test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AP regeneration and toward endgame considerations

theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
edited June 2013 in The Library
So i have been following the Thaumaturge build for control wizards, since I am approaching end game, I wonder if anyone can enlighten me on recharging dailies for CC in epics.

At the moment, using arcane singularity and exploding shield gives me at most half of the total AP, casting steal time after that gives me another 25% further, I have already speced INT and WIS heavy for the CC bonus and AP gain bonus, is there anyway I can improve this AP generation further so I can guarantee the singularity is ready in one spell rotation, which is, at the moment:
1.Arcane singularity
2.Shield pop
3.Steal time
4.Chill strike in spell mastery
All above are maxed
for class I have storm spell and the storm eye

I'm currently at level 52 and have 2K+power and 1.3K recovery, about 300 crit, how should I be gearing myself for epics?

Last question :)

For the PVP set, shall I enchant it and what shall I enchant it with? Currently have level 6 enchants and lesser plaugefire and lesser T.... (forgot the name)

thanks!
Post edited by theisingguy on

Comments

• conq2conq2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Entangling force on tab gets me 1/2-full AP. i would recommend using that.

Edit a little more indepth:

the rotation i use in most cases is

1. pop arcane singularity
    2. icy terrain
    3. then entangling force
    4. usually i have almost full bar from entangling force, so i wont use shield sometimes, but otherwise i use it after entangling force.

Also I have a 4 PC archmage set i swap on for bosses if I'm the only CW. hope that helps you.
  • lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Boost your recovery it will help but don't enchant pvp set, get a better one imho
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Entangling Force is the best AP gain Power, but only if it is slotted in Mastery.
    Then comes Shield knockback.
    Ray of Enfeeblement also does a decent amount of AP gain.

But with Entangling and Shield + Enough Adds, you can easily get Singularities back to back.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013

For the PVP set, shall I enchant it and what shall I enchant it with? Currently have level 6 enchants and lesser plaugefire and lesser T.... (forgot the name)

I would not put lvl6 enchants in the pvp set. You will most likely drop it for a t2 set of your choice. IF you really want to enchant it i would put some lvl 4/5 enchants in it.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    get 3000 recovery to begin with and try and keep it high up. and yea tab-entangling force, shield and steal time and some other spell. whatever seems useful for the encounter.

You job wont be to do tons of damage however, but having damage is also beneficial to the group in most situations.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • uniqueuseriduniqueuserid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it a endgame thing? I'm level 40 and a Mastery Entangling force only gives me 12% on the training dummies. While a tabbed shield can get me 18% (providing you hit 2 targets). Is it increased by the amount of targets pulled in?
  • deths1deths1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For CN I do the set up from above (tab entangle). For Karr I do tabbed IoC for the 15% migration debuff and there is normally enough mobs to keep your action points maxed most of the time. The problem you come up with is every t2 boss you cant really have the same set up. For example, tabbed repel is amazing on Spell's last boss, entangle is amazing tabbed in CN's last boss, etc.

Edit:
    I mostly run as a Thaumaturge:
    Tab IoC
    Icy Terrain (SW Buff)
    Shield (AP regen)
    Steal Time (amazing)

Normally I am 1 or 2 in damage, but it really doesn't matter as long as cleric/clerics live I don't care if I'm last lol.
  • rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it a endgame thing? I'm level 40 and a Mastery Entangling force only gives me 12% on the training dummies. While a tabbed shield can get me 18% (providing you hit 2 targets). Is it increased by the amount of targets pulled in?

Both shield and Entangling Force increase AP gain by how many targets are affected. I've used EF in Castle Never on some large groups and gotten full AP with just that. By the time you have about 12+ targets affected, you should be able to have a full bar with just shield and EF.

I've also found it useful to use Steal Time just as the adds are dropping from Singularity, and then pop Icy Terrain right after so that they are dazed for a few seconds, then frozen right after, from standing on the IT area for those few seconds.
  • georhebushgeorhebush Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    did a calculation of recovery returns if anyone's interested.
    posted here:
    io1enthusiast.blogspot.com

Since the proc on Eye of the Storm is pretty frequent, I'm actually leaning towards prioritizing wisdom over charisma, since the AP %-gain is at least as important as the CD reduction...
  • uniqueuseriduniqueuserid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    georhebush wrote: »
    did a calculation of recovery returns if anyone's interested.
    posted here:
    io1enthusiast.blogspot.com

Since the proc on Eye of the Storm is pretty frequent, I'm actually leaning towards prioritizing wisdom over charisma, since the AP %-gain is at least as important as the CD reduction...

Now this is interesting! I've been making a wisdom build and it's interesting to see the cooldown/AP gain relationship. You might of noticed that longer cooldowns give more AP, and if you reduce the cooldown by skill ranks you also reduce the AP gained (in some proportion to the amount reduced).

Do you suppose that the INT stat while reducing cooldown ALSO reduces AP gain? This is something that has been bugging me that I can't really test until level 60...