test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bots flooding our PVP, Cryptic start taking notes!

quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Yes, you know the story I'm talking about...
Yesterday, one of the worst pvp rounds I ever had seen since I started. I was literally the ONLY person behind the computer! Or at my keyboard. In a 5v5 round, I was the only one there NOT wearing level 10 gear in a lev 49 match!
Watching them walking the same path over and over again. It was a NIGHTMARE! Where's the security and why is NW letting this sort of behavior happening with their new product?

Ok, so it's a beta. But really Cryptic, there are ways to control your security. The last thing you need is scaring the crowd away before the game goes launch! It's all about first impression and so far, you have a forum full of...well I need not to say more on that.

Because you, Cryptic, seem to take time to read some of our suggestions, I'll offer you one piece of advise right now before your game gets out of hand with goldspam/bots/hacks...etc.
Use a STRONG security program from the beginning and don't cheap out like other companies!
Something like Punkbuster(not advertising the product) or something similar. They've had good success with it.

It's all in your hands now Cryptic. All I know is, I've never had the desire to stop pvp'ing in a game like what I just experienced last night. NEVER! It was R I D I C U L O U S!

I hope they will listen and do something about this issue SOONER rather then later!
Post edited by quoisky on

Comments

• alzitaralzitar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THIS /|\ please give us an official statement on this problem which is getting more out of hand by the day.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Right click, report AFK, get enough reports, temp ban.
    This is what we should be able to do on the pvp summary screen.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /signed a hundred thousand times over.

That bots are allowed to run rampant, with no real way for us to get rid of them since Cryptic isn't doing diddly squat, is a disgrace.
    PvP is a coin flip at this stage; Either you get lucky and only have 1 bot, or you get 3-4 bots. The team with the least amounts of bots win.
    Add to this the bug (?) that prevents people from zoning into the pvp map.
    Add also the fact that people can be kicked for no reason at all as griefing or "stealing" 1st place by whoever happens to be leader.
    I could go on.

Unbelievably poor design by the Devs.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Right click, report AFK, get enough reports, temp ban.
    This is what we should be able to do on the pvp summary screen.

The only problem with that is the fact that the Report Spam option has been a complete failure so far. People get chat banned for no reason. There are scripts/bots available that lets a single person get another player chat banned. I don't want that to happen in pvp as well.

The best way would be what they did in one of the game I've played in the past. Right click "Report AFK" and they get a debuff. They have to fight an enemy player within 1-2 minutes otherwise they will get kicked from the match, and subsequently get a "Deserter" debuff preventing them from joining another pvp match for 15-30 minutes.
  • alzitaralzitar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only problem with that is the fact that the Report Spam option has been a complete failure so far. People get chat banned for no reason. There are scripts/bots available that lets a single person get another player chat banned. I don't want that to happen in pvp as well.

The best way would be what they did in one of the game I've played in the past. Right click "Report AFK" and they get a debuff. They have to fight an enemy player within 1-2 minutes otherwise they will get kicked from the match, and subsequently get a "Deserter" debuff preventing them from joining another pvp match for 15-30 minutes.

You dont seem to understand what a bot is. They move, and kill.. mostly other bots but still :)

Also having a report function isn't the solution, you'd be reporting all day.. and there would still be more bots. Cryptic/PW need to monitor their servers for suspicious activity and ban bot users IP if it is clear they are running a script.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Same bots everyday... Just had a game with 2+3 bots in total, good times...
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'd really like an official response on this, an epic fail that is ruining pvp.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm not talking about report spam, I'm talking about something NEW for reporting afk exclusively in pvp.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bots will continue to be a problem in PvP as long as the gold sellers can profit from it.
    Most games that I play have PvP currency and the items purchased with it either character bound or account bound.

Not sure why they don't just bind the currency and items to the account. Then all you have to deal with are the AFK'ers and not all the gold-spammer bots who are making a profit from PvP.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore