test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Packet Corruption - consistently

joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When I open the Home page 'L' and select the Catalog tab then the review tab I get a "Packet corruption occured" error message and boots me to character select screen

This is reoccurring and I can not select the review tab now at all
Post edited by joshrandhall on

Comments

• cheiftomcheiftom Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I open the Home page 'L' and select the Catalog tab then the review tab I get a "Packet corruption occured" error message and boots me to character select screen

This is reoccurring and I can not select the review tab now at all

This happens to me too. I have not found a thread with answers or solutions to this yet. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well not real happy that it happens to you as well, but nice to know I'm not the only one with this annoying problem lol - thanks for posting
  • sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here. Everytime I hit Review I get dumped with packet corruption msg. Nothing else seems to be affected.
  • cheiftomcheiftom Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well not real happy that it happens to you as well, but nice to know I'm not the only one with this annoying problem lol - thanks for posting

I have ticketed it. Will let you know what they say when they get back to me if its not fixed by then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Thx chieftom - not sure how to ticket items yet and from what I've been reading they don't seem to respond to them expediently - but hopefully you will get an update.

It's getting worse - now when I get that error, if I don't restart the entire client I can't bring up the home page at all.
  • rogasmorogasmo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I'm getting same packet corruption errors.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue, whenever I try to browse the foundry 'for review' section. My guess is that there's just too much stuff in there now, it has been lagging terribly for weeks.
    edited June 2013
    kinda hard to review quests if we can't get to them lol
    edited June 2013
    You can search all quests by putting the code in the 'Best' tab of the catalog. Even ones with 0 plays. It doesn't always come up in the search, but if you keep trying (sometimes with relog) it works. For example you could play and review my new quest by putting NW-DRGDPR7HL in the best search tab. Hint hint ;) Hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rogasmorogasmo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh Nice cheiftom that works! So here is my quest NW-DQS4K9G7M check it out and let me know what you think.
    edited June 2013
    rogasmo wrote: »
    Oh Nice cheiftom that works! So here is my quest NW-DQS4K9G7M check it out and let me know what you think.

Ok playing yours now, be sure to return the favour ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Getting no results searching for yours chieftom :(
    edited June 2013
    cheiftom wrote: »
    You can search all quests by putting the code in the 'Best' tab of the catalog. Even ones with 0 plays. It doesn't always come up in the search, but if you keep trying (sometimes with relog) it works. For example you could play and review my new quest by putting NW-DRGPR7HL in the best search tab. Hint hint ;) Hehe

think your code is missing 1 digit?
    edited June 2013
    rogasmo wrote: »
    Getting no results searching for yours chieftom :(
    Oh, dont worry. Its there, just doesnt come up in searches for some reason. i found it myself and have to share it to get it played :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just had this happen as well, in the same part of the program as described.
  • noskillzbronoskillzbro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can someone please tell me for the love of god why i get a message saying "An error was detected by the game, would you like to verify all files?" then i do that. the patching finishes, click play, then i get a black screen for about a minute and then get another error saying something like could not auto-patch to server? i uninstalled and re-installed, made sure its allowed through my firewall, and im STILL GETTING THE SAME THING. never happened until after the new patch. i cannot get any thoughts on this matter anywhere and im getting very fed up

HELP PLEASE
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! We're looking into this.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • h3x1d3h3x1d3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got a quest I've been working on off and on for about 2 weeks now, and on my maps now I'm getting constant "Packet Corruption" occurred. It's always when I try to save, or if I add anything to the map it will crash a few minutes later. I'm at a complete standstill until this can be fixed.
    Machinations of Devils Campaign: NWS-DH23RSSYS
    Act I: Part I: The Awakening: NW-DGDH5ZYE5
    Act I: Part II: The Awakening: ND-DUGC8287P
    Act II: The Plague: WIP

Griffon Beach: WIP
    edited June 2013
    Still no ticket reply yet :( But my map has become searchable (to me at least) now it has had 5 written reviews. Seems you must find it yourself and share it with people by grouping with them. After it's reviewed 5 times you can find it easily. My map is called 'The Last Charge' and it seems to come up in the 'New maps' section of the catalog. I guess now it's there its up to random people to find it and play it?

Edit - Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, my code is actually NW-DRGDPR7HL >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 for the error - only getting it on the review tab, but it's consistant & occurs nowhere else.
    My ping is terrible, but stable and it has never dropped out on me anywhere else.
  • mindforgedmindforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue here with anything on the 'for review' tab... it's a big problem for me because I am only here for the Foundry content and creting adventures.
  • mindforgedmindforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Anyone solve this issue yet? I've tried just about everything I could think of.
  • desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    I do wish this could be fixed or something; now I get this every single time I hit 'L'.

It's also a problem trying to find my own Foundry quest. I understand it's in the 'for review' section, but it doesn't come up on searches. Or, rather, it comes up on searches and then I lose the mail message telling me it's published, and suddenly it stops appearing.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
    edited June 2013
    desgallant wrote: »
    I do wish this could be fixed or something; now I get this every single time I hit 'L'.

It's also a problem trying to find my own Foundry quest. I understand it's in the 'for review' section, but it doesn't come up on searches. Or, rather, it comes up on searches and then I lose the mail message telling me it's published, and suddenly it stops appearing.

You can search all quests by putting the code in the 'Best' tab of the catalog. Even ones with 0 plays. It doesn't always come up in the search, but if you keep trying (sometimes with relog) it works. For example you could play and review my new quest by putting NW-DRGDPR7HL in the best search tab. Hint hint ;) Hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    June 10th, 2013,

I just wanted to note here that I am also experiencing this issue, as well as another friend on his machine, and at least 2 others in our guild.

I'm actually wondering, can ANYONE look at the review tab anymore with out getting booted?

is this broken game wide? or only for select users?

Is there another thread with any work arounds, or status updates perhaps? or is this the 'main thread' for this issue?

Thank you.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I believe this is the thread and we've not heard of it being repaired -

Really sucky if you ask me :(
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I shudder at the backlog of Foundry quests that are building up! D:
  • azithothazithoth Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

five days and no news at all?
  • eristrifeeristrife Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cheiftom wrote: »

what if you have never clicked that ok button to say you want to view unreviewed content? you can't click that button now without going to the review tab which promptly crashes the game. Can you still search for new quests via shortcode from the best tab?

I made my first foundry quest and when I accepted the disclaimer to view unreviewed content the game crashed. This is super frustrating because I built the quest for my boyfriend for our anniversary which is tomorrow and I can't even see if it is in game. I am pretty sure he's not clicked the disclaimer so i am wondering if I try to search from his account tonight if he will even be able to see it. I can't even see it but I didn't try searching multiple times and I think I was in the New tab so thanks for the suggestion.

is there a way to retrieve your shortcode other than being logged in? I would post it to see if people can find it but I'm at work.
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your timing is really unfortunate, as the publish process seems stuck atm. But I believe normally yes you can find unreviewed work by ID even if you aren't a reviewer (can someone confirm?)
    Also, just as an FYI, mine still took about 12 hours or so after it said it was published before the game would find it by searching.