test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for making clerics suck even more in PVP

eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
PvP
Finished PvP maps no longer stand a chance of sometimes stranding players without a Leave button.
Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.
Players must now participate in a PvP match to qualify for its rewards.
Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.
We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update.

PvP matches that go by much more quickly than expected now give fewer rewards.
The "Match Start" countdown now properly waits until the match is about to begin to start counting down.
The minimap zoom boundaries in both PvP maps have been improved; players should be able to zoom out more.
The rewards for losing a PvP match have been lowered.
While waiting for more players to join a PvP match, the UI now displays that it's waiting for players.
Post edited by eskarine on

Comments

• wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update.
    we are looking into solutions for a future update.

No matter how good an update is, some people will always complain about something. And you are complaining about something they already know, and saying they will be looking for a solution in a future update.
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wrannec wrote: »
    No matter how good an update is, some people will always complain about something. And you are complaining about something they already know, and saying they will be looking for a solution in a future update.

Just as long as it took them to fix other important issues, like foundry sound? I think clerics will end up getting short end of the stick and the next update will be god knows when.
  • adakhiadakhi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player."

Easy solution: Do some damage :)!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    The problem with clerics in PvP is that they really think their job is to either heal or DPS.

You take points by knocking them off with Sunburst, slowing them with Forgemaster's, and keeping yourself alive with Shield.

It's similar to the Guardian Fighter strategy. You don't have to kill your opponent to take a point from them - you just have to keep them off it.
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure what the OP is doing in PvP, but Clerics don't suck...
  • mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    Astral Seal does damage.
    Sunburst does damage.
    Forgemasters does damage.

I see no issue.
  • xippinxippin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just as long as it took them to fix other important issues, like foundry sound? I think clerics will end up getting short end of the stick and the next update will be god knows when.

So you actually have to do something other then drop Astral Shield in pvp? OH EM GEE...

How about throwing an astral seal, a daunting light, a sun burst or any of your other abilities that deals damage.
  • mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    xippin wrote: »
    So you actually have to do something other then drop Astral Shield in pvp? OH EM GEE...

How about throwing an astral seal, a daunting light, a sun burst or any of your other abilities that deals damage.

How does he build Divinity...?
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If you don't attack as cleric, you sir are in wrong game.
  • xippinxippin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mattplex wrote: »
    How does he build Divinity...?

Divinity is built through dealing damage
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Umm..how did it used to work anyway? In what cases would you get assist without doing damage?
  • mrtorturemrtorture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if u think clerics are healers in D&D think again... the main healer on D&D are druids... cleris are damage dealers who can buff and heal theirselfs
  • arlacharlach Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    Umm..how did it used to work anyway? In what cases would you get assist without doing damage?

Not sure of all of the ways, but lets say my teammate "A", and enemy is "B"

A and B are fighting each other, but instead of nuking B, i heal my teammate A instead.
    A kills B.
    I get an assist.

Seems like this won't be the case in future though.
    Along with astral shield nerf, probably means I'll be slotting 3x nukes instead :p (forgemasters, break spirit, daunting light), no more heals for teammates!
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know why they made this change?

I certainly didn't see Clerics topping the points list due to kill assists... Is there something I am unaware of where players are racking up insane kill assist numbers while not dealing any damage? This change just seems a little baffling to me.

I use Sunburst on my own Cleric for the knockback, and spam Astral Seal like nobody's business, so this really shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm just wondering, why would they even bother making this change, if it isn't a problem?

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    edited June 2013
    Devs hate clerics, and they obviously haven't played one in pve and pvp.

The only 'problem' was astral shield stacking, but devs overswung the nerfhammer.

Even in double astral shield, TRs still 2-3hit me, and CWs 3-4 hit me.
    Really don't understand what the issue was all about.

Just do pvp for dailies, but be prepared to get kicked from parties as a cleric.
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They didn't do it because they "hate clerics". It was a change that affects everyone, clerics only got in the way.
    All I see clerics do is staying in a point, inside their circle and knocking people off so I don't see how you won't be getting assists.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cleric kinda is a easy win for the team that has one too the team that doesn't. Although players are getting smarter but the cleric is the easy win class in both pve/pvp. You just want one no matter what. The adjustment on assist is great. Also the Aoe a cleric does might just get more assist then melee. So you aren't even thinking. Just play your OP class and enjoy.
    edited June 2013

I would be standing at node 3. looking at someone way off in the distance my team would kill them at the other node but I looked at them so I got a assist. That is not assisting. So the change was needed for proper earned points since there is a reward for top points.
    edited June 2013
    Cleric kinda is a easy win for the team that has one too the team that doesn't. Although players are getting smarter but the cleric is the easy win class in both pve/pvp. You just want one no matter what. The adjustment on assist is great. Also the Aoe a cleric does might just get more assist then melee. So you aren't even thinking. Just play your OP class and enjoy.

Have you played a lv 60 cleric in pvp? There's no easy win when you get 2 hit killed.
    Having a cleric on a team isn't a guaranteed win, nor is having 2. When you have 3 clerics on a team, it's closer to a guaranteed lose since clerics have no dps to kill anyone with, while they grab all the point nodes.

Clerics are ok in pvp, not great, although I wouldn't say they're terrible (against cw/tr, everyone is terrible, but that's off-topic).
    Glass cannon that's not a cannon, but can provide some pretty decent damage mitigation and emergency heals.
    edited June 2013
    Hmm when a cleric is in a PvP game with me I make sure to tell my team to focus fire on them so we can win. I will knock them out of astral shield and its a must to take that node. A cleric normally can face tank wherever he goes and should never be 2 shot ever. Seen a cleric hold off 2v1 and get kills. So yea they are game changing. Rather have a cleric on my team then face one and have everyone focus on them.

The assist change was needed cause it was random and bugged. I would stack up tons of assist and never ever even come close to attacking them. I rather have a earned assist then 10 assist on players I didn't even hit.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

This does suck I agree...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics doesn't suck. Try using a DC char, you will know.

You are probably a TR or a CW so you can say that because you can kill them easily with ease.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Wait, foundry sound is important? Because a few missing ambient sounds in totally optional content is game breaking? Foundry sound, that they are fixing next patch? Is that the foundry sound you are crying about?

A certain phrase about molehills comes to mind.
  • serialmomserialmom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they could easily do what rift does, simply count healing as contribution just as damage is counted as contribution. problem solved, although back in the day it did help my mage and cleric swim over from meridian and heal simmersand and rack up some early simmer planarites when i saw invasions on the map over there. you don't have to worry about those issues in this game (honestly I did count it as exploiting heal contribution, but not a horrible one it just gave me a head start on gear purchases for that zone back then)
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You could simply stand there and be afk getting assists for every kill your team was getting..
  • thedrifter65thedrifter65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The fact that I can't even do anything because there is so much CC in this game is what completely kills ALL aspects of pvp for me as a Cleric. I can't imagine how Cryptic dropped the ball so hard on PvP balance, but even if I manage to get some sort of spell off, it won't keep or my allies alive because everything else does SO much damage, including the "tank" class, or if I decide to try to deal damage, the Cleric is spit on in that regard as well, since none of my abilities hit for anything close to what the other classes can do.

The Devoted Cleric is STRICTLY a PvE class, which in my eyes is horrifically unfair and I wish I had known that prior to leveling one all the way to 60.

I do enjoy this game, the PvE combat is phenomenal and doesn't get old and stale and keeps you on your toes, the story line was alright, it sticks to D&D well. But the classes are the epitome of imbalanced and that, coupled with hilariously inefficient and awful customer service is what is keeping me from spending any more money than the $20 I already have. I would love to support this game, but that will not happen until a PvP and class balance overhaul happens. I thought that's what beta's were for, but since we are now past "release", it appears Cryptic forgot what the reasoning behind having a beta is.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update."
    Anyone else find this statement disturbing?
    They knew, before implementation, that it was broken and would need a solution, but put it in game anyway...
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And as usual, when someone speak about a good point, start the "stop complain". No, it's true. My main is a GF. Some people whine about GF being OP. Some people about GWF, other TR, other CW. None say Cleric are OP. Cleric are totally up in pvp, and consider also that every class can do it's job AND give a decent dps, while cleric can't. They are necessary, but ehy, respec is not free and this is another problem for players who want to do pvp and pve.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    anyone realize they necroed a thread 20 days old now?
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

during the last patch was a note that stated that the skill that gave the cleric twice as much divinity points than intended for non-attack activities was reduced in half (or at least something that generated twice as much power was, I'd have to read over the patch notes again)