test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues are comletely broken in PVP and in PVE

avangerisavangeris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Im litteraly getting 1 shooted by rogues in pvp when they come out of stealth.
And their outdpsing me in pve with t1 weps while im fully maxed out as cw full rank 8-9 enchants going for crit severety build.I know cws is all about support but still.
Rogues are utterly broken in every way possible.
Rogues are THE most unbalanced class i have ever seen in any mmo iv played so far.

I play as a cw/dc both of em are maxed out characters and they just get 1 shooted.
Post edited by avangeris on

Comments

• laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cw is great cc/debuffer. not a single target dps like rogues.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You should be getting out DPS'd. You're not a DPS class.

Getting one shot? Don't go glass cannon.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, but Rogues in this game are NOT the most imbalanced PvP MMO class I've seen.

Go play LotRO as a Creep if you want to experience OVERPOWERED classes (all on Freep side). Rune-keepers... Hunters... Burglars... Guardians... Champions... Minstrels... ALL OF THEM can take on multiple Creeps and slaughter them wholesale no matter how long those Creeps have played nor matter their PvP rank/skill.

This game's PvP is best played with a team and operated as a team. Solo'ing in PvP should equal a melted face more often than not. Find yourself some fellow PvP'rs and go melt face yourself otherwise learn to play before complaining about something that really isn't that overpowered if you knew what you were doing.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    avangeris wrote: »
    Lots of Bull****
    your-tears-are-delicious-360x500[1].jpg
  • o0k1a7h3m0ko0k1a7h3m0k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clearly the OP has forgotten about the Backdoor GFs, the 1-2 Turtle DCs in mid, the bots, the AFKs, and the fact that a well played CW is one of the best 1v1 PvP classes in the game! TRs IMBA?...Really? I tank 2-3 of them at a time with my DC all day long. How's that for IMBA? The only class that should be *****ing about IMBA is the GWF as they're the weakest PvP class (in general, I know they CAN be played well but they generally are not and their kit is generally weaker than other classes).
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And their outdpsing me in pve with t1 weps while im fully maxed out as cw full rank 8-9 enchants going for crit severety build.I know cws is all about support but still.

So should we give rogues the ability to spam singularity with 100% uptime as well as chain CC someone in PVP rendering them unable to fight back as they die?

If a rogue wasn't outdpsing you in pve there would be no reason to have a rogue in the party.
  • aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    You should be getting out DPS'd. You're not a DPS class.

Getting one shot? Don't go glass cannon.

Glass canon are reserved for class which are high damage and low armor/no mitigation.

Since as you admit he is not a DPS class, maybe you should call him a glass stick, or something less intimidating than a canon.

@OP : main take on this is that the balance is out of whack after level 30. Having PVP a bit for both before and after 30 (not even 60 yet) with CW, DC, and TR, you feel a drastic difference.

We'll see if it is checked with the "big" coming balance patch.
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clearly the OP has forgotten about the Backdoor GFs,

backdoor gf's? Last time I asked my gf about "the backdoor" I got a slap :(
  • ironmasherironmasher Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    I'm literaly bored of so many noobs yelling out about OP classes when they loose against someone better experienced. Gear is not everything in this game since it's not TAB TARGET BASED and you are able to avoid atacks. I've seen slackers in all the games i've played. This is simply stupid. Every class has their strenghts/weaknesses.
  • ironmasherironmasher Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    "So should we give rogues the ability to spam singularity with 100% uptime as well as chain CC someone in PVP rendering them unable to fight back as they die?

If a rogue wasn't outdpsing you in pve there would be no reason to have a rogue in the party."

+1 Agreed.
  • avangerisavangeris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    ironmasher wrote: »
    I'm literaly bored of so many noobs yelling out about OP classes when they loose against someone better experienced. Gear is not everything in this game since it's not TAB TARGET BASED and you are able to avoid atacks. I've seen slackers in all the games i've played. This is simply stupid. Every class has their strenghts/weaknesses.
    Being able to 1 shoot with t1 wep a fully geared cw is due to expirience ?Youre ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Being able to 1 shoot with t1 wep a fully geared cw is due to expirience ?Youre ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

If you're talking about the pvp T1 weapon, it's great for stacking armor penetration for a TR, which is important in pvp. Some people stack stats according to their playstyle, regardless of what their GS is. GS does not equal skill.

You can be fully geared with a GS of 12k+ and still get smashed if you don't know what you're doing or getting outplayed.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well the thing that gives CW's a massive dps boost is also giving their whole group one as well, so.. yeah.
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm - your ice dagger can one shot, so if you really are decked out at 8 9 (wow, lot of money spent) then whats up?

At first Rogues ticked me off, but it seems the exploits many of them used (unlimited hp etc) are plugged so now I can at least fight them. Yes I get one shotted occasionally - but I betcha that will disappear quick.

Fact is right now PVP is the team with the most CW wins.

How about yesterday, CW pretty much one shots rogue with me with ice dagger and maybe 2 seconds of ray. Turns ray on me for five seconds and then ice daggers me. 2 daily's in under 10 seconds? With 15 to 20 K damage? Be real, as a GWF I am luck to have a 10k daily every 30 seconds....
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    These are all issues of pvp at level 60. A drastic gap from level 59 and lower.
    What needs to be changed is CW and Rogue at level 60 in pvp.
  • aenuuaenuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    ironmasher wrote: »
    "So should we give rogues the ability to spam singularity with 100% uptime as well as chain CC someone in PVP rendering them unable to fight back as they die?

If a rogue wasn't outdpsing you in pve there would be no reason to have a rogue in the party."

+1 Agreed.

Exactly - the only thing a rogue brings to a PvE group (aside from a little utility, depending on how they are spec'd) is single target DPS. When played right, they should be the best at what their class was designed to do.
  • carcxcarcx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rogue users are gonna say everything it's ok, PvP is balanced.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play a CW and PVP quite a bit. A well-geared rogue is my worst nightmare. Generally I can handle most other classes, outside of Sents (although I can keep a point from them for a long time, just can't take them down).

Otherwise, 1-2 hits and I'm down from a well-geared TR. Once I start getting littered with daggers, I port to my team, or port away and hope his stealth fades. Then, if I can outlast his ITC, it's stun-lock time. It's a rough counter to a CW, however.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rogues should be dps and they are prolly squishiest class in game... however, i totally agree that 1 shot from stealth make game unfair... 2-3 shots, ok... but 1 shot dont give u any chance to defend urself... as i said rogues are very squishy and if CW got rogues under control, rogue cant survive... also keep in mind that rogue is melee (aside those few low dmg range powers)...
    so, yes.. i agree that some powers need slightly nerf... but not much (considering rogue poor survivability)...
    Veno Forever <3
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Necromancy is not allowed. Much has changed since beta... please don't necro threads.
This discussion has been closed.