test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Punishing/Soothing light on test shard

deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Great, make it based on character level. How about you give it a decent coefficient on our stats?

Seriously, on test shard:

Punishing Light: (BiS) Weapon only, ~1700 power: 552 - 649; full BiS gear, ~6000 power: 639 - 735

Soothing Light: (BiS) Weapon only, ~1700 power: 474 - 557; full BiS gear, ~6000 power: 548 - 631

If you're going to massively nerf Astral Shield's uptime, can we at least get a few buffs to compensate for it? If I'm going to waste a bunch of Divinity on a terrible HoT tick, can it at least be not-so-terrible? If I'm wearing the best gear in the game, our Divinity At-Wills should at least be worth looking at - your "fix" did nothing to make this so.

No cleric worth their salt would use these over a Divinity Encounter, and this is after you made them "good." Does anyone you have working for you play a cleric, at all? Both of these skills need some serious power coefficient adjustments.

Really? Righteousness affects one of our "core" abilities like Divine At-Wills? /golfclap
Post edited by deistik on

Comments

• warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do agree, that the Divinity At Wills feel very under powered atm, and could likely use a boost... at the very least Soothing Light.
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • uncannyluckuncannyluck Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    I do agree, that the Divinity At Wills feel very under powered atm, and could likely use a boost... at the very least Soothing Light.

Obviously you're supposed to invest in the feats to make them stronger! </sarcasm>
  • warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fair enough, as I said in other posts I really feel they are trying to make us steer away from the previous top builds, and try out new ones.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hell, I'd love some feats to make them stronger!

Feat: Divinity Mastery - Your Divinity At-Wills now are actually worth using Divinity on!

I'd spend 5 on that.
  • uncannyluckuncannyluck Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »

Feat: Divinity Mastery - Your Divinity At-Wills now are actually worth using Divinity on!

I'd spend 5 on that.

There are feats that boost healing from Soothing Light, IIRC.
    edited June 2013

I'd spend 5 on that.

Desperate Renewal sounds like it turns it into a pretty potent Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Heal.

When your friendly target has less than 25% Hit Points, increase the Healing of Soothing Light by 5/10/15/20/25%.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Desperate renewal is a **** feat. Oh, your ally is at 25% hp? Then he should use a pot, not rely on some crappy Divine At-will to get him healed. Don't even get me started on how many useless feats we have.
    edited June 2013
    Is it though really, and is that the attitude a healer should have? Perhaps with Threat getting fixed that Talent will become more Viable as GFs (in theory) will be taking a lot more damage, seems like a legit Tank heal option.
    edited June 2013
    It is, really. If you're doing your job correctly, and so is everyone else, no one will ever be under 25% HP. If they are, they just use a pot and they're good. If that feat was a static +25% healing to Soothing Light, it would be a given to take it.

I feel like I'm a great healer, and so does everyone I group with, regardless of my attitude :p
  • cmbtwombatcmbtwombat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ 25%, thats 788 a tick, until target hits 25%, then its back to 631? On a single target channel? Potent isn't the word I'd use for that.

Maybe if the divinity drain was minimal I could see using it... but a 20sec + channel to get someone back to close to full hp. We don't have 20 seconds of divinity to channel continually.
    edited June 2013
    cmbtwombat wrote: »
    @ 25%, thats 788 a tick, until target hits 25%, then its back to 631? On a single target channel? Potent isn't the word I'd use for that.

Maybe if the divinity drain was minimal I could see using it...

See that's the thing to test though does it auto go back to the old tick or does it stay on the current tick until you unclick and click again. If it stays on current Click as long as you have the button held down it'll be a powerful Tank topper offer if they get to low. If not then yeah it's meh.

Just a thought, of course. I don't have time to test it tonight but given how it actually works could make it a nice talent to pick trying to get to Power Of The Sun, to offer damage reduction.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it though really, and is that the attitude a healer should have? Perhaps with Threat getting fixed that Talent will become more Viable as GFs (in theory) will be taking a lot more damage, seems like a legit Tank heal option.

No that feat is just very underwhelming.

A 25% boost at under 25% isn't much of anything unless it was affecting all of our healing.

It should at the very least be either 50% under 25% or vice versa.

I would be nice if Soothing Light actually CREATED divinity instead of spent it.
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

I would be nice if Soothing Light actually CREATED divinity instead of spent it.

I agree with that, it would give is more reason to stay in Channel Divinity Longer, coming out to apply Astral Seal, and Sacred Flame or Brand Of The Sun.. making the playstyle more reactive.
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to do a ****load of testing on different things on test this weekend, I'll definitely report back. As it is, I'm definitely looking at picking up Linked Spirit over Invigorated Healing, and probably dropping Moontouched for Power of Oppression.

If they gave our Divinity At-Wills a decent power coefficient, I could see getting 1k+ ticks with soothing light, with no feats to increase it. The power difference between those numbers in my OP is literally ~4500.
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to do a ****load of testing on different things on test this weekend, I'll definitely report back. As it is, I'm definitely looking at picking up Linked Spirit over Invigorated Healing, and probably dropping Moontouched for Power of Oppression.

If they gave our Divinity At-Wills a decent power coefficient, I could see getting 1k+ ticks with soothing light, with no feats to increase it. The power difference between those numbers in my OP is literally ~4500.

Same I'm trying to see if maybe stuff we over looked before because Astral Shield was so Powerful, may be worth taking a second look at. Who knows, we may discover some new combos. Plus we have to take into account the changes to other classes too. So many variables at the moment.. it's kind of exciting Nerfs aside and all.
  • tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    Desperate Renewal can be pretty epic for assisting a low health Guardian Fighter in PvP. Oh, you thought you could finish my friend off didn't you? Just a few more at-will attacks was going to be enough, wasn't it? WRONG! I've had some good times with it like that.

Other than that, I suppose it's kind of meh. If the health threshold were a bit higher I could see it having a bit more practicality in PvE. Single target healing in general is kind of rough in PvE though. (Targeting is just a major pain.)
  • madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Soothing Light is terrible. There is no "feat" or "talent" that can mitigate this fact. Not only does it use up Divine Power, but the healing is so low that you are actually better off using ANY other ability to heal a person than this supposed emergency heal.

The coefficients on the ability would be fine if this was an at-will power that did not consume DP and was used in concert with the feat that allows you to build Divine Power from non damaging abilities allowing the cleric to run around in Divine Mode and using single target heals to build DP and do healing versus added damage....but as a consumer of DP it is absolutely horrific.
  • koralis7koralis7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I currently use punishing light when all of my encounters are on cooldown and it does a respectable amount of extra damage. But I can only do that because of an apparently bugged feat that they've just "fixed." ;)

If we're intended to use punishing/soothing light then the divinity/tick cost needs to decrease a lot. Maybe half of what it currently is?
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Desperate Renewal sounds like it turns it into a pretty potent Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Heal.

When your friendly target has less than 25% Hit Points, increase the Healing of Soothing Light by 5/10/15/20/25%.

whats the use if your target has like 20k hp then gets hit with 5k hp left at 25%, mob hits for 10-20k.

Lets say I use Divine armor, still using soothing light on 1 target is not worth it... I wish Soothing light becomes AOE, then maybe i would invite on feat pts on that.
    edited June 2013
    I wish Soothing light becomes AOE, then maybe i would invite on feat pts on that.

Anyone know if Soothing Light healing crits can trigger Repurpose Soul?
  • gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    koralis7 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Soothing Light healing crits can trigger Repurpose Soul?

It does. It's pretty easy to test, heals with green lightning bolts beside the numbers are crit heals, you can immediately see a smaller value heal (30-40ish) if you have Repurpose Soul.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
    edited June 2013
    That will help at least. Soothing light ticks fast so potentially a lot of burst heals. If they're making the SL heal bigger, then the RS bursts will be bigger too.

Last problem is simply the divinity cost.
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Desperate renewal is a **** feat. Oh, your ally is at 25% hp? Then he should use a pot, not rely on some crappy Divine At-will to get him healed. Don't even get me started on how many useless feats we have.

going to agree with you on this lol.....100% of the time if you're that low and you don't use a pot that's off cd you're stubborn. Deistik you are far more legit that most of the people on here so no worries :0
    edited June 2013
    I really never paid any attention to this because Soothing Light is so terrible... but it's actually affected by Righteousness, too. When I crit with it (on test, with 113% crit severity), it barely heals me for more than the tooltip.

What's the point of our terrible Divinity At-Wills, again?
    edited June 2013
    I really never paid any attention to this because Soothing Light is so terrible... but it's actually affected by Righteousness, too. When I crit with it (on test, with 113% crit severity), it barely heals me for more than the tooltip.

What's the point of our terrible Divinity At-Wills, again?

I just got home from work did you play with that Feat to see if it kept the increase heal through an entire channel or if it defaulted back to normal after the health pool went over 25%. Just curious.

I mean I'm not sold on it being a great feat, I think if it keeps the increased heal it could be a nice tank topping heal once, they fix threat.. however as others have pointed out, the single target nature of it does make it lacklucter. However I just have this feeling in my stomach that eventually potions are going to get nerfed and have a much longer CD.. like other games eventual have done as well. So I'm more thinking further ahead than I need to with this feat. *shrug*

And yeah Righteousness is horrible for PvE Ihave no idea why they couldn't make it a PvP only debuff.
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013

QFT.

/10char
    edited June 2013
    I just got home from work did you play with that Feat to see if it kept the increase heal through an entire channel or if it defaulted back to normal after the health pool went over 25%. Just curious.

Running with the same spec I have on live currently.... because for some reason, on a TEST shard, you can't actually test anything unless you pay to respec. So, can't answer your question, sorry :p

Now... Soothing Light can crit for ~1500 on someone that's not me... so it could have very limited uses, just seems like there's better options to spend Divinity on.
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    Soothing Light is terrible. There is no "feat" or "talent" that can mitigate this fact. Not only does it use up Divine Power, but the healing is so low that you are actually better off using ANY other ability to heal a person than this supposed emergency heal.

The coefficients on the ability would be fine if this was an at-will power that did not consume DP and was used in concert with the feat that allows you to build Divine Power from non damaging abilities allowing the cleric to run around in Divine Mode and using single target heals to build DP and do healing versus added damage....but as a consumer of DP it is absolutely horrific.
    Thank you for injecting some sense into this discussion on Soothing Light.

Not only is it incredibly weak, but there are about 5 more important things you could be doing with your time, need to be doing with your time, than standing still channeling a weak ***, divinity draining single target heal. If it healed the whole group, then we can talk.
  • cmbtwombatcmbtwombat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can channel SL on the move, but you move at about 1/2 speed. It doesn't make the spell better, it's never been anything but an accidental cast for me when I was trying to ASeal but hadn't come out of Dmode (usually followed by me cursing myself for wasting DP)
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys please go over to : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1211-NeverwinterPreview-Feedback-General-Discussion

And post your feedback on this sort of thing. That's what it's there for.

:3