test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1.5 GB Patch???

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    31% done and I've been patching for three hours. And doing this on a weekend was a brilliant idea because...?

So glad I haven't spent any money on this game (and will never in the future).
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My patching quit at 77%
    Now, when I load the launcher the patching doesn't resume, or restart. I get the PLAY button, but when i press it, the app hangs.
    Any ideas about what to try?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    64% and crawling along at a rate of 200Kb/s on a 60Mb line. Urrghh.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    31% done and I've been patching for three hours. And doing this on a weekend was a brilliant idea because...?

So glad I haven't spent any money on this game (and will never in the future).

My patch progress is at 52% in 20 minutes so far. I must have a magical internet connection and a uniquely gifted router. Go figure.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    My patching quit at 77%
    Now, when I load the launcher the patching doesn't resume, or restart. I get the PLAY button, but when i press it, the app hangs.
    Any ideas about what to try?

I had the same, when I disabled on-demand patching it started patching again (now at a wopping 3% *sigh*). No idea if it actually stops the app from hanging after the patch though, but at the mighty awesome download speed on a saturday we get I think I may have the answer around next tuesday...
  • xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did anyone skip it?
    I don't want download 1.7GB useless data.
  • hiryumushuzenhiryumushuzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No patch for me....feeling left out :(
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patching here as well... at a nervewrecking slow speed :(
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And doing this on a weekend was a brilliant idea because...?

This.
    Why on earth in the weekend?
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I turned off disable on-demand patching now instead of the 3gig download it's doing 1589mb.

P.S.: Ya gotta love these Devs[heavy sarcasm], they could have at least mentioned this was going to happen in the way it's happening.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That doesn't help. instead of the 3gig patch it does the 1.5gig.
    elawyn wrote: »
    Did you turn off on demand patching recently? I have it off and there's been no patch download since .47 (and yes, I just checked 10 seconds ago).

If you leave it at the default, you'll likely get lots of download the first time you go to a new area (and sometimes when you go back to an old one). If you disable it then you'll get everything available the very next time you log in.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have the 1.5gig patch. They are probably just pre patching the live update a patch at a time so we don't have a 6-12 gig patch.
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Can't log in and the patch just hangs. GOOD TIMING!
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so I am not the only one. And mine will take 3 weeks at its current speed. Usually patches in a few seconds but it's running at a dead snails pace at the moment. Might just exit and try later or tomorrow and see if it speeds up any.
  • alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    you guys wanna know the best part ? missing the dungeon delve event which is gone for most ppl because the patch is taking for ever to download
  • aelaenaelaen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. I have not checked the Disable On-demand Patching, and I've been patching for close to eight hours. A big part fo that was my computer went to sleep as normal without usage when I was at 23%, and the patch program restarted from 0 when it reconnected.

Right now I'm at 39.5% and about half of my total play time for the week (weekends) is gone. I've now lost more play then "Caturday", without the fun of actually, you know, playing.

It's not my internet speed, I downloaded a new 2.6GB MMO in about 15 minutes during this period. (So the remaining 7+ hours should have been enough time much smaller.)

The rollback was due to exploiters, this I can't blame on anything but PWE / Cryptic. I'm close to ragequitting about how ridiculous this is, which means no more Zen purchases. (Ya, willing to support games I play.) Either do this in smaller patches or fix your patch servers.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • komarr13komarr13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm annoyed because this isn't necessary. The technology/programming knowledge has existed for a couple years to do the two things that would alleviate this: 1. detect what part of a large download has completed and pick up without starting over and 2. allow a game to patch while playing (admittedly slower then while not playing).
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, just tried this. Opened the prepatch folder then the piggs folder and deleted everything out of it. And restarted my launcher and then exited. The patch blazed to 1350mb in a few seconds before returning to the dead snails pace. But at least I am that much farther along I guess. Beats 30 minutes and only 6% done.
  • miyatzimiyatzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Currently have another problem.

Each time client is exited after loggin, a new client is automatically opened. Tries to patch and closes on its own, not patching anything.
    Game is also acting weird, currently trying to run some dungeons. The queues for the said dungeons does not show and one get's stuck inside the instance. Upon relogg, you are still have the "return to inctanse" option to previous instances/old clears.
  • cthutubecthutube Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A patch this size could only mean that a small group of rebels have used a stolen ship and code to sneak past our shields and land on the forest moon Endor...

... or it's a bunch on textures and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I don't f****n' know.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    ok upon getting a game in and then quitting it started a patch. however it is not a pre patch or anything. Pre Patching occures before the game would start. and not after you have exited the game. plus it is over 3gigs for me. I just canceled it out and started the launcher over again and it returned to normal. when I get home from work later tonight I will see if it makes me download this patch a 2nd time before I enter the game or not.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?335172-Now-Available-quot-Pre-Patching-quot-Upcoming-Neverwinter-Content&p=4287142&viewfull=1#post4287142

"This feature is automatically enabled, and will automatically open up a version of the Neverwinter Launcher when you close the game. The Launcher will then begin to download data files that will support the next Neverwinter patch. You can close this process at any time, and your download progress is saved."
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?335172-Now-Available-quot-Pre-Patching-quot-Upcoming-Neverwinter-Content&p=4287142&viewfull=1#post4287142

"This feature is automatically enabled, and will automatically open up a version of the Neverwinter Launcher when you close the game. The Launcher will then begin to download data files that will support the next Neverwinter patch. You can close this process at any time, and your download progress is saved."

I'm not sure this explains it at .... everytime I've logged out today the launcher starts downloading exactly the same size *patch* 1589MB ... it's currently doing it for the 5th time O.o
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope this patch isnt full of holes like the so called open beta
  • lordofrazingfirelordofrazingfire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uh, this is the predownload for the full game. It mentions it on their twitter.
  • l33tstuffl33tstuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would i be correct to think this patch in question ends up in "Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\piggs" ?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    miyatzi wrote: »
    Currently have another problem.

Each time client is exited after loggin, a new client is automatically opened. Tries to patch and closes on its own, not patching anything.

While pre-patching is active, at every exit the launcher will fire up and look for a patch. If it finds one, it downloads. If it doesn't find one, it exits.

You got the current pre-patch on a previous exit. The above is normal behavior while they have pre-patching turned on. After June 20th, they'll turn that back off, and the client will no longer re-run the launcher in pre-patch mode after exit, until the next time they have an especially large patch coming and turn on pre-patching.

The alternative would be that on launch day, you get a giant patch BEFORE you can play, and at the same time as a couple of million other people.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While annoying when you want to play "right now" this isn't something to complain about. We could be getting no patches at all which would mean no new content or fixes for anything.

Really lots of patches for a game that is in "OB" should be expected no?

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • krixx73krixx73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I simple torrent file for this pre patch should be offer'd. SAves Cryptic a ton of cash on bandwidth too.