test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Trailer

vorninvornin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So only PVPers get access to the new PVE Dungeon? Because if so then "Lol... really?"
Post edited by vornin on

Comments

• Options
    lilmonkey333lilmonkey333 Banned Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    vornin wrote: »
    So only PVPers get access to the new PVE Dungeon? Because if so then "Lol... really?"

It's ingenious. You're just mad you didn't think of it first.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    i love it! This PVP looks soo addicted,i cant wait x.x.This game finally gets good end game. :)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You think the current lack of clerics in PvE is bad..? Ain't seen nothing yet :)
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So nothing new that isn't big-queued-group content until "this summer" & module 1? Meh, I'd been hoping there'd be more variety with Gaunt. Ah, well.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't like the having to PvP in order to run PvE content.
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    We're excited to announce that our most anticipated and widely-acclaimed free-to-play action MMORPG, Neverwinter, concludes Open Beta Testing and launches on June 20, 2013! The launch day also marks the release of Gauntlgrym, our level 60 PvE and PvP content for veteran players

Not just Pvp
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've never been a fan of PvP, but I find this to be an interesting concept.
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not just Pvp

His point was the you HAVE to do PvP in order to access the PvE dungeons. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> IMO.

If the PvP was fun with decent rewards you would'ent have to tag on a PvE dungeon access as a reward. Just shows me that the PVP is still lacking and the only way they can get people interested in doing it is by gating a PvE dungeon behind it.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »

Neither do I to be honest, but this does look interesting, and on top of that, those of who like PvE more get Module 1 to play with :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    still there will be plenty of ways to get T2 im sure about that =p.But Gauntlegrym is awesome.Its for those that like PVP like me-lot more then PVE,i dont care if i will go to that dungeon or not,this PVP itself is good enough for me
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    So one of those deal where you have to fight one of the boss mans in a party like you have now?

Or just you have to get beat down by a few vet PvP guys before you can unlock some new dungeons?

Either way i cant be unhappy it is new stuff and the game is not even officially launched yet. to me this is awesome and i had a nerdgasm reading about it this morn. Neverwinter has found a new fanboi in me:)
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    So nothing new that isn't big-queued-group content until "this summer" & module 1? Meh, I'd been hoping there'd be more variety with Gaunt. Ah, well.

It's already "this summer", dude, talk about impatient XD
  • Options
    pietro0815pietro0815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hm, looks like Guild only content.

I hoped for something, where peeps who like pve can do their thing, and pvp, to have something a bit more epic than the normal pvp domination. (like the early alterac vally in WoW).

Based on the trailer its looks like the Pve peeeps get forced to do some Pvp (which they probably wont do, at least not in big guilds, they simple cooperate and say today you "win" and tomorrow we do)

And the peeps who just want to do some epic pvp, well they can't really.

What i expected was something like that:

* Pve small dungeon
    * Pve big epic dungeon
    * Pvp big thingy

You earn marks regardless if you du pve or pvp, with this marks you can buy new set equipment. (like drake marks but sets)
    Then if you finish the dungeon or one round of pvp, every player gets a shard of a key. you need 20 shards to finish the key and enter the big pve dungeon.

You even could make the shards tradable.

ps. if you not already guessed i'm a fan of pvp and just run pve occasionally
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My guess is most people who lose the PvP stage will drop out instead of running the T1 dungeon. Most who are geared to be able to run the T2 dungeon (and I assume you'd have to be to enter Gauntlgrym) aren't going to want to waste time on a T1. Will suck for the few that actually want to run the T1 dungeon.

That's not a good design. Instead, both sides should get to run the T2 dungeon; just give the winner of the PvP stage a buff.
    pietro0815 wrote: »
    What i expected was something like that:

* Pve small dungeon
    * Pve big epic dungeon
    * Pvp big thingy

You earn marks regardless if you du pve or pvp, with this marks you can buy new set equipment. (like drake marks but sets)
    Then if you finish the dungeon or one round of pvp, every player gets a shard of a key. you need 20 shards to finish the key and enter the big pve dungeon.

You even could make the shards tradable.

This would be much better than what they've done. Forcing PvP on PvE and vice versa is not a good idea.
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Atleast they seem to have the mechanisms, with the catapults and stuff, so we might see more/bigger pvp element on this game in the future. The concept is new but I also expected that they would add bigger battlegrounds with new mechanisms.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    It's already "this summer", dude, talk about impatient XD

Heh, yeah, I suppose it came off that way. I guess when I see "this summer" with no date predictions, I expect it to mean a couple months. :)
  • Options
    miorummiorum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm very excited and I dislike PVP in justabout every game that's had it - the concept is surprisingly refreshing with needing to coordinate in PVE before you can PVP and even then, there'll be a reward at the end regardless of if you make it through the PVP event successfully.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    My guess is most people who lose the PvP stage will drop out instead of running the T1 dungeon.

Yeah agreed, I see this as being one of the main problems with this design. They really need to make the T1 dungeon worth it for people to want to continue. Otherwise, people will just quit if they lose the PvP battle and queue for the next one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well if they want to leave then don't join this at all. Just join regular pvp.
    And I suppose the dungeon won't require everyone to be completed.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Heh, yeah, I suppose it came off that way. I guess when I see "this summer" with no date predictions, I expect it to mean a couple months. :)

Well let's see, launch is on June 20 so that/s 1/3 summer down. Probably about a month to recover from launch and fix up issues with Gauntl. I expect the module to come around sometime in August, definitely before the 19th so they don't have to compete with DDO :)

Not that long really.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My guess is most people who lose the PvP stage will drop out instead of running the T1 dungeon. Most who are geared to be able to run the T2 dungeon (and I assume you'd have to be to enter Gauntlgrym) aren't going to want to waste time on a T1. Will suck for the few that actually want to run the T1 dungeon.

Well don't forget about the Gauntlgrym tokens. Might be able to buy some interesting things. But yeah once everyone gets those I could see them losing interest.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zefsgr wrote: »
    Well if they want to leave then don't join this at all. Just join regular pvp.
    And I suppose the dungeon won't require everyone to be completed.

The point isn't that people are likely to join just for the PvP (maybe a few will, but I doubt many will).

The point is that people are likely to join just for the T2 Dungeon, and if they fail the PvP they need to win to qualify, will just drop out instead of waste time on a T1 Dungeon.
    rapticor wrote: »
    Well don't forget about the Gauntlgrym tokens. Might be able to buy some interesting things. But yeah once everyone gets those I could see them losing interest.

If it's T2 stuff of similar quality to existing T2, then I'd expect that Gauntlgrym token gear to be similar to Drake gear, which is already plentiful. But it's possible that it'll be more impressive than that.

You also get tokens for the first two stages, by my understanding, so they won't necessarily be much of an incentive to stick through the T1 dungeon instead of restarting, even if the token gear is good.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »

Must be because your bad.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    *stifles laughter*

This... oh god...it's awesome... in the bad kinda way. xD

PVE, Gated behind PVP, gated behind PVE. XD

I'm not even going to explain the flaws, you all are reaching the natural conclusions on your own anyways and the defense of it just reeks of troll now given the ad hominem and lack of rationale.
  • Options
    pietro0815pietro0815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The point isn't that people are likely to join just for the PvP (maybe a few will, but I doubt many will)

I'm a fan of pvp and as i already posted, i hoped for a epic pvp zone, but i probably dont queue for gauntlygrym just to do some phase 1 pve dungeon to do pvp and then simple leave the rest of my team because i have no interest in a PVE big dungeon
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Must be because your bad.

Maybe he is bad. Maybe not. I'm pretty lousy at PvP.

But that's not relevant. PvP and PvE are very different. It's entirely reasonable for people to like one and not the other. Mixing them together forcibly is not a good idea.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a PVP'er I greatly enjoy the idea of this. I do enjoy pve... however.. PVP is something I enjoy the most.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why don't you try it before you freak out? It's not like your going to be pitted against some hardcore PVP Team, chances are you will be pitted against a team just like you that hates it too. It might be fun.

Its just a little battle, sheeesh. 50% Chance you can be afk for the whole ting and your team will still win. Everyone's getting upset over nothing.
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If it's T2 stuff of similar quality to existing T2, then I'd expect that Gauntlgrym token gear to be similar to Drake gear, which is already plentiful. But it's possible that it'll be more impressive than that.

Grym coins are of epic quality, opposed to blue that drake seals are, so they better earn some good rewards :P.

(In case you wonder, founder packs award 2 grym coins for hitting level 60).
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait to rain catapult ammo down upon my foes... This look hella fun.

Of course I am a guy who enjoys PvP and PvE, so this is a perfect mesh for me. :)
    va8Ru.gif