test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

12k Fully Geared Experienced DC opinions on patch

superrioisksuperrioisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
It is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I don't care what you guys say, I am not talking about spending 20 hours doing 1000000 attempts on dracolich until you get lucky. I am talking about high end parties who beat dracolich first try.

If you have fought dracolich without bugging the adds, how in god's name are you supposed to not have AS up at all times? Do you guys realize how many fire mages spawn and how constantly you play a losing game of dodging the red while at the same time dashing away from the hands? Most of the fight is you being tossed around by knockbacks while spamming sun burst for action points and keeping hallowed ground up along with astral shield. If and only IF you have the time (which most people don't) you can throw some break the spirit, forgemasters, or divine glow on the dracolich.

And don't argue with me about "possibilities" of doing anything different. This is the only surefire way of doing dracolich with a cleric. The red is everywhere and if you choose to use a dps method, then you either will be spamming heal potions or being 1 shotted. If you attempt to help dps the dracolich instead of focusing on support, you should /quit now as a cleric.

And the new content is only going to get harder. I cannot even imagine what the devs will expect from clerics...
Post edited by superrioisk on

Comments

• Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't even use break the spirit, forgemaster, or divine glow. I keep Dracolich "Sealed", throw healing word on people that are DPSing and the rest is just me and the CW or CWs dodging everything.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is why I don't run dungeons. And after the patch, I will have even less incentive to run them. How anybody can find this experience even remotely fun is beyond me. I guess you guys just have a much higher threshold for pain than me.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    This is why I don't run dungeons. And after the patch, I will have even less incentive to run them. How anybody can find this experience even remotely fun is beyond me. I guess you guys just have a much higher threshold for pain than me.

Or enjoy doing some what challenging content. To each his own. ;)
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry that it might actually be difficult to play a cleric after the patch, and that you won't have the crutch of being able to run double cleric to stack AS.

You probably never touched CN until you were extremely over-geared for it, you realize the first people beat that dungeon with 9200-9500 gs, right?

Anyway, cleric healing will change, the changes to threat will likely open up new venues of healing other than, "drop my AS and afk." Get over it.
  • Options
    maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    I don't even use break the spirit, forgemaster, or divine glow. I keep Dracolich "Sealed", throw healing word on people that are DPSing and the rest is just me and the CW or CWs dodging everything.

When I think of a D&D cleric, the first thing that comes to mind is dodging. And dodging....and...
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, they killed devoted cleric, it is pure trash with this lame uptime on astral shield.
  • Options
    superrioisksuperrioisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go into afk mode by double astral shield? Do you know how much movement is required for dracolich, regardless if you are geared or not? It is about survivability. It is an extremely tall order to have 1 Astral shield that can't even be up all the time...

Have you even done dracolich? You do realize you will be 1 shotted by a mob of monsters when you get hit outside of the astral shield...but I am sure you love your full heal runestone, right?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What annoys me about Dracolich fight is when you can clearly be outside of red wizard/hand circles and still take the hit.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's funny because when any other class is outside the circle for more than 3 seconds they are pretty much dead, as dead as devoted cleric will be after this patch. I really don't think the devs are listening to the complains about this. This is game ruining.
    @Devs
  • Options
    jango974jango974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, i've been thinking about that, but at the end, using the talents that allow you to shield you allies by providing DR with bastion of heal allow you to keep the reduction for 26s non stop, but after this you will have like 2-3s with AS and BoH on cd so you'll have to manage with what you got, meaning sun burst.

So it's not going to be impossible because you still have one skill, the only decent choise is sun burst to get your daily bar full fast, but it's going to be a bit challenging this skill is far to be op (weak heal, affect only 4/5 ennemies i think i dont really know) they should boost that skill or what is obvious do something with bastion of heal CD, -3s on the CD would allow us to keep everyone safe.

But they should definitly do something the quality of our heal, 15/20% would not be useless, and kick away that righteousness, or if they really want to keep it, then create a system that will regulate the % of rightneousness, more target hitting us => less %
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where are you guys seeing the increased cd on astral shield? all i see in the notes is that they dont stack anymore. should still be able to have it on cd.im currently doing CN at 9400gs with no big problems.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    prophaelprophael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    Get over it.

Get over yourself, dude.

Designing a game to be unplayable for all but 0.1% of players who are extremely hardcore and dedicated is a recipe for that 0.1% of players to not have a game to play anymore.

Making some content extremely challenging is a good thing. Making all content extremely challenging by making the game play mechanics punishingly frustrating and tedious is a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where are you guys seeing the increased cd on astral shield? all i see in the notes is that they dont stack anymore. should still be able to have it on cd.im currently doing CN at 9400gs with no big problems.

It's not that the CD is bring increased, it's that the duration is being reduced.
    Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.

We now will have about a 4-6 second window where AS will be on a cool down. AS has been lasting WAY longer then it was ever suppose to due to a glitch.
  • Options
    jango974jango974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nevermind*
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nvm just reread
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    jango974 wrote: »

But they should definitly do something the quality of our heal, 15/20% would not be useless, and kick away that righteousness, or if they really want to keep it, then create a system that will regulate the % of rightneousness, more target hitting us => less %

Addional Patch Notes

Devoted Cleric
    - Healing Potions are now reduced by Righteousness

Waiting for that..
    jango974 wrote: »
    So it's not going to be impossible because you still have one skill, the only decent choise is sun burst to get your daily bar full fast, but it's going to be a bit challenging this skill is far to be op (weak heal, affect only 4/5 ennemies i think i dont really know) they should boost that skill or what is obvious do something with bastion of heal CD, -3s on the CD would allow us to keep everyone safe.

Imo Forgemaster's Flame will be better as said in a different thread. Ticks 5 times with each tick beeing as strong as BoH non divine (divine BoH heals like 30-40% more which still is nothing). Downside is you have to get enough Divinity for it (2 pips every 15s) but shouldn't be a problem with less aggro -> more at-wills = extra heal/divinity - maybe we don't even need sun burst then anymore, we will see.
    Waiting for Healing Word fix as well. 15s recharge nevermind what recharge speed you got. With 35%-40% recharge, which is sth
    like the average DC got, it should be reduced to 10.7s..
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    OP, I am with you.
    All these "get over it" and what not comments clearly from those who never played a cleric.

Here is the thing you silly nay sayers. You had best bring LOTS of pots. Cause now the cleric will have to dodge, dodge, run, shield, hallowed ground, pop a heal. rinse and repeat. The chance of you getting a heal has just plumed'd. But we promise to get to you just as soon as we can dodge the million adds on our ***. Lets hope the aggro reduction means we can stand a bit further back and let you dps do your job.

One thing I will say tho, is I've noticed on the test server while with guild mates I indeed was able to stand back from the fight.. took little to know agro, and what I did a GWF took it off me. So Yay for that.

the 5 second reduction in the AS duration.. that to me is an insult tho. I am ok with removing the stack. but the reduction in duration is just a huge mistake. it will force us to use hallowed ground between AS. and that means less for everyone.

OR.. the need to still run DUAL DC's to alternate the shield.

just my 2 cents.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Imo Forgemaster's Flame will be better as said in a different thread. Ticks 5 times with each tick beeing as strong as BoH non divine (divine BoH heals like 30-40% more which still is nothing). Downside is you have to get enough Divinity for it (2 pips every 15s) but shouldn't be a problem with less aggro -> more at-wills = extra heal/divinity - maybe we don't even need sun burst then anymore, we will see.
    FF only works when the person is beside you, hence cleric will still be trash in PvP and if there are spread out adds or spread out team members like in CN Dragon - last boss, for example, it won't be very helpful.
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The fact is that Astral Shield is the only way to reliably heal your team. 90% of Clerics are based around Divine Astral Shield, because it's the only heal we get that can actually deal with the high level content. The other heals we have work fine when used in addition to Astral Shield (The exception being a specced Hallowed Ground Daily)

I'm still waiting for the Preview Shard to download, so my opinion is based solely on speculation, but it seems to me that the lack of 100% uptime AS (I'm ignoring the stacking, since I agree that it should've been removed or had diminishing returns) will severely slow down the end-game content, and increase the Control Wizards desirability.

I'm hoping that they read the forums, get peoples opinions, and either improve Cleric's other healing skills or change one of our feats (Personally I suggest the 4th Divinity Pip feat) to "Increase the duration of Astral Shield"
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the way players from other classes drop the odd "get over it", or "lost your crutch" comment.

Sooner or later they are going to work out that they are the ones who will be affected by this AS change.

Seriously, do they think they are somehow immune to these Cleric changes when they come to join groups? That magically this won't affect them when they have increased threat, mobs all over them and crying out for heals? And at that time they'll hear this from the Cleric - oh sorry guys AS on CD, remember that change that you mocked us for ?

It's like the passengers mocking the bus driver for a having a flat tire - then realizing they're the ones who are stuck on it and not going anywhere.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wtb some aoe hots to prehot ppl before As falls down to fill 5 sec gap.
    And if some mobs was still on me before As falls down i need kite them.
    yea we will adapt and find way to survive but gz cryptic on destroying current clerics.
    Still will run probably 2x clerics to get 100% AS uptime so no place for some gimp classes in party.
    Hear silence.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Watch out guys!

12k geared!
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Watch out guys!

12k geared!

his point is that he isn't some new guy on the block. Don't be obtuse.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that it might actually be difficult to play a cleric after the patch, and that you won't have the crutch of being able to run double cleric to stack AS.

You probably never touched CN until you were extremely over-geared for it, you realize the first people beat that dungeon with 9200-9500 gs, right?

Anyway, cleric healing will change, the changes to threat will likely open up new venues of healing other than, "drop my AS and afk." Get over it.
    Clearly you know little about CN or clerics.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I watch this boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TEywCt-MU
    and then i think to myself... Neverwiter bosses? Yeah, huge sissies they are.
    Neverwinter clerics? useless dead weight it's what we are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I don't care what you guys say, I am not talking about spending 20 hours doing 1000000 attempts on dracolich until you get lucky. I am talking about high end parties who beat dracolich first try.

If you have fought dracolich without bugging the adds, how in god's name are you supposed to not have AS up at all times? Do you guys realize how many fire mages spawn and how constantly you play a losing game of dodging the red while at the same time dashing away from the hands? Most of the fight is you being tossed around by knockbacks while spamming sun burst for action points and keeping hallowed ground up along with astral shield. If and only IF you have the time (which most people don't) you can throw some break the spirit, forgemasters, or divine glow on the dracolich.

And don't argue with me about "possibilities" of doing anything different. This is the only surefire way of doing dracolich with a cleric. The red is everywhere and if you choose to use a dps method, then you either will be spamming heal potions or being 1 shotted. If you attempt to help dps the dracolich instead of focusing on support, you should /quit now as a cleric.

And the new content is only going to get harder. I cannot even imagine what the devs will expect from clerics...

Adding your pet's gs doesn't count :)
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    I watch this boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TEywCt-MU
    and then i think to myself... Neverwiter bosses? Yeah, huge sissies they are.
    Neverwinter clerics? useless dead weight it's what we are.

to be honest after this sh!tstorm I am done with Perfect World, if I drop this game due to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lolbalance
  • Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »

You and I think alike. I play games for fun and amusement, I leave challenges to real life. Personally, I'm hoping they tune it down a bit in the dungeons, the whole "do nothing but fight trash" isn't going to be as big a crowd draw as could be hoped for.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    if one single ability completely breaks your class that signifies deeper problems.

if it turns out as bad as some of the people say, then cryptic will be forced to go back and improve other abilities.