test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I enter an epic dungeon without a party of 5?

shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As title. My gf and I were trying to take a look at an epic dungeon (Idris) but at the quest entrance, there was no option to choose the Epic mode. We both have 8.5k GS.

Can we do it? Or do we have to have a full party?
Post edited by shuy1 on

Comments

• selethorselethor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only way to do an epic dungeon is by the queue.
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Thanks thou.
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not really... it slightly prevents solo exploiting...
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
    edited June 2013
    Then fix the exploiting and leave us play the way we want?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    As title. My gf and I were trying to take a look at an epic dungeon (Idris) but at the quest entrance, there was no option to choose the Epic mode. We both have 8.5k GS.

Can we do it? Or do we have to have a full party?

Nice trolling
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Nice trolling

You mean yours? Agreed.

Can't even ask question on the forum that you are called a troll. Nice way to welcome new players :rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    In what way are you a new player, if you want to duo-farm an epic dungeon? :P
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to check it out. I'm not afraid to die 10 times.
    edited June 2013
    I don't begrudge you for that, I'd love to do some runs with a smaller team as well. I was just slightly amused that you call yourself a new player when you have (obviously) a level 60 character :P
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well you CAN level awfully fast in this game.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    30 hours to level 60. does 30 hours of gameplay make me a pro player?

if someone can duo an epic dungeon, why not? i hate the 5 man thing.
    edited June 2013
    selethor wrote: »
    I don't begrudge you for that, I'd love to do some runs with a smaller team as well. I was just slightly amused that you call yourself a new player when you have (obviously) a level 60 character :P

I'm still new as you can see. Leveling up is pretty easy and fast in this game. And I like to test myself with my GF in harder content, too bad I can't do that in this game.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    t04uvm.jpg
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
    edited June 2013
    Spray it on yourself then :)

Maybe read before posting people.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The five man thing is Cryptic's way to promote team play. It is in a sense flawed as you can queue to join a pug, go do your thing without saying a word and then leave without ever really being a true team.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    30 hours to level 60. does 30 hours of gameplay make me a pro player?

if someone can duo an epic dungeon, why not? i hate the 5 man thing.
    30 hours to max level makes for a broken leveling system.

I just hit 20th with my TR. I have 3 Characters in the PnP game that I ground to over 20th! since 1978! Most of them I stopped playing after 12th, as most dungeons were for that or less. Only Castle Greyhawk spanned the full range of Lvl 1-100. Oh the fun of that game... Favorite part was if you fed one, you could get a Minitaur as an "animal companion".
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    selethor wrote: »

To be fair, it's really, really quick to get 60 just by doing the quests.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Actually I'd like something like smaller teams as well. Most dungeons could be done "easily" with 2-4 people even without exploiting sth but still you are forced to have 5 ppl. You can't even queue and maybe kick at start (you wouldn't lose anything at start) to have the possibility because solo players get lead first, then premades. Useful mostly ofc, he can't be kicked but if it is one of those guys pulling every little mob and messing some stuff up slowing the other 4 down, you can't do anything against it.
    Also I liked the challenge in other games to actually do stuff that normally require a complete party even if its not worth it. This games simply lacks some solo-trio possibilites, you are always forced to do EVERYTHING with 5 ppl except foundrys, which are only interesting for people that like the stories (I do sometimes as well, but as the only solo-content.. nah..)
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    30 hours to max level makes for a broken leveling system.
    Or it could be designed to accomodate people who don't have more time for NW (or gaming in general) than a couple of hours every week, letting them experience some measurable progression every time they log in.
    edited June 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    The five man thing is Cryptic's way to promote team play. It is in a sense flawed as you can queue to join a pug, go do your thing without saying a word and then leave without ever really being a true team.

It promotes team play with bosses fights anyway. In no way you can do an Epic Lair of Mad dragon bosses duo or even solo (tried it yesterday for the first time). So I really see no problem in allowing smallest team to explore an Epic dungeon by themselves, it's not like they can complete them anyway unless they use some kind of exploit that I'm not aware of. And even in that case, they should fix the exploit themselves. While I will keep thinking that the party system of this game is rated 1 out of 10, a party is still needed to complete a dungeon at level, even if the grouping system sucks.

But it has no option for smaller groups. If you are at lv60, looking for a guild so not in one yet, there is not really you can do right now unless you like PvP. And I don't. EDIT: And even PvP requires a 5-men team.
  • xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure there are also others like me that loves collecting all the lores and there are some in dungeons. Would love to go back to solo those non-epic low level ones and explore around plus look for the lores in there.

Usually, I prefer not to do actively search and look out for them when in a pug as it might slow and inconvenience others so being able to enter normal dungeons at least without a full group would be nice.
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~
    edited June 2013
    Just because you can't doesn't mean other can't.

Show me someone that has done it then, please.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xenodus wrote: »
    I'm sure there are also others like me that loves collecting all the lores and there are some in dungeons. Would love to go back to solo those non-epic low level ones and explore around plus look for the lores in there.
    You can do that, you just have to find the dungeon entrance in the world, click it and select enter with current team.
    edited June 2013
    No, why?

That's not the point, dummy.

Of course it's not, right? :rolleyes:
  • xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can do that, you just have to find the dungeon entrance in the world, click it and select enter with current team.

Oh I knew about walking into them. Never knew I can walk into them ALONE. Thanks for the tip, I'll go try it later :)
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Mad Dragon duo might works or at least trio. TR at boss and DC kites, with enough gear&skill it might be possible. Together with any other char it is for sure.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
    edited June 2013
    Indeed, it's not.

Yep, nice trolling thou. 2/10. "It can be done but I'm not showing you proofs because I'm evil!".

The purpose of this thread has been accomplished, my question got an answer. It can be closed if any Mod happens here. Thanks to whoever answered and not just trolled :)
  • lilmonkey333lilmonkey333 Banned Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    Yep, nice trolling thou. 2/10. "It can be done but I'm not showing you proofs because I'm evil!".

The purpose of this thread has been accomplished, my question got an answer. It can be closed if any Mod happens here. Thanks to whoever answered and not just trolled :)

The burden of proof is not on me. YOU are the one claiming it CAN'T be done. So where is YOUR proof?

Yeah, didn't think so.
    edited June 2013
    The burden of proof is not on me. YOU are the one claiming it CAN'T be done. So where is YOUR proof?

Yeah, didn't think so.

I just googled and found nothing. Now your turn ;) Also, your replies being cancelled is a proof of something else.

Done with thread and trolls. Enjoy and thanks again for the answers!
  • darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Or it could be designed to accomodate people who don't have more time for NW (or gaming in general) than a couple of hours every week, letting them experience some measurable progression every time they log in.

Dude, seriously. It's almost impossible to get any AD when you're level 60 because almost every daily requires you to repeat it 4 times, and often they're well over an hour in length. :/