test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dwarf King's Crypt dropping T2?

deberserkerdeberserker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In the trailer on the Gauntlgrym the narrator says that Dwarf King's Crypt will be dropping T2 equipment and Fardelver Crypt will be dropping T1. Is this new gear or the same old Tier 1/2 as we're used to from before? Maybe the reinforced gauntlets of certain T2 sets drop here?
Post edited by deberserker on

Comments

• Options
    forumz24forumz24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How would anyone know what you are asking. Only the devs know and you know they aren't going to come on here and answer your question. We can presume a lot but in the end we don't know anything. I can presume its new T2 gear because the set the Great Weapon Fighter (my class) is wearing in the video is currently NOT in the game. So my hopes is it is a new Tier2 set as well as the reinforced gauntlets (whatever they do). Keep in mind there are also the Grym Coins that are exchanged for things (we don't know what yet).
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm really hoping it's an in house naming convention and these are separate raid tiers.

What the **** is the point of more t1 and t2 sets?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I'm really hoping it's an in house naming convention and these are separate raid tiers.

What the **** is the point of more t1 and t2 sets?

The point is the game ISN'T EVEN OUT yet, why should they already be upping the gear tier, thats just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Gauntlgrym was supposed to launch at the start of open beta (apparent due to quests in log and dailies for it) so it would only make sense that its still t1-t2 gear. People wanting a T3 set already are just moronic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    forumz24 wrote: »
    The point is the game ISN'T EVEN OUT yet, why should they already be upping the gear tier, thats just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Gauntlgrym was supposed to launch at the start of open beta (apparent due to quests in log and dailies for it) so it would only make sense that its still t1-t2 gear. People wanting a T3 set already are just moronic.

20 man content taking a projected 2 hours should give the same loot I can get in 15 minutes during a Delve. You're absolutely right.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    20 man content taking a projected 2 hours should give the same loot I can get in 15 minutes during a Delve. You're absolutely right.

So you are an exploiter? Got it, move along.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So you are an exploiter? Got it, move along.

You can't do t1 in 15 minutes? Maybe get better dps :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You can't do t1 in 15 minutes? Maybe get better dps :D

Who the farlk runs t1's?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Who the farlk runs t1's?

The same people who will bother to do the losing side dungeon if it drops t1.

I guess it might have a decent purpose if the losing dungeon dropped multiple guaranteed t1 pieces per boss. I can just imagine a lot of losing sides not bothering with their dungeon.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People play for fun much?....
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »

I'm worried for the people trying to do the t1 dungeon if half the raid leaves because they were only interested in the t2 one.

If you have to unlock the dungeons, I have little hope for being able to add brand new people.
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The same people who will bother to do the losing side dungeon if it drops t1.

I guess it might have a decent purpose if the losing dungeon dropped multiple guaranteed t1 pieces per boss. I can just imagine a lot of losing sides not bothering with their dungeon.

Exactly. T1 is so easy to get currently. Just by watching for deals on the AH I had a full set of T1 level gear waiting for me by the time I dinged 60. If I'm on the losing side of Gauntlgrym, would I spend any time running the dungeon, knowing full well that there is nothing to be gained from it? Maybe the first time, just to see the content. But after that, not very likely.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why are people forgetting about Grym Coins and what they can potentially purchase. I would assume even completing the T1 section will reward Grym Coins which could be used for potentially great things such as pets, dyes, cosmetic weapons, more cosmetic gear, maybe even those reinforced gauntlets that show in our T2 set lists.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can presume its new T2 gear because the set the Great Weapon Fighter (my class) is wearing in the video is currently NOT in the game. So my hopes is it is a new Tier2 set

They did say they were looking on add more variety into the aesthetics of current gear based on item level so it could just be that.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »

Who are you to define someone else's fun?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why are people forgetting about Grym Coins and what they can potentially purchase. I would assume even completing the T1 section will reward Grym Coins which could be used for potentially great things such as pets, dyes, cosmetic weapons, more cosmetic gear, maybe even those reinforced gauntlets that show in our T2 set lists.

The track record for seal gear puts the armor below level of drops in the same tier so I'm skeptical. Unless there's a very rare aug pet in there, I'm not going to be that excited.

That's just me.