test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicked in the junk

noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I just read through the changes you're excited to make to the game. Firstly I would like to stress my next question so I will lead with it. What the **** are you thinking? I have a 10k gs, here is what happens when I find myself 1v1 vs lesser or equal gear of different classes.

1. VS TR: from stealth i take damage, then they come out on me with the ability that does 10k (very consistent) dmg and silences me. At this point I'm usually at 25% health. Then they get to pop whatever ability makes them immune to CC and significantly reduces damage. At this point they can either crit me for 40k, or try to finish me off with other skills. How the **** did I get nerfed more than this?

2. VS GF: this varies based on the gf build, but i have encountered several gfs that spec'd plaguefire/tenebrous enchants that basically go like this...charge me for 9k, knock me down, hit me again, knock me down, charge me again, dead. I got nerfed though.

3. VS GWF: yes I open up and maybe do 35-50% damage in the entangle, then the GWF grows, now my spells hit like i'm throwing ****ing flowers at him so I have to kite and pray to god he doesnt land his knock down or kill me with the 3 spirit things attack. but i got nerfed.

There is one common theme in every 1v1 i have: i'm working my ****in *** off to stay alive, and you're gonna go ahead and nerf me? the steal time nerf is a slap in the face, the only way i will ever get a 5 stack of arcane mastery without it is playing vs afk.

So basically, what the **** are you doing?
Post edited by noosed on

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PVP will never be balanced around 1v1. Ever. It just doesnt work.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PVP will never be balanced around 1v1. Ever. It just doesnt work.

Well that's a valid point, I will say that I wont be sticking around to become some kind of dodge king though, cuz that's all i'll be good for in pvp.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You're correct, no more balancing patches will ever be released. Might as well leave now.
    edited June 2013
    I dont have a problem leaving a F2P game, the point of this thread is: why would you nerf something far from OP into the ground and leave almost everything else (they did nerf the rogue 40k critter, will now "only" hit for 17k) in tact.
    edited June 2013
    The point of this thread is your crying because your class got nerfed and others didnt. Welcome to MMO's. This happens.
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Please... do the community a favor and quit
    edited June 2013
    Lol. No what i'm doing is asking how the **** it's possible cw got picked out to get molested by the nerf stick. TR GF GWF so broken in comparison.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    These PVP threads are weird because it's anecdotal evidence that's always describing something I never see. When I play, Control Wizards are nearly untouchable, but here you say that you're practically useless. So who's right?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wait, your saying you have problems killing as of now as a CW???

Yeah you realllllly need to quit the game...
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    These PVP threads are weird because it's anecdotal evidence that's always describing something I never see. When I play, Control Wizards are nearly untouchable, but here you say that you're practically useless. So who's right?

what do u play?
    edited June 2013
    adhal81 wrote: »
    Wait, your saying you have problems killing as of now as a CW???

Yeah you realllllly need to quit the game...

no that's not what i'm saying, but it's not all that easy vs equally geared players. and the nerfs are significant and across the board.
  • keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You make a thread basically saying how terrible your class is against everything and you expect who to believe that exactly? We've all pvped, some of us extensively - who are you trying to fool? CW's are not useless now, they won't be useless after the changes. Grow a spine and stop crying.
  • swissmercswissmerc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The first question you have to ask as a CW is: "What am I doing in CC in the first place?"

You are a wizard, in ALL MMOs and paper and pencil games I know wizards are squishy and easy to kill. As a CW your main tactic is to stay OUT of CC and fight from range, then you become very nasty and hard to take out.
    As a TR I have been taken out 1v1 against a CW because I hardly ever managed to get into contact with him. I love CWs who stand around just shooting, easy pickings.

Bottom line, as a CW, mobility and distance are your friends; being static and in contact is a bad idea.
    edited June 2013
    Bottomer line: the cw nerf is excessive.
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Bottomer line: the cw nerf is excessive.

No it is not. Who's winning?
    edited June 2013
    Could go either way, in my deluded hopeful opinion.