances are that will just become common. if you can need, you do. it will average out over time.

if you are worried about certain classes items being worth more, that is simply because there are a couple broken classes in the game atm nobody wants to spend money on. once they are adjusted it will level out.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    best solution would be...

remove Need/Greed from loot choices, and simply place round robin as default.

(also making round robin not select someone that couldn't use it would be nice)
    _______

even with off class toons unable to need an item, you still have an intrusive window asking you to select greed or pass, and if you happen to be able to use it you get a 3 choice selection, often in mid fight, and distracting you or some of your team from the hostiles. all around need/greed has NO MERIT for being in a game that requires you to leave combat (press alt) in order to move mouse courser.
    edited June 2013
    a game that requires you to leave combat (press alt) in order to move mouse courser.

you do realize there are shortcuts so you can select need/greed/pass with a keystroke right?

anyhow, there is no perfect solution.

round robin sounds nice until you have 2 of the same class and only one class item drops. one person doesnt even get a chance.
    no matter how you spin it, someone is not going to like the solution.
  • stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    this is bad - specially for enf game farming with PUg-s and such - Up until lvl 50 the dungeons almost never drop wiz gear - boss loot tables dont even have any orbs or such.

So what am i running for then if i cant even get gear to sell at AH?

Not to mention that majrity of the groups has more then one of xx class so they are at a diadvantage with loot.

So if i hit 60... i cant farm anymore unless i magically get a groups of friends (that dont exist).

i have greeded normally on stuff i cant use - but there simply is no wiz stuff dropping off bosses so i have no chance to make any money now.

That's what guilds are for. Join a good one and you won't have to worry about that. This is a good change to the looting system, "needing" an item to sell it is called "greed". That's why you have the greed option.

Your train of thought is exactly why this has been implemented. You're trying to justify needing on an item you can't use because you want to sell it.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »

Okay let me say it sllllooowwwly just for you. You should read the entire post.

Every dungeon i run there are two CW and i am one. Statistically that means less loot for me.

Most people i run with have BIS gear and are running CN and T2 for loot. Now lets say we have one TR in group. All TR loot drops and they get it by default. Now sherlock to use your phrase is that fair.

It should be if u need an item it is bound and worth no gold. That way if someone doesnt actually need it then everyone gets a roll at greed.

Now deep breath. I can not believe how stupid 99% of people are who have posted in this thread. They dont read the information given to them and frankly struggle to understand it. You sir are a prime example.
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is actually awesome, lets go with a balanced party and everyone will be happy. I believe I have the right to need based on my class, and if I am the only one of my class I don't see why some other class should get the loot, there will be your turn too you know.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is bad - specially for enf game farming with PUg-s and such - Up until lvl 50 the dungeons almost never drop wiz gear - boss loot tables dont even have any orbs or such.

Not to mention that majrity of the groups has more then one of xx class so they are at a diadvantage with loot.

So if i hit 60... i cant farm anymore unless i magically get a groups of friends (that dont exist).

i have greeded normally on stuff i cant use - but there simply is no wiz stuff dropping off bosses so i have no chance to make any money now.

Really? My CW has had quite a different outcome during the few PUG's I have participated in.

Sounds to me, that you are like the Married Couple that remember all the fights they have had, down to the minutest detail, and forget all the wonderful times they have had together. It is basic human nature.

Bet you can't remember all the details the last time you had something super delicious, but can remember in vivid detail when you were last injured.

Same here...
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • f1r3gh0stf1r3gh0st Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank God for this! I can't believe that people have forgotten basic MMO courtesy.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

THANK you. Your post has completely supported and proved the point of just why they DID implement such a system. Every single "point" you made in that post proves why this patch is definitely an upgrade :)
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    If they ever do that here they will first need to seriously rework their system for determining what loot you should equip. At the moment it appears to be based entirely on the value of the item so they recommend you equip a level 20 green item over a level 50 white item because the level 20 sells for more to a merchant. Given their current system I really don't want them deciding for me if I could benefit from a new piece of gear or not.

Exactly. I agree fully and to make such a system is bar far NO small task. They put a LOT of work into the loot system in the other game and I would be willing to wait for a very long time to see a good code implemented to make that happen here as well.

Although there ULTIMATE fix to this ENTIRE situation is to join a Guild. It's very easy to find one in game that has good friendly atmosphere and loot rules, making sure everyone gets their fair share in dungeons. No amount of code or triggers will EVER out-do good teamwork and leadership.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Now the courtesy will be for the leader to kick everyone before the final loot can be picked up. Both issues need to be fixed at the same time.