test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So.. where is everyone?

ohitswaohitswa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It seems like zone chat is dead? Did everyone stop playing? or just get banned... Anyways, it seems like Neverwinter is dead. No one is doing dungeons anymore... I don't get what happened.. within 1 week the player base has vanished.
Post edited by ohitswa on

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Remove everyone from your ignore list and BAM zone chat is filled again
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No point in playing when Delves aren't up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Personally I am waiting for the official release now, or at least the release of that next big patch if it happens to come sooner.
  • maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    I could give you about 20 good reasons, but I'll just pass...
  • ohitswaohitswa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess the next 2 weeks will mean Neverwinter is a ghost town then.. I don't mean people spamming to trade.. I mean people actually attempting to play ^^
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its Friday night, people are out on dates. Or trying to get dates. Or in my case, trying to remember what women look like when they aren't holding restraining orders.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Its Friday night, people are out on dates. Or trying to get dates. Or in my case, trying to remember what women look like when they aren't holding restraining orders.

Or just really drunk on red moscato.
  • maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013

Good one!!
    Hell, you know there's a problem when the forum is more entertaining than the game.. LOL! Just wish the Dev's could figure that one out and fix it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Odd, when I was on an hour ago, Enclave was spamming away as usual, and there was about the normal level of discussion in Blackdagger. /shrug
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    No point in playing when Delves aren't up.

Nail on head.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    I've noticed it's a lot quieter in game now and most people in my guild are haven't been on for weeks. Also, the number of instances for Protector's Enclave is half of what it used to be or less.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The non-stop gang bang of exploits, cheats, shortcuts, broken need/greed system, terrible imbalance, leader given power to kick team after final boss, etc. has been allowed to fester unfixed for far too long unpunished and unaddressed. Player moral is low.

Some have given up, others are pissed, many are simply bored and now that the game has entered phase two of early release...the avalanche of nerfs and obstacles placed in the way. You know, the part where the fun initial game is turned into the neutered bland watered down WoW that all MMOs aspire to nowadays.

Rather quickly NW has already seen it's sunset. It was a great game, best MMO I think, but slow unresponsive F2P studios that don't have CS and constantly have to fix exploits simply poisoned the well.

It was a good run though. We'll always have May..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    because 90% of the player base just got left out
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The non-stop gang bang of exploits, cheats, shortcuts, broken need/greed system, terrible imbalance, leader given power to kick team after final boss, etc. has been allowed to fester unfixed for far too long unpunished and unaddressed. Player moral is low.

Some have given up, others are pissed, many are simply bored and now that the game has entered phase two of early release...the avalanche of nerfs and obstacles placed in the way. You know, the part where the fun initial game is turned into the neutered bland watered down WoW that all MMOs aspire to nowadays.

Rather quickly NW has already seen it's sunset. It's was a great game, best MMO I think, but lazy, slow unresponsive F2P studios that don't have CS and constantly have to fix exploits simply poisoned the well.

doom and gloom much?

anyhow, anyone notice the other thread with people getting a 3gb patch?

might be part of the problem.
  • ohitswaohitswa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Rather quickly NW has already seen it's sunset. It's was a great game, best MMO I think, but lazy, slow unresponsive F2P studios that don't have CS and constantly have to fix exploits simply poisoned the well.

I feel that's the issue.. They don't know how to code a game.. So they ban 1/3 of the playerbase, and then another 1/3 get pissed and quit because of such deplorable exploits being possible in the first place.
    edited June 2013

+1 just the "tip" of the iceberg.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 GB patch being downloaded too.
    edited June 2013
    its cool.. the patch will fix everything and add content.. I mean dracolich is fun.. but i've already done mad dragon and karrundax enough.
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    doom and gloom much?

anyhow, anyone notice the other thread with people getting a 3gb patch?

might be part of the problem.

No, when you launch the game it lets your right in and you can play the game right away. Only after you exit does the launcher pop back up and start to download the pre-patch files.
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ROFL! These kinds of comments are why I troll the forums :D
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ohitswa wrote: »
    It seems like zone chat is dead? Did everyone stop playing? or just get banned... Anyways, it seems like Neverwinter is dead. No one is doing dungeons anymore... I don't get what happened.. within 1 week the player base has vanished.

Lot of players banned over recent exploits. Lot of players not playing because...they can't gain anything they dont already have. We need more content as the current "endgame" content was quickly outgeared or out-exploited.
  • dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013

Rather quickly NW has already seen it's sunset. It was a great game, best MMO I think, but slow unresponsive F2P studios that don't have CS and constantly have to fix exploits simply poisoned the well.

LOL, nice 1. :)
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    114 instances of Protectors enclave on dragon at 130:00 am est with an average of 108 players in each instance.

Where is everyone indeed. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • superrioisksuperrioisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone got banned or silenced because of the community of the game. This game is going to go bankrupt with the methods the devs are doing community wise.
    edited June 2013
    114 instances of Protectors enclave on dragon at 130:00 am est with an average of 108 players in each instance.

Where is everyone indeed. :rolleyes:

Wow, Dragon seems to be well populated with 114 instances. Right now, Beholder only has 14 instances w/ about 80 on most instances and couple dozen on others.
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heya guys juz a headup#114 instance does not mean that there is 114 instances running. The number of instances currently running is the instances that you can transfer to when u switch by using change instance. There is less then a thousand player on each shard if you really need to know the numbers.
    edited June 2013
    pwskball wrote: »
    heya guys juz a headup#114 instance does not mean that there is 114 instances running. The number of instances currently running is the instances that you can transfer to when u switch by using change instance. There is less then a thousand player on each shard if you really need to know the numbers.

That makes much more sense. According to stormdrag0n, Dragon shard had 12,312 people in Protector's Enclave.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    in answer to the question

1. got banned, other accts got banned too.
    2. got bored, moved to the next shiny
    2a. didn't get bored but moved to new shiny anyway
    3. levelled character adn decided only need to do somethings now
    4. They all migrated to a different shard
    Maybe it's time to think about your deodorant. Does it work hard enough to cover that half-orc fighter aroma?
    Have you tried giving people coffee/tea and biscuits(or cookies for you US players)?

5.<insert answer here>
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    weird,everytime i login chat is spammed alot,and i see lots of people,hmmmmm troll perhaps ?
  • jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Coz game client suddenly updating...
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad: