test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1.5 GB Patch???

redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There's no notification for a patch today. I did the small Patch yesterday.

But my Launcher is now downloading a 1.589 GB Patch.

Is this supposed to be happening?

All The Best
Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
Post edited by redneckronin on

Comments

• michaelstark8michaelstark8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a 3GB update atm. I would like to know what it's for.
  • deepscythedeepscythe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i also have a 1.5GB patch just now not sure what this is.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine is around 3GB, and as I believe it it has something to do with the Big Update Patch that will be coming out on the 20th and the preview server that is coming soon.
  • chelseacraftchelseacraft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. After I exited the game it didn't close but started downloading a huge patch and stalls out in the middle and stops. I can log in the game without applying the patch, but every time I log off the game the patch starts from the beginning again.

Whoever thought it was brilliant to patch people when they exit the game seriously needs to re-evaluate their "idea skills" in a big way.
  • n1451n1451 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Left this to update and because of a power outage all progress have been cancelled. I hate my power company(and storms)!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you turn off on demand patching recently? I have it off and there's been no patch download since .47 (and yes, I just checked 10 seconds ago).

If you leave it at the default, you'll likely get lots of download the first time you go to a new area (and sometimes when you go back to an old one). If you disable it then you'll get everything available the very next time you log in.
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    mine was off and i still received update, us west here
  • ireniicusireniicus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I spend 3 hours dl the latest patch (even though i have 50 GB DL speed) which gets to 92% when the NW Client crashes and guess what. I have to start again.
  • drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    this is really not acceptable.
    im already pissed that dungeon delves are very infrequent and now that i could actually play one the f**** launcher is downloading 1.5GB with 1997 internet speed.
    and if your launcher crashes it just starts at 0% ... guys its 2013 and you are not able to code a decent launcher ... wtf i'm seriously thinkin about not giving this company no single dime anymore ...
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As mentioned in the other thread on the topic (still on page 1 of the forum), the patch is a combination of the info needed to check out the new upcoming stuff on the test shard/the pre-patch for that upcoming stuff.

...and it's sooooo slow. Figured I'd leave it going this morning while I had breakfast & read the paper. It's only 16% done. :(
  • torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    As mentioned in the other thread on the topic (still on page 1 of the forum), the patch is a combination of the info needed to check out the new upcoming stuff on the test shard/the pre-patch for that upcoming stuff.

...and it's sooooo slow. Figured I'd leave it going this morning while I had breakfast & read the paper. It's only 16% done. :(

I think you can have breakfast... lunch and dinner... and still have to wait... this is painfull :mad:
  • drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    doesnt work for everyone .. i have it disabled and still the launcher downloads ****
  • xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 1.5gb patch. And downloading slow
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you sign up for the test shard? That's a big download right there.
    edited June 2013
    no i didnt ...
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Im about 25% through my 3GB download now with no issues what so ever. I can close the launcher and open to start playing again, and when I exit the download starts back up right where it left off. I did not sign up for the test server as I can find no place to actually do that.

Some people are having problems though and I suggest we keep it to one thread.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Did you sign up for the test shard?

Not that I'm aware of.
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *Sigh* They are pre-patching for that next big update. That way on that fateful day all you have to do is a quick patch. So don't get any brain spasms and relax.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is no patch. Did you accidentally re download the game?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angel8fallingangel8falling Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eleanor - Guardian Fighter Level 60 - Genuine Tank
    Selina - Trickster Rogue Level 20 - Under Construction
  • zavrinzavrin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem as I have read here in this thread: Almost at the end (after 4 hours) and it crashes. Now I have to start all over again. I'll try turning off that option for downloading.
  • zavrinzavrin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I disabled the on-demand patching. I canceled patching. I restarted NW. But it still says I have to download 1718mb (earlier this afternoon it was something like 1589mb.
    I played this morning and didn't change anything. So this is weird.
  • twisted0utlawtwisted0utlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What patch? I launched my launcher today and there was no patch.
  • lukitonlukiton Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Hi there

This is the "Pre-patch" for the next big update, not the Preview.
    You can check this is right having a look inside your installation folder: Neverwinter\Live\prepatch\piggs

If you have activated on launcher "Patch on-demand" will download 1.5Gb else 3Gb.

Around 6.5 hours downloading 3Gb atm at 90% :(

Best regards, the fat dwarf.
    Thorfin <Imba> God save the dwarfs
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    *Sigh* They are pre-patching for that next big update. That way on that fateful day all you have to do is a quick patch. So don't get any brain spasms and relax.

Yeah probably this, Star Trek was doing similar things right before Legacy of Romulus went live.
  • starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can play without patching, but AFTER quitting the game, it will attempt to pre-patch. You can cancel it and play, but the pre-patching process will start all over again after you restart it :(
  • noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting auto-updated as well. Maybe new content?
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I signed up for the test shard and already dl'd that content a couple of days ago. This is a separate patch. Probably, as others have mentioned, a pre-patch.
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Right after installing the patch, my wife's PC began showing a conflict and disabled her Nvidia 8800 GTX. Now I can't make it run! Windows show the damned error 43 and I'm trying everything I can to solve it. On top of it, a certain "Tages driver disabled" window pops-up in the
    task bar.

Funny thing is, my PC has an ATI Radeon 4870 and the game runs perfect after installing the patch.

What the hell, PWE?
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    31% done and I've been patching for three hours. And doing this on a weekend was a brilliant idea because...?

So glad I haven't spent any money on this game (and will never in the future).
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!