test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for completely destroying Astral Shield

The time is now reduced by at least 3 seconds. It's really just terrible now... Why did you push this nerf this far? The **** stacking was the issue, not the duration? This is terrible
Post edited by zarchos on

Comments

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I lost 5 seconds on AS. Mayb I switch to my GWF.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they can rebalance the overall game for cleric then TRULY thank you for destroying Astral Shield.

I'm sick of that overpowered ability and I wish they would just delete it entirely and rebalance from there lol.
  • odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think its very frustrating that instead of just stopping it from stacking they now changed the cooldown. It was already enough of a chore playing a cleric. I really wouldn't be surprised if people stop playing there cleric's because of this.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Think goodness.... AS was destroying the game. Making it a no-skill game. Now GF have a roll the trinity has been restored (maybe).
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Think goodness.... AS was destroying the game. Making it a no-skill game. Now GF have a roll the trinity has been restored (maybe).

Be thankful now, cry later when you realize your Cleric can't keep you alive anymore.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Be thankful now, cry later when you realize your Cleric can't keep you alive anymore.

Pretty much that. Other than in pvp no sure why people want to nerf clerics so much. I have a level 60 and I messed about with it some on the test shard and overall I wasn't that impressed with these changes. Not saying I'd ditch the cleric outright at this point since it will take time, and some respec tokens which hopefully Cryptic will throw us a bone and grant a bunch of these on the test server, but my initial impression is I'd more than likely go back to one of my other characters. So yeah when everyone is sitting in the queue for hours waiting on clerics just remember you got what you wanted.
  • soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Our cleric didn't mind it as much. What he did love is not having to endlessly kite everything. So the Astral Shield nerfing (which you knew was going to happen) isn't as bad, at least in PVE.
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    I don't care that much, is Divine Glow woriking now in divine mode?
  • riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to join in thanking pwe for this.

Thank you SO much for "destroying" Astral Shield! :D
    You really do care. <3
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »

Cleric heals as it stands in test is plenty to keep a tank alive. If their dying its because they are some crappy DPS spec. Best put on more defense brah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
    edited June 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    I don't care that much, is Divine Glow woriking now in divine mode?

I would like to know this as well??? I heard that it hurts allies abilities when used.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited June 2013
    soanvalcke wrote: »
    Our cleric didn't mind it as much. What he did love is not having to endlessly kite everything. So the Astral Shield nerfing (which you knew was going to happen) isn't as bad, at least in PVE.

We knew the stacking would be fixed. Which was fine. The cooldown change wasn't necessary.

As I said not crying about it too much. I'll actually give a few dungeon runs a few tries and see how it pans out. If I don't like it I'll just play another class that's OK with me.
    edited June 2013
    I can understand why they changed the cooldown. Do you really need the blue circle to be down 100% of the time, though?
    edited June 2013
    Well, the way its suppose to work is if you want AS down 100% of the time, you build high Recovery at the expense of other stats. Well, you cant do that now because AS has a hard count to it. It's kinda rigged .
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited June 2013
    I can understand why they changed the cooldown. Do you really need the blue circle to be down 100% of the time, though?

Depends on the situation but most times probably not. However as someone in another thread mentioned this actually encourages groups to have two clerics since they can alternate casting Astral Shield and maintain 100% uptime on it. When I tested it I had a 6 second gap while waiting on cooldown. That seems a long time but I haven't done any real world tests so I'm withholding final judgement for now.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

yes, you never know who needs healing or some dmg mitigation, + we dont really have good insta-heals.

I dont mind them not stacking, sure thats ok, but the cd T_T, its not like AShield was godly, you can always CC and push the healer in it (in pvp) or a lot of critters with knockbacks in pve.

The healer cant always kite specially when casting, casting animation for most skills are sloooooooowww.

If our other buffs and debuffs lasted longer and/or functioned properly, then maybe the AS nerf is ok.

I just wish they fixed the other bugs first than nerf, its not like you can always find a CW who knows how to chain cc mobs or (i've only seen 4) loves to use black hole (coz most of them use ice hammer for last hitting in pvp).

Why nerf the support class now and making it more difficult for the group i think its too soon for a nerf when the other spells and feats are still buggy, oh include the armor sets.

Someone saying get gwfs ... sure....... as if it was that easy, next is find a really good gwf that can manage trash mobs well.

I really think this nerf came too soon.
    edited June 2013
    In PVE, the GF can now hold aggro, so there isn't really a need for the cleric to kite anymore. I have no suggestions for PVP.
  • rosehoperosehope Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    After the patch, two clerics are still better than one. One isn't good enough anymore.

Reasons:

1) Astral shield won't stack, but uptime is no longer 100%. Two clerics means 100% uptime on Astral Shield.

2) Two clerics means 100% uptime on Divine Armor or Hallowed Ground. With nerfed Astral Shield stacking, this will become even more important.

3) Two clerics means they can cross-heal each other, negating the 40% self-heal debuff.

Solutions so that a group only "needs" one cleric:

1) Give back 100% uptime on Astral Shield to one cleric.

2) Give clerics meaningful, activated heals that can actually save party members, as well as an activated sooth that gives them breathing room from aggro (i.e. fade from WoW).

3) Change Righteousness. Make it a toggle -- either 40% healing reduction or 40% damage dealt reduction. Good for groups and good for soloing -- just have to decide what "mode" to be in. That way in groups clerics won't be able to kill much, but they will be able to stay alive longer.
  • riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rosehope wrote: »
    3) Remove Righteousness so that the 40% healing debuff becomes a 40% damage debuff. That way clerics won't be able to kill much, but they will be able to stay alive longer. No more PvE/PvP whines about "OP" clerics either.
    The rest is cool. But this one you need to think more on. Cause that would still be OP as the game stands now.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes, it's obvious they balanced the game around it.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rosehope wrote: »

Solutions so that a group only "needs" one cleric:

2) Give clerics meaningful, activated heals that can actually save party members, as well as an activated sooth that gives them breathing room from aggro (i.e. fade from WoW).

3) Remove Righteousness so that the 40% healing debuff becomes a 40% damage debuff. That way clerics won't be able to kill much, but they will be able to stay alive longer. No more PvE/PvP whines about "OP" clerics either.

2) More active skills is definitely not the answer. There are only three spaces for encounters and I do not want this. Better healing would be nice though.

3) So it takes them forever to solo in pve? No thanks.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Don't mind the change, just wish we were given some improvement to broken skills such as Healing word with its static 15s cooldown and the rather odd cooldown on bastion of health that people have been puzzled by since beta.

the change to cleanse is mind boggling, as it should now be changed to a 1/1 skill rather than a 1/3. As no one in their right mind would take 3/3, it was already pretty rare for people to take 3/3.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Cleric heals as it stands in test is plenty to keep a tank alive. If their dying its because they are some crappy DPS spec. Best put on more defense brah!

Because keeping the "tank" alive is so relevant in PvP.
  • sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Don't mind the change, just wish we were given some improvement to broken skills such as Healing word with its static 15s cooldown and the rather odd cooldown on bastion of health that people have been puzzled by since beta.

the change to cleanse is mind boggling, as it should now be changed to a 1/1 skill rather than a 1/3. As no one in their right mind would take 3/3, it was already pretty rare for people to take 3/3.

just beause you can do it doesnt mean everybody can. when you reach lvl60 you barely hit the minimum to enter a dg how will that ppl be able to properly heal and do the dg? i did cn earlier in the test server and although it went slower we managed it but we are a 12k premade pt that know exactly what we are doing how do you suggest you do this w pug. is not like they know ok as going down use this use that cordinate this cordinate that you just cant consider everything in the better conditions gotta consider it in a somewhat midle to good condition and balance from there.

not to talk about pvp you pretty much use as then dots or *****Y aoe spells
  • rosehoperosehope Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    2) More active skills is definitely not the answer. There are only three spaces for encounters and I do not want this. Better healing would be nice though.

3) So it takes them forever to solo in pve? No thanks.

2) None of the encounter powers aside from astral shield provide meaningful healing. More meaningful skills would be more fun.

3) Make it a toggle -- either 40% healing reduction or 40% damage dealt reduction. Good for groups and good for soloing -- just have to decide what "mode" to be in.
  • thezappfethezappfe Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »

Agree with this. So much.
  • cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    You guys are so rediculous. All of the dungeons are now completable with a traditional team (1 of each class) or GF/DC/2CW/TR or GWF. Astral Shield is not needed 100% of the time for any dungeon just pop HG when AS is down to mitigate however I do agree clerics need a single target "big heal". GF's can tank easily now in a Protector build with a single cleric as long as they are geared to tank. CN and every T2 has been completed on the test server with 1 DC.
  • vhaen3vhaen3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem I foresee will be that new/undergeared healers will rarely get a chance to do the harder stuff. All content may have been cleared on the test server by overgeared and experienced groups but that is not reflective of the overall playerbase.

Not having Astral Shield 24/7 is a good thing but they really need to buff the other healing skills for DCs eg. Bastion of Health and Healing Word. BoH for where it is in the Power tree should be more poweful as we do not have a huge single target heal. HW is a DoT heal that you can only land on your intended target if there are no mobs between you and the recipient or if you're extremely good at moving around and targeting your teammates avatar.

Revive sickness not being able to be cleansed might be a good thing but it just makes the Cleanse feat useless at 3/3. Definitely not a worthy feat for where it is on the Feat tree.

It would also be nice if you can fix all the broken tier set bonuses on gear especially Miracle Healer for DC.

P/S: Have any DCs checked out whether Recovery affects AS cooldown? My DC haven't been ported over yet.
  • adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    You guys are so rediculous...

Actualy you are the only ridicolus one, really if you don't understand how a cleric have to work to keep a party alive, then just don't post.
    Let me tell you a thing: a cleric is not just the guy who fill you hp bar, usualy is the guy that take the most stress/insults/responsibility of failure while doing dungeons.
    CN was perfectly doable with one cleric even on the main server, but have two just halves the stress and make the cleric player actualy breath between a casting and another, have a 20 second duration on AS perhaps was too much time (not even sure...) but the good thing was mainly the grace time between the casting, time spent to take a better look at the location and eventualy decide if is better move and mark another place with the AS.
    Halving it make things just more messed during a fight, with the cleric freneticaly watching the timer of skill cooldown.

Hell! let clerics breath a bit.
  • cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    adruken wrote: »
    Actualy you are the only ridicolus one, really if you don't understand how a cleric have to work to keep a party alive, then just don't post.
    Let me tell you a thing: a cleric is not just the guy who fill you hp bar, usualy is the guy that take the most stress/insults/responsibility of failure while doing dungeons.
    CN was perfectly doable with one cleric even on the main server, but have two just halves the stress and make the cleric player actualy breath between a casting and another, have a 20 second duration on AS perhaps was too much time (not even sure...) but the good thing was mainly the grace time between the casting, time spent to take a better look at the location and eventualy decide if is better move and mark another place with the AS.
    Halving it make things just more messed during a fight, with the cleric freneticaly watching the timer of skill cooldown.

Hell! let clerics breath a bit.

I play cleric as my main otherwise I wouldn't post. I also have a GF 60 and have run all T2/CN on the test server from both perspectives. Clerics work much less now to keep everyone alive as the GF controls most of the adds now. When AS isn't up sure tanks HP drops but you can't just stand a face tank like most parties have been doing with dual AS. Everyone has to work together now instead of rolling easy mode. Every single dungeon was WAY to easy prior to these changes. All that really needs to be done now is slight tweaks to the adds on boss fights.