test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove dungeon delve event ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    gumakk555gumakk555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just for info i running about 3-15 dungeons per day i made really many runs and yes you got lot of epic loot but if you check economy in game you gonna find out that 95% epic items from dungeons and delve chests are useless and priceless (around 300-4000 AD at AH) means if you let ppl take 1 chest per day we all can stop. As i said running dungeons whole days and havnt got my gear anyway...
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    People want more loot. Big surprise.

I think it's fine the way it is.

This. /10 chars
  • Options
    ivebeenionizedivebeenionized Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zoywiki wrote: »
    Why should I be penalized by losing a delve chest if one person leaves the group? Makes zero sense. I should be able to go in at any time to get my daily chest.

This is the part that frustrates me the most, just discovered this lovely little bug last night.

As for the rest of your post, I can see where having limited time would make an on-your-schedule system more appealing. Personally, I'm enjoying the randomness of discovering what kind of content I should run for rewards when I log in. The caveat for that is that I've only been playing Neverwinter for a few days so far, and may very well come to dislike the random factor once I've been here longer.

Dalies have been an annoying grind in most games I've played, and the random variety of rewarding content may be an attempt to offset the drudgery of repeating the same dungeon/map over-and-over.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Delves should be fixed... But not as stated...

Think about this. Currently most groups run atleast 2 dungeons from delves, some groups get 3-4 in... Well if each boss drops a piece + each players guarantees a drop thats roughly 6 pieces of end game loot per run per group... times that by 3-4 and you have 18-24 end game pieces just from this one event per group hitting the economy.... That number is astounding!

Solution: Remove the delve chest, increase the event to 2 hours, the event will make the boss drop DOUBLE loot. TWO drop slots guaranteed instead of 1. The other catch, players need to actually KILL the boss during the dungeon timer. Players can still preclear if they like, which buys them more time for more runs but even worst case here, players will get what 3-4 runs in (remember you have to KILL the boss to get the event reward)? Now your looking at 6-8 end game drops per party in 2 hours... This is 1/3 of the rate... Players will still log for that since its DOUBLE the chance of loot.

This will slow the gear into the economy and still give players plenty of incentive to play, also puts some sense of urgency around the event along with extending the event so players play longer...

They have already stated they are going to be changing the group finding process so I dont need to harp on the issue of replacing some1 if some1 leaves mid run...
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I doubt very much that the current tiers of gear will be "end game" for very long. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if the Gauntlgrym content doesn't have DD or has a lock out timer.
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As for the rest of your post, I can see where having limited time would make an on-your-schedule system more appealing. Personally, I'm enjoying the randomness of discovering what kind of content I should run for rewards when I log in. The caveat for that is that I've only been playing Neverwinter for a few days so far, and may very well come to dislike the random factor once I've been here longer.

I felt the same way at first. the event system has it's merits cause it channels people into an activity, which means you'll find other people faster (skirmishes for example). it also works quite well in STO. dungeon delves however are annoying. they should make it a daily or change the reward to AD or sth - tbh half the game systems feel under-cooked, especially when you have CO/STO right next to it
    thorizden wrote: »
    I doubt very much that the current tiers of gear will be "end game" for very long. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if the Gauntlgrym content doesn't have DD or has a lock out timer.

gauntlgrym dungeon will probably be part of the DD, gauntlegrym pvp will probably have it's own entry (it's not "arena pvp", so..).
    it also has a faction lockout iirc (you have to win pvp to get access), so only certain people are able to run it in the first place. how binding that faction is I don't know - although I expect it to be hilariously bad like other stuff. hf if you choose your faction for a week and population is 20/80 stacked against you, and don't get me started about pvp...
  • Options
    zoywikizoywiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    keys per day seems to be the way to go, putting in a system where you can gain keys doing other things in game for treasure chest unlocks at the end of the dungeon. possibly even bosses could rarely drop an unlock key too so that it can be rolled on and used right away or used in another dungeon later.

it is important if they implement some kind of keys that they are character bound.

they could also still have delves, but instead give rough AD or bonus gold drop in dungeons.
  • Options
    alianyaliany Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    delve should be 24/7 to make dungeons rewarding.

at the moment i log in, oh, no DD, k, log out.
    DD is driving away players unless its active. sucks.

This. It wouldn't be so bad if so much garbage loot was not dropping from end bosses, but it does.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If Delve was 24/7 it would probably be harder to find a group when you want one.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    This well as this, the hardcore, devalue the objects is better is easier to get a t2
  • Options
    zoywikizoywiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The delve system is just broken. It hurts the game more than it helps. It needs a revamp to be fair to all players since it is the quintessential system for increasing your power level through normal play and progression.

Make the game casual friendly should be the goal. Restrictive delves makes the game less casual friendly.